The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the feeling that it's not that SCE are better without their characterístic helmet, it's just that there is a missing theme in AoS of normal dudes with heavy armors...

Stormcast are also better with Greatsword heads that have a feathered hat. So the Stormcast heads and helmets are bad, the Greatsword (and demi) heads are great, or both.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I feel like this ought to be it's own discussion so I will jump back to rumours in a second. I think that Stormcast have a terrific and iconic design and that it has its roots in Corinthian and similar helmet designs of antiquity. Furthermore when Stormcast are painted in a bronze I feel the aesthetic influence becomes a lot more clear and visually appealing. However, many people including myself are more interested in a more medieval feel for our heroic paladins. This is why heads swaps are so prevalent and I think the more knightly armour of the Thunderstrike make that aesthetic more desirable. Personally I am shopping around for heads before I begin building my Stormcast but I also know that it will limit me somewhat when buying second hand models, as I do not want to be forced to remove an older head and have to purchase new knight heads each set of models. So Stormcast helmets are an absolute positive in terms of iconography and extratextual reference but they do feel odd next to the more medieval aesthetic of most other factions. However, I am finding most of the newer armies are leaning more towards antiquity and maybe one day the reverse will be true and Bretonnian/Chaos warrior style helmets will be the ones to stick out like a sore thumb.

Back to rumours/speculation, if they were to release a Nurgle/Sylvaneth box I think that would be a great way to further tease Kurnothi aelves. Have the pack come with a new champion of Nurgle and Wardancer faun hero for the Sylvaneth. With Kroak and Be'Lakor making such stunning transformations into plastic is it time for the Harbinger of Decay to join the other two best former legacy resin kits into plastic glory? I think they could even do a companion terrain release for Warcry with a Feculant Gnarlmaw and Wyldwood with some small ruins.

Here would be my hope for a nice theme: Hunters in the Garden, Kurnoth has re-embodied and wants to take a more proactive role in combating threats to the woods and with the adundance of life energy takes the fight to Nurgle's gardens directly.
Sylvaneth: 1x  Kurnothi Aelf hero. 2x Kurnoth hunters

Nurgle: 1 Harbringer, 2x Blight kings

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

Have there been any more rumours or hints about Kruleboyz? Really hoping they have decent Rules...

I'm also kind of hoping they haven't messed with IJ. 

take with grain of salt from the Discord

Gimmick: Middle of the road elite/horde army that can capably skew either way, lots of unit variety, meant to be accessible/lots of options for new players who don't want to play SCE. Lots of movement and morale shenanigans, not just getting around the table themselves, but making it harder for the enemy to move as well; one in every four units can be held in reserve and can deep strike anywhere on the table no more than 9" from an enemy unit, 3" if that unit lost any models to battleshock in the preceding phase. Do not lose a command point for hiring a Mega-Gargant.

Sludgeraker : is a huge crocodilian that's more of a force of nature than a unit. 16W, 2+ save, ignores wounds or mortals on a 6, main weapon (it's jaws) is 5/+3/+3/-3/D3. +1 to wound rolls if it charged. It's also about 150 points less than it ought to be. What's the catch? After the first time it fights it MUST charge the nearest enemy if able for the rest of the game, although a Breaka-boss can check it for a command point.

Skyrippa : is a giant bat w/ a scorpion tail rode by a killaboss. 8W, 3 up save, 16 move. Can deep strike. -1 to be hit.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sowoky said:

Wanting (or even needing) something doesn't make it so.  How many armies "needed" something in AoS 2.0 (more than spells and terrain) and how many actually got it? Most armies still need "big" updates (either small armies like Fireslayers, DoK, SoB) or models with many outdated kits (CoS, seraphon, skaven, boc, ogors, std).   They can't address all those this cycle..there may be some souping/consolidation (model squatting), and the other armies may just get a battletome and hopefully a plastic hero or maybe even a single unit kit.   Look at how long eldar is waiting to only receive a unit and a hero 

I'm not a BoC/Skaven player and I'm not a huge fan of any of these armies but GW wants to remove the metal and finecast as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to remove all the resin and metal during AoS3.0 era, but at least, half of the old models will gone before AoS4 is released.

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

take with grain of salt from the Discord

This originates in an old 4chan post, and is almost certainly untrue given stuff that GW's revealed since. We've seen the Sludgeraker already, it's the mount for Swampboss Skumdrekk or the generic Snatchaboss, and GW mentioned a few of its rules (has kruleboyz poison on the beast attacks, plus an aura that improves poison damage), totally unlike the rules in that rumor. The teased flying beast is almost certainly a giant vulture called a Corpse-Rippa, which was featured in a Broken Realms fiction a couple weeks ago.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Greybeard86 said:

Is it missing, though, or just pushed to the side?

Does it matter?

Maybe all this normal dudes are already made and GW is waiting for a TOW release? Maybe for a Cities/Dawnbringer crusades 2.0? Maybe never? We will never know, but I'm glad that some people saw some conversion oportunities to make their own SCE armies.

57 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Stormcast are also better with Greatsword heads that have a feathered hat. So the Stormcast heads and helmets are bad, the Greatsword (and demi) heads are great, or both.

All miniatures are bad if they are not KOs. Not even SCE with diferents heads (unless they are KO heads, then they are the best conversion ever). 🤣

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

This originates in an old 4chan post, and is almost certainly untrue given stuff that GW's revealed since. We've seen the Sludgeraker already, it's the mount for Swampboss Skumdrekk or the generic Snatchaboss, and GW mentioned a few of its rules (has kruleboyz poison on the beast attacks, plus an aura that improves poison damage), totally unlike the rules in that rumor. The teased flying beast is almost certainly a giant vulture called a Corpse-Rippa, which was featured in a Broken Realms fiction a couple weeks ago.

yeah, since there was nothing else being rummage around the webs so i though i might as well post it. granted it could just be he mistook the character riding the beast and the posion ability is a second ability on the scroll

i do think the playstyle and deepstrike may have some teeth since that was from a different person

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

All miniatures are bad if they are not KOs. Not even SCE with diferents heads (unless they are KO heads, then they are the best conversion ever). 🤣

I mean, with the newer helmets, they're kind of already half way there . . .

• Haha 2

On rumors, the chaos tome might be skaven since much of their abilities don't really work with the new edition (overwhelming mass and clanshields especially) and giants rats with the new size can't use their whole warscroll. The new sizes are strange as well, since Stormvermin are 10 minimum 30 maximum and come in boxes of 20. Maybe it points to a rewrite where the changes make more sense? 

15 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

On rumors, the chaos tome might be skaven since much of their abilities don't really work with the new edition (overwhelming mass and clanshields especially) and giants rats with the new size can't use their whole warscroll. The new sizes are strange as well, since Stormvermin are 10 minimum 30 maximum and come in boxes of 20. Maybe it points to a rewrite where the changes make more sense? 

The new SCE and Orruk Warclans Battletomes will have new points, so I don't think it is any clue.

It is very possible that some Skaven units disappear or be changed for new units if the new Battletome is a complete rework.

Stormcast always look better with head swaps, because their standard helmet design is so bland. 

Ive dont them with Spacewolf heads, Bretonnian heads and general bare ones and its always good, though id LOVE to have some good Dwarven ones spare to use :)

• Like 1

I think part of it is how they're just painted like the rest of the model, but make them more maskish/death masky and suddenly it's a lot more interesting to me personally.

_MG_8079.JPG.b546deecfce59ed79091050b19f7a3c6.JPG

In other news, I really do hope we get more AoS new inbetween the Ork and Kill Team stuff, like it's nice we know that OW and SCE are due next month but I'd like some sense of where this is going honestly. The crusade packs in 40k have been some of the most interesting content for me, so I hope we get something like it for Path to Glory

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 5

47 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

I'm not sure if this would be busted, but I'd love for Skaven to get some kind of internal Coalition rule. Like 1-in-4 can be from a different clan and not lose the mono-clan benefits. Like for example, you could go Skryre and have your Stormfiend battleline, but still take a Hell Pit Abomination.

• LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Stormcast always look better with head swaps, because their standard helmet design is so bland. 

Just goes to show how wonderful variety is. For me, the bland, emotionless helmets are far better than seeing faces or having any 'character' to them. I like them as a cold, heartless, relentless, faceless force of unwavering and emotionless annihilation.

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

20 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Yeah, it feels like SCE knows who are the ones wearing the best helmets...

137865729_KOsEternals.jpg.5764dbeade382b00a24d91220156fb5f.jpg

But they'll never have those sweet mustache guns!

In other news, I'm definitely starting to feel the yen for more news. The fluff pieces on the GW community site just aren't doing anything for me any more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm not a BoC/Skaven player and I'm not a huge fan of any of these armies but GW wants to remove the metal and finecast as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to remove all the resin and metal during AoS3.0 era, but at least, half of the old models will gone before AoS4 is released.

This is a rumour I have heard. That GW wants to rid itself of the metal as soon as possible, not sure on resin and turn them into plastic. Skaven and BOC have quite a lot of metal. 

• Like 1

though in reality, GW isn't really phasing out metal/ Resin model at any great pace, people are just assuming that GW are making an effort on this front but it is far from as soon as possible.

looking at 40k is a very glacial phase of them converting named character into plastic even for armies like the Marine chapters like Space wolf, Blood angels, and Dark angels.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like this ought to be it's own discussion so I will jump back to rumours in a second. I think that Stormcast have a terrific and iconic design and that it has its roots in Corinthian and similar helmet designs of antiquity. Furthermore when Stormcast are painted in a bronze I feel the aesthetic influence becomes a lot more clear and visually appealing. However, many people including myself are more interested in a more medieval feel for our heroic paladins. This is why heads swaps are so prevalent and I think the more knightly armour of the Thunderstrike make that aesthetic more desirable. Personally I am shopping around for heads before I begin building my Stormcast but I also know that it will limit me somewhat when buying second hand models, as I do not want to be forced to remove an older head and have to purchase new knight heads each set of models. So Stormcast helmets are an absolute positive in terms of iconography and extratextual reference but they do feel odd next to the more medieval aesthetic of most other factions. However, I am finding most of the newer armies are leaning more towards antiquity and maybe one day the reverse will be true and Bretonnian/Chaos warrior style helmets will be the ones to stick out like a sore thumb.

Stormcast are shrinkwrapped in their helmets, without really a way to take that helmet off, or open a mouth in that helmet. It seems the helmet is even smaller than the head, which is just nonsense.

It does seem helmet design has also improved in the last version, and I even rather like the tight Arcanum helmet (even though it seems impossible).

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Ahlambra said:

I'm not sure if this would be busted, but I'd love for Skaven to get some kind of internal Coalition rule. Like 1-in-4 can be from a different clan and not lose the mono-clan benefits. Like for example, you could go Skryre and have your Stormfiend battleline, but still take a Hell Pit Abomination.

I am half hoping for a BOC or a Chaos dwarves book as if they do Skaven then they will need a massive line refresh. If they do Skaven though I hope they give some more different Eshin specific units. maybe an Eshin sorcerer or an Eshin equivalent to a rat ogre.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, SpectralHunter said:

I am half hoping for a BOC or a Chaos dwarves book as if they do Skaven then they will need a massive line refresh. If they do Skaven though I hope they give some more different Eshin specific units. maybe an Eshin sorcerer or an Eshin equivalent to a rat ogre.

If they actually refresh the Eshin line, then I'll finally take the plunge on the Skaven. An army of Ninja-Assassin Rats-men? Yes please :D

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

If they actually refresh the Eshin line, then I'll finally take the plunge on the Skaven. An army of Ninja-Assassin Rats-men? Yes please :D

The major 3 in need of refresh are Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and Seraphon. If they all got updated, the sheer amount of money being thrown at GW would be monumental!!

• Like 1

Stormcast helmets make them look like Cybermen from Dr. Who. I cannot take them seriously. The fact that they change radically in appeal with a simple headswap is the only reason besides dragons that I have any at all.

I really want to see a Beasts of Chaos refresh; GW has done them dirty since I started them back before Chaos was split into three separate groups. I would appreciate even a little revamp. At least update the Shaggoth to his proper mountainous size. 

Edited by Murder Pancake
  • Confused 1