The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Dude, it went legends last ghb.. or did I not get the memo? :(

No it didn't. Fimir did, but Azgorh hasn't. They're still listed under Chaos. I even played them last month. That said, considering the new Chaos Dwarf rumors, I fully expect them to go Legends this time. Hopefully not and we get one last year so we don't have to wait for a replacement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cofaxest said:

As KO collector I will be more than happy to know that too because I'm already ready to spend 1500$ on Fyreslayers for combined duardin tome) 

I am with you, im fyreslayer(and dispossessed) player ready to spend many money on KO if we get the soup tome

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Enoby said:

In other news, I am quite sad about the official stance GW has taken against 3D printed conversion parts. 

Looks like most of my army will never see White Dwarf due to some head conversions :(

Their loss! Your army is a fantastic display of the type of originality and freedom this hobby can provide. 😁

I am not nearly as strong of a hobbyist, but my favourite thing is to develop a unique colour scheme to make an army feel like it is mine. Even when it is not truly unique so long as it deviates from the standard GW scheme. It just makes me happy to know that I will not come across it on the table repeatedly even if I see something remarkably similar. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Enoby said:

In other news, I am quite sad about the official stance GW has taken against 3D printed conversion parts. 

what is the new official stance of GW on this, I think I missed it? 
as someone who sells 3D printed parts for conversions I might want to take notice of this😬

On 6/16/2021 at 9:32 AM, Sigmarusvult said:

I have received the newest issue of the white dwarf today and the last few pages are dedicated to a story that follows Grungni, it involves dialogues with many other gods. Without spoiling it, I have found the story to be excellent, I really can't wait to see what GW have planned for duardins in the future! 

Agree, this story was wonderful.  Really got good insights into Grungi and some of the other gods.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 4:17 PM, Acrozatarim said:

Oh, and, while I'm being annoyed: they say "Beware of miscasts!"

But you can't beware of miscasts. There's nothing you can do to avoid miscasts apart from... not cast spells. On all those characters whose cost is predicated on the idea that they will, in fact, be casting spells.

It's just a random smack to the chops that occasionally crops up and you just have to suck it down and carry on. There's no new layer of strategy or tactics to it.

Has dispell range also been increased? ... 

14 minutes ago, zamerion said:

We need more secrets please!

My wallet says yes

But my brain says no

GHB leaks are still a noshow

Have gargants gone up?

Have stardrakes gone down?

This lack of information gives me a consumer-frown

Are liberators still cheap?

Will Mawkrushas break the bank

Are Fomoroid Crushers the new discount battle tanks?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elfhead said:

what is the new official stance of GW on this, I think I missed it? 
as someone who sells 3D printed parts for conversions I might want to take notice of this😬

The new AoS rules state (section 1.2 🤓) that a "model" is a Citadel Miniature on a plastic base and that scenery should be from the Age of Sigmar range.  What this means is that if you're following the Core Rules to the letter, you shouldn't be using any third-party parts- 3d printed or otherwise.

My feeling is that GW have done this for a couple of reasons.  Firstly because it's a lot easier to define a "Citadel Miniature" versus a miniature for a fantasy game.  Secondly, when they run one of their own events, they don't need to clarify that you must only use citadel miniatures because it's now hard baked into the rules.  Previously they had to put this into every event pack because GW on occasion take photos of armies and put them up on their social media accounts.

What it'll mean in reality is that most non-GW events will put an exception into their battlepack allowing people to use third-party miniatures & parts.  People playing at home will continue using whatever parts they fancy to make their models look cool because they'll skim over that bit of the rules and barely notice it's even a thing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

The new AoS rules state (section 1.2 🤓) that a "model" is a Citadel Miniature on a plastic base and that scenery should be from the Age of Sigmar range.  What this means is that if you're following the Core Rules to the letter, you shouldn't be using any third-party parts- 3d printed or otherwise.

My feeling is that GW have done this for a couple of reasons.  Firstly because it's a lot easier to define a "Citadel Miniature" versus a miniature for a fantasy game.  Secondly, when they run one of their own events, they don't need to clarify that you must only use citadel miniatures because it's now hard baked into the rules.  Previously they had to put this into every event pack because GW on occasion take photos of armies and put them up on their social media accounts.

What it'll mean in reality is that most non-GW events will put an exception into their battlepack allowing people to use third-party miniatures & parts.  People playing at home will continue using whatever parts they fancy to make their models look cool because they'll skim over that bit of the rules and barely notice it's even a thing.

They write these guidelines because they can. They are the big boy in the block and they will enforce what is best for them to the best of their ability. 

Never mind that this is as anti-hobby as it gets, conversions being a big part of making your army your own.

This is why I believe that excessive dependence on GW for events is a bad thing. They run a business, but we are here for the creativity, the hobby, the fun. Business decisions do get in the way of that, sometimes.

Edited by Greybeard86
Spelling
  • Like 4

I mean it's 100 for  Ardboyz now and 130 for brutes, so brutes went up by 50 while ardboyz went up 20? For me that makes ardboyz value. 

The above list also has the warchanter twice at two different points so seems a tad suspect.

Edited by AaronWilson
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

I mean it's 100 for  Ardboyz now and 130 for brutes, so brutes went up by 50 while ardboyz went up 20? For me that makes ardboyz value. 

Ardboyz work better reinforced where Brutes are fine in 5s and they have better quality of attacks (volume/damage). They also have 1 more wound per body making them more valuable to Mystic Shield or AoD. Id pay more for Brutes any day of the week (they also look miles better 😉)

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Ardboyz work better reinforced where Brutes are fine in 5s and they have better quality of attacks (volume/damage). They also have 1 more wound per body making them more valuable to Mystic Shield or AoD. Id pay more for Brutes any day of the weak (they also look miles better 😉)

Agreed Ardboys better reinforced, and agree brutes are better in 5s. 

3 minutes ago, zamerion said:

in 4chan a person assures that there will be 6 more (units), including one named hero and two monsters (for kruleboyz)

I don't know if it includes the troll and the war machine in those 6

I’m guessing if it were true it couldn’t include the troll since we know of two to be revealed monsters (or at least given other leaks are extremely likely to be monster) that being the sludgeraker and then the winged monstrosity that warcom teased, I’d assume this person doesn’t actually know or has the units mixed up ahaha! 

Edited by Deakz28

2 minutes ago, zamerion said:

in 4chan a person assures that there will be 6 more (units), including one named hero and two monsters (for kruleboyz)

I don't know if it includes the troll and the war machine in those 6

As much as the Hobgrots look cool, I hope none of those 6 units are Hobgrot related, to me they dont suit the army style and also my lord are the Slittas just bad, id rather not have another bad Hobgrot unit even if they are mounted, id rather have mounted Gutrippas on smaller hounds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

As much as the Hobgrots look cool, I hope none of those 6 units are Hobgrot related, to me they dont suit the army style and also my lord are the Slittas just bad, id rather not have another bad Hobgrot unit even if they are mounted, id rather have mounted Gutrippas on smaller hounds.

I'm with you. I hope the rumored cavalry is of orcs and not hobgrots

• Like 1