The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

It was Enoby's idea! 😇

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Open a new thread for it! :)

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

That‘s a lovely idea indeed. I‘m sure they weren‘t allowed to weite as much as they would‘ve liked (and could, after all they‘re all way better at the game than I‘ll ever be) but so far the articles feel a bit too shallow. I‘d love to see others from here share how they think 3.0 will affect their army, both good and bad…! 👁‍🗨

Here's the thread :)

Hopefully, if enough people can share thoughts, it'll be a good chance to assess AoS from a well rounded perspective. By that I mean knowing how each army will intertwine with the rules and with other armies - perhaps we can even start predicting the "true" winners and losers of AoS 3, as it's easy to become tunnel visioned in a faction thread and see things in too positive or negative a light 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Televiper11 said:

Looks like bye-bye Balewind Vortex 

Here’s hoping not. I was planning on dropping Fecula on it with her bodyguards at the base for a decent caster platform that has multiple spells and is nigh-impossible to dislodge without serious resources devoted. 

you know, for all of the two times I play my Nurgle army. 😆

7 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

On the contrary the new stuff steps right in the toes of what is already there. There are already 3 variants of paladins, the new ones are simply improved paladins, they are not fitting a different role at all. 

Same for vindictors, they are clearly the new and improved liberators. The poor libs might still just be used if they are a bit cheaper as is their lot in life it seems, but they only differentiate themselves by just being the worst version of the basically the same thing. 

No this is clearly warrior chamber 2.0, it might not be a bad thing, but I doubt we will see any new stormcast again in the old style, they are just waiting to be replaced entirely down the line.

Liberators could be cheaper and/or negate mortal/regular wounds, easily giving them a place in the roster. Vindictors do have the "redeemer" keyword like liberators, but this doesn't automatically mean they replace libs, in the same way that sequitors did not replace them. If they're supposed to be the main force of Stormkeeps, Liberators could become great picks for turtling or defensive lists.

Neither Annihilators or Praetors have the "paladin" keyword, and while Annihilators don't have a specific role like the original paladins do, they also do not negate the monster-killing of protectors or the horde-bonuses of decimators. I could see them replacing retributors for the points but again we'll have to see. Without benefitting from the paladin keyword, the older kits could easily get buffs to give you reasons to take them.

I'll be the first one to agree with you that GW shouldn't be defended against business practices affecting lore and model releases/squatting, but I'm just not seeing the same thing here that Primaris did to regular marines. If the new tome proves me wrong, I'll gladly eat my hat.

• Like 1

I have received the newest issue of the white dwarf today and the last few pages are dedicated to a story that follows Grungni, it involves dialogues with many other gods. Without spoiling it, I have found the story to be excellent, I really can't wait to see what GW have planned for duardins in the future! 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

I’m glad Balewind Vortex is getting benched. It’s been out of print for nearly a year and yet it stayed an important competitive piece. I’d prefer it being rereleased with a new model, but this is still better than how it was treated.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Oh, and, while I'm being annoyed: they say "Beware of miscasts!"

But you can't beware of miscasts. There's nothing you can do to avoid miscasts apart from... not cast spells. On all those characters whose cost is predicated on the idea that they will, in fact, be casting spells.

Khorne approves of your conclusion

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

But you can't beware of miscasts. There's nothing you can do to avoid miscasts apart from... not cast spells. On all those characters whose cost is predicated on the idea that they will, in fact, be casting spells.

It's just a random smack to the chops that occasionally crops up and you just have to suck it down and carry on. There's no new layer of strategy or tactics to it.

Tzeentch is one of the few armies where you can avoid miscasts.

Reallt want to get that spell off - use destiny dice. 

Not to mention the army has quite a few reroll casting dice mechanics. 

19 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Really kind of sucks for Nagash. When you cast 8 spells a turn, you have a 20% of at least one miscast. He only loses about 1 cast on average, but there will definitely be turns where he just loses all 8 of his spells because he miscasts the first one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

Tzeentch is one of the few armies where you can avoid miscasts.

Reallt want to get that spell off - use destiny dice. 

Not to mention the army has quite a few reroll casting dice mechanics. 

But none of that changes at all due to miscasts. You don't use destiny dice to cast because miscasts exist, you do it because you definitely need that spell to happen right now. You don't reroll casting dice because you rolled a double 1 - you'd be rerolling it anyway because it's a failed cast in the first place.

There's no additional level of decision making or tactics added by miscasts, and that's for the army with perhaps the most rules for interacting with spellcasting, let alone everyone else.

*stands back up a moment after sitting down*

And then, and then, the miscast itself is utterly boring! Here, have some damage and end of spellcasting. Nothing particularly unpredictable and interesting. No expression of how magic works in the setting. Nothing that makes miscasting fundamentally shift the on-board situation in a way you couldn't have predicted. It's fast, sure, but that's all.

I'd welcome fun, interesting miscast rules that gave spellcasting an extra level of tactical decision-making and risk-taking, and that had a meaningful impact on how the game plays. This sure as hell isn't it.

Sorry, I'm just really cheesed off at how bad the design function is of the new miscast rule. I work in tabletop game design and this is just, ******, just such a cross between missed opportunity and uninteresting implementation, it makes me irrationally frustrated with such a minor element of the game.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

But none of that changes at all due to miscasts. You don't use destiny dice to cast because miscasts exist, you do it because you definitely need that spell to happen right now. You don't reroll casting dice because you rolled a double 1 - you'd be rerolling it anyway because it's a failed cast in the first place.

There's no additional level of decision making or tactics added by miscasts, and that's for the army with perhaps the most rules for interacting with spellcasting, let alone everyone else.

Yeah, kinda sad, to see that there isnMt a mistcast chance on an unmodified roll of 12 (or 13, nah that already exists never mind)

Edited by Skreech Verminking

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

With Pre Orders going live this weekend, what are the chances the article that goes up Previews more Models for either side? Or on Sunday we get an announcement for an Online Preview on the 26th?

Hard to say, though for my money they'll hold off on revealing too much of the new stuff until after Dominion has dropped. I don't think they want to show anything that might cause folks to back out of buying their big starter box in favor of waiting for other thing.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Hard to say, though for my money they'll hold off on revealing too much of the new stuff until after Dominion has dropped. I don't think they want to show anything that might cause folks to back out of buying their big starter box in favor of waiting for other thing.

GW are likely fuming over the Horus Heresy leaks as they’ve likely done just that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

It would have the opposite effect on me though. Right now I'm not sold on the Kruleboyz and the Stormcast lack a centrepiece that I love. If I see some cool new units for both sides, I'm much more likely to buy Dominion as a starter for those armies. 

On the 40k side the photo of the upcoming Necron range leaked early and it absolutely increased everyone's hype for Indomitus. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Good point mate, I personally wont be picking up Dominion, one extra chance for you lads!! But I do want to see what Monsters the Kruelboyz have for hobby projects.

2 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

GW are likely fuming over the Horus Heresy leaks as they’ve likely done just that.

Oh what leaks happened? 

Just now, Chikout said:

It would have the opposite effect on me though. Right now I'm not sold on the Kruleboyz and the Stormcast lack a centrepiece that I love. If I see some cool new units for both sides, I'm much more likely to buy Dominion as a starter for those armies. 

On the 40k side the photo of the upcoming Necron range leaked early and it absolutely increased everyone's hype for Indomitus. 

Also a great point mate!!

13 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

I have received the newest issue of the white dwarf today and the last few pages are dedicated to a story that follows Grungni, it involves dialogues with many other gods. Without spoiling it, I have found the story to be excellent, I really can't wait to see what GW have planned for duardins in the future! 

I hope they release a black library compilation of these White Dwarf/Grungni stories soon they sound great. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

With Pre Orders going live this weekend, what are the chances the article that goes up Previews more Models for either side? Or on Sunday we get an announcement for an Online Preview on the 26th?

After indomitus came on release day they did a celebration stream where they revealed further out products, I could see this happening for us on the 3rd of July :) 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RetconnedLegion said:

You might be right, I am likely going to go easier this weekend on Dominion stuff if I know there is another full boxed set I'll need to buy later this year.