The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

Where’s that new Alarielle warscroll?  3.0 is cool and all, but it’s time Alarielle gets the god treatment!!

They aren't giving much attention to BR: Kragnos so far. We got a warscroll, a spoiler of the story and that's it... I just hope we don't end with another Slaanesh situation, where they preview almost nothing rule-wise because there wasn't much to show anyway

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, sandlemad said:

The Shadowgave is Morghur, it's one of his titles.

Rather promising, the way this beastman narrator talks about Morghur speaking to them through dreams more and more recently. Fingers crossed it bodes well for AoS 3.0 beastmen, this particular anarchic and evermutating theme is a good angle to distinguish them from the rest of chaos and also Destruction.

Is it?  I should look into his lore again.

"Gave" historically (back to Realm of Chaos era) has been when human (often bretonnian) babies were born with mutations they were "gave" to the forest, ,.. to die and the strong ones survived with Herds.  

22 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I think the beastmen tome refers to him as a minor chaos deity? A big plastic centrepiece kit for something like an 'Avatar of Morghur' with some sort of beastmen range update would be a pretty obvious slam dunk for GW.

I've long wanted a Morghur in AoS as a large model.  Or a better sized Shaggoth Ancient (the original one's perspective was those are Gors in it's hair... so bit).  the art classically was fantastic.  These are two super obvious ways to make the army better.  Plus they started down a good line of fluff with DrOgurs.

19 hours ago, Feii said:

Hmmmm Twin Peaks you say? The gitz are not what they seem!

🥰  What year is this?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

They aren't giving much attention to BR: Kragnos so far. We got a warscroll, a spoiler of the story and that's it... I just hope we don't end with another Slaanesh situation, where they preview almost nothing rule-wise because there wasn't much to show anyway

If there’s no destruction soup army with Kragnoss leading it like they’ve hinted at  in his reveal video and images I’ll be bitterly dissapointed and probably won’t bother buying either the book or Kragnoss himself.

15 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

If there’s no destruction soup army with Kragnoss leading it like they’ve hinted at  in his reveal video and images I’ll be bitterly dissapointed and probably won’t bother buying either the book or Kragnoss himself.

If he is getting one it'll probably only be a two pager like with Legion of the first prince! 

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

It's a shame we haven't heard any more on BR Kragnos :( You'd have thought that, with four new kits coming out that they'd have tried to hype them a bit more 

They probably view the Dominion/new edition hype as being a bigger (more profitable) venture to hype. If the production/sales schedules were running as they normally do without Covid, they probably would've done. 

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

It's a shame we haven't heard any more on BR Kragnos :( You'd have thought that, with four new kits coming out that they'd have tried to hype them a bit more 

Same, particularly in regards to the models size and their rules, how can I make a cool daemon prince conversion from the flute boi if I don’t know how big he is?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

We would likely have had more info on it if it hadn't been delayed.  As things stand it is now in the teaser window for aos 3, and it will take priority.  It is a shame as I would also like to know about the twins, but I get why things have ended up this way.

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They probably view the Dominion/new edition hype as being a bigger (more profitable) venture to hype. If the production/sales schedules were running as they normally do without Covid, they probably would've done. 

Yeah, the past year has really messed schedules up and I think that's something where we need to be more understanding, global pandemic and all - I partly wonder if there was even supposed to be a fifth BR book as it feels like a LOT is happening in Kragnos (not to mention the black library short stories featured the title character on each, but had a fifth one for Alarielle - a bit odd, isn't it?).

So, BR: Kragnos has to suffer so that the hype can be directed towards the Dominion box and 3.0

It's the same as with Psychic Awakening: Pariah and Indomitus. Timings were all screwed up because covid so they had to more or less hurry it out the door with little fanfare and minimal attention. The background suffered for it too, a lot of the built up for 9e 40k which Pariah was meant to herald was undercut.

Not 100% sold on the idea that they had to squish together a hypothetical Alarielle book and BR Kragnos but then there are a lot of warscrolls and releases in one batch. I suppose we'll see hints of it one way or another soon enough.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

1DEDE469-9AED-4B6A-B308-B859EDBBEF42.jpeg.a041aa00a9e45e753e415a38fe37e9ff.jpegsorry if I’m respiring something but that looks like a witch doctor to me. Tikkis confirmed.

I guess that confirms these two rumors:

Edit: I just realized that posted earlier, there was a much deeper, in-depth sketch; I still think these two rumors are connected somehow to either this character or another model within this release. 

8E4C192C-0E3E-4CE6-9805-861EF5D34B58.jpeg

D01B49BC-C3C9-463C-BA11-C67F19D15711.jpeg

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 2

I think people just want to talk about anything release related but we are 2 days before (24ish hours for NZ) a big release and the end of the BR narrative and we got no tangible previews for it since monday? Really enjoyed how they handled SBG battletome with daily articles. 

people dont have anything to talk about and ate really hyped so they go off topic. It is a shame. :( 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Related to rumours I do wonder why these things now have to go out at 6pm in the evening.

Makes for a very long day of waiting. ☹

#FirstRealmProblems

It's all about GW trying to find the ideal times that pair well with international exposure on a weekend.

• Like 1

As frustrating as this seemingly rushed release schedule might be, I think the new 40K article is quite telling - the fact that 2 new 40K codexes are so delayed that they were meant to drop before the points update in a week but won’t be ready until later this year is a really big setback for GW.

Makes me appreciate how royally stuffed up their whole schedule must be, so I’m very happy that they are prioritising 3.0 and working hard to get it out in its fullest version to us ☺️

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Il Maestro said:

As frustrating as this seemingly rushed release schedule might be, I think the new 40K article is quite telling - the fact that 2 new 40K codexes are so delayed that they were meant to drop before the points update in a week but won’t be ready until later this year is a really big setback for GW.

Makes me appreciate how royally stuffed up their whole schedule must be, so I’m very happy that they are prioritising 3.0 and working hard to get it out in its fullest version to us ☺️

Personally I'm working with the assumption that pretty much everything pre-2022 has in someway been delayed or hindered or had other problems because of COVID.

Despite what people like to think it will take them a while to catch up on releases as well as continue to push their production to keep up with a massive influx of new customers over the last 2 years.

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

I'm very surprised that we've not had anything about the rest of the release either, unless I've missed it but we've had no official word on the new BR sets that you posted the other day. We've seen the price list floating about but doesn't appear to be any confirmation of whats in them.

Either they've forgotten, don't want to make too much noise for them hoping people go mad for AoS3 instead or the quantity is so low that they know they will sell out without making too much of a fuss over them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Feii said:

alleged leaks - take with with a grain of salt if it is not allowed please delete it mods 

Kroak is apparently 18 wounds no shrug same rules except the one New below.

0901FD76-319E-4C62-B12F-AE35AF7B0D83.jpeg

14870DE2-3869-465F-BCF7-55A1C75F35BA.jpeg

Seems interesting :) did they have any other leaks, or just them?