The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Good point. A discounted box of 2 Hearthguard Berzerkers and a hero would help a little.

They could really use a battleforce box. But it won't happen probably. 2x berzerkers, lizard, vulkites and 1 small hero.

I've been hoping for a Fyreslayers battleforce for about three years now, it seems like such an obvious set, that its amazing that they haven't done one yet. I know the army isn't well liked, but its not that disliked!

I finally gave up this year and just went for the start collecting box. So now that I have the models I need to add a small lodge to my dwarven alliance army, they are sure to do a battleforce this year just to spite me.

• Like 1

I would absolutely love for Fyreslayers to get a few new models and some love from GW. I have 20 Hearthguard painted up just because I love the models and lore. If GW shows them some love then I will too and start the faction...here's hoping. Also, It would be fantastic to see Ogors get a re vamp this year too with updated sculpts for things like Gluttons.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

I would absolutely love for Fyreslayers to get a few new models and some love from GW. I have 20 Hearthguard painted up just because I love the models and lore. If GW shows them some love then I will too and start the faction...here's hoping. Also, It would be fantastic to see Ogors get a re vamp this year too with updated sculpts for things like Gluttons.

Agreed all around. Fyreslayers are the Order Faction I want most to get a 2nd Wave/Relaunch and Ogors definitely need some updated sculpts for things such as Yehtees, Gorgers, Butchers and Slaughtermasters and the Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers could all do with updating even if it were just more dynamic poses instead of an entire rank and file army with the same posing. 

Most of those models are from 2005 so I think 16 years is a long enough time for an updates.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Agreed all around. Fyreslayers are the Order Faction I want most to get a 2nd Wave/Relaunch and Ogors definitely need some updated sculpts for things such as Yehtees, Gorgers, Butchers and Slaughtermasters and the Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers could all do with updating even if it were just more dynamic poses instead of an entire rank and file army with the same posing. 

Most of those models are from 2005 so I think 16 years is a long enough time for an updates.

I’m painting the army up right now and I personally love monopose: so easy to paint quickly. Ogor resin needs to be first, I think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

I’m painting the army up right now and I personally love monopose: so easy to paint quickly. Ogor resin needs to be first, I think.

Oh dont get me wrong they definitely need to be done first. I just think it would help break up the silhouette of the army, it would help make the army look more intimidating and full of life if they had dynamic poses.

4 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

Seem white dwarf have been amping up dwarves lately with fiction.  The latest with gotrek and I think the white dwarf putting some ghostly dwarves to rest. Gotrek also grumbles about Grungi seemingly not doing anything but helping Sigmar make things.

I really hope they release these as a collection from Black Library - they sound brilliant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silverstu said:

I really hope they release these as a collection from Black Library - they sound brilliant.

also Gotrek has become a surrogate son (sort of) of one of the most influential Kharadron leaders in Chamon. 

They are probably thinking about retaking Grungni's Karak/funding an expedition there.  What is the best thing about it? The Karak is under Skaven control so my money is on Skaven vs New dwarf faction showdown withing a year! 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

51 minutes ago, silverstu said:

This!! I used to collect White Dwarf but even going digital to save on space it's too much money considering I want it only for AOS lore. If they made a compendium or something I'd buy that no questions asked.

• Like 2

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/24/get-to-know-kragnos-the-grumpy-god-who-tried-to-rage-smash-all-the-eggs-in-the-mortal-realms/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=WhoisKragnos240521&utm_term=WhoisKragnos240521

"Heartlands was ruled by many monstrous races that towered over the lesser mortals of the era. One of these tribes was the Drogrukh, powerful centauroid beings that, despite their great strength and capacity for war, lived in harmony with the land.Heartlands was ruled by many monstrous races that towered over the lesser mortals of the era. One of these tribes was the Drogrukh, powerful centauroid beings that, despite their great strength and capacity for war, lived in harmony with the land"

Do you guys think We'll get a Drogrukh army??

"As he hunted down the last of dragonkind, the surviving Draconith princes beseeched the aid of the ancient intellect, known only as Lord Kroak. The regal slann hatched a plan that saw Kragnos drawn into battle atop a great mountain and finally, with the Great Drake Dracothion itself lending its divine power, sealed the Earthquake God within its granite heart.As he hunted down the last of dragonkind, the surviving Draconith princes beseeched the aid of the ancient intellect, known only as Lord Kroak. The regal slann hatched a plan that saw Kragnos drawn into battle atop a great mountain and finally, with the Great Drake Dracothion itself lending its divine power, sealed the Earthquake God within its granite heart."

So can I say Dragonborn Race confirmed for AOS???? 😃😃

2 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

I’m painting the army up right now and I personally love monopose

Preach, rev.

If I could have three wishes, I'd probably spend one to get at least the option for a monopose regiment of all "standard" troops.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2

Just now, Sleboda said:

Preach, rev.

If I could have three wishes, is probably spend one to get at least the option for a monopose regiment of all "standard" troops.

Agreed, I like clean lines on the table, which is why I probably gravitate so hard to former WHFB armies like BoC, Ogors, CoS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Perturbato said:

At least they talk about fyreslayers, unlike khorne :)

See it in a positive light: being in BR doesn't necessarily give you anything useful but not being in it could very well mean that you'll get a proper update sooner than later. Khorne could certainly use it! 👍

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Khorne could certainly use it! 👍

I wholeheartedly agree, which is why one of the reasons I’m most excited for AoS 3.0 is the rumored focus towards updating older factions in the game. As a long time Khorne collector (since 2016), and as someone who started collecting Slaanesh this year, I was rather disappointed with the weak battletome that HoS received. However, I’ve heard a rumor that when BR: Kragnos drops there will be a rewrite of the terribly written Slaangor warscroll, so all hope is not lost there I suppose. Right now the biggest concern is getting some decent point reductions once AoS 3.0 drops, and I’m hoping GW takes all the criticism the book received seriously and makes some decent adjustments. 

As for Khorne, I’m really hoping there’s a rework to the warscrolls for the Bloodbound mortals: a lot of them are very outdated and don’t fit with the current meta. If one wants to build a competitive Khorne list, it’s going to primarily consist of Chaos Warriors for objective camping, a couple of Blood Thirsters, one or two Slaughter Priests, and a Blood Secreter. That’s pretty much it, unless one wants to go for marauders instead. This lack of diversity due to the aging of the book has really hampered a number of people’s experiences and enjoyments when playing the army (from what I’ve personally seen). 

• Like 1

Reading through the balance discussion, yeah, Kraggy definitely has some hard downsides and doesn't offer much to an army or that much presence to threaten an entire board.
But I do wish people would consider asymmetrical balance more often when reading people's concerns. If you've got no ranged for example in your faction, you have to try and brawl with him. He's almost immune to magic. His save is high so if you're in a faction without access to high rend or mortal spam you're in for a bad time.

It sort of becomes a NPE discussion. Sometimes something doesn't effect everyone equally, if some faction gets hardcountered or has no answer for something, they aren't wrong to complain a bit.
Sort of a general thing, where one thing isn't so bad if you consider all possible opponents, but a subsection of the opponents are really hardpressed to do something. The negative experience of bad match-ups.

If you've got tarpits ready, you can bog him down easily what with his move and no fly.
If you've got mortal spam, ideally at range. You may not 100-0 him fast enough to save some units, but you can weaken him to render him impotent.
Problems begin if you show up without those options.

• Like 6

Oh, and I saw people discuss his mortal wounds output and drawbacks. But Bellows of Rage is genuinely funny. It doesn't effect just enemy units. It effects anything other than Kragnos.
Meaning, if your opponent goes first and inflicts damage to him in their shooting and hero phase, the ability goes off twice and you'll do 2D3 mortals to all your units around him and destroy your defensible terrain.

Obviously, you'll keep him away from your terrain and units when deploying, but wait, he has an aura buff so you want people near him.
It'll be a comedy of allies forming rings around Kragnos to stay within 12'' but further than 6'' away.
Hehe...

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Oh, and I saw people discuss his mortal wounds output and drawbacks. But Bellows of Rage is genuinely funny. It doesn't effect just enemy units. It effects anything other than Kragnos.
Meaning, if your opponent goes first and inflicts damage to him in their shooting and hero phase, the ability goes off twice and you'll do 2D3 mortals to all your units around him and destroy your defensible terrain.

Obviously, you'll keep him away from your terrain and units when deploying, but wait, he has an aura buff so you want people near him.
It'll be a comedy of allies forming rings around Kragnos to stay within 12'' but further than 6'' away.
Hehe...

Thanks GW, for consistently giving Destruction players nonsensical impairments just for the lulz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I adore the Kragnos model and the flavorful warscroll, but don't see any reason why you'd take him over Gordrakk/Megaboss on Maw-krusha unless Kragnos is less than 540 points.  If he's 600-700+I suppose only non Orruk Destruction armies would find any incentive in taking him. 

Maybe the new Orruk Warclans equivalent battletome will give him some additional bonus's.   Wonder if he's the leader of these new Orruks or if there's a new special character of some kind leading them. I would love a magic Orruk special hero character being in charge of the new Orruk faction just for something different.

11 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

I adore the Kragnos model and the flavorful warscroll, but don't see any reason why you'd take him over Gordrakk/Megaboss on Maw-krusha unless Kragnos is less than 540 points.  If he's 600-700+I suppose only non Orruk Destruction armies would find any incentive in taking him. 

Maybe the new Orruk Warclans equivalent battletome will give him some additional bonus's.   Wonder if he's the leader of these new Orruks or if there's a new special character of some kind leading them. I would love a magic Orruk special hero character being in charge of the new Orruk faction just for something different.

he may have his own allegiance army rule in the BR book like Be'lekor, we don't know yet.

he doesn't have any keyword (No Orruk keyword and he not part of the Orruk race either) that would slot him into any army currently so he probably going to be a destruction ally God for a while be my guess

Edited by novakai

A person on my nearby store's discord said they are listening to the new Gitslayer and (minor spoiler) they make an offhand remark about these new greenskins. They call them Boglobs or Boggobs or something (he could not tell). Almost as big as a man and they blend in with the trees.

So that's my bad pointing everyone in the direction of the Morruk Hills for their name. It just seemed kind of obvious since it was so close to Excelsis.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well more for me than

I asked myself "do I need a third doomwheel" and figured I know the answer to "what would Skreech Verminking do"

More-more-more speed and warp-bolts! The best way to deal with units blowing themselves up is to bring more of them!

On a more rumour-related note, is the consensus that the new hobgoblin/swamp ork/destruction force is coming in under the warclans banner? So basically like Ironjawz/Bonesplitters?

19 minutes ago, Killymcgee23 said:

I asked myself "do I need a third doomwheel" and figured I know the answer to "what would Skreech Verminking do"

More-more-more speed and warp-bolts! The best way to deal with units blowing themselves up is to bring more of them!

On a more rumour-related note, is the consensus that the new hobgoblin/swamp ork/destruction force is coming in under the warclans banner? So basically like Ironjawz/Bonesplitters?

Whitefang seems to have been implying that they are part of Orruk Warclans as the weedy new orruk variant, while other reliable rumor mongers are saying they are their own faction of Orruk/Hobgoblin. It's kind of up in the air at the moment.

If Gitslayer is being coy about these gits (classifying them as a type of Grot and not Orruk) my personal bet would be on their own book (though I rather them be part of Warclans or Gloomspite depending on Orruk/Grot classification).

43 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Whitefang seems to have been implying that they are part of Orruk Warclans as the weedy new orruk variant, while other reliable rumor mongers are saying they are their own faction of Orruk/Hobgoblin. It's kind of up in the air at the moment.

If Gitslayer is being coy about these gits (classifying them as a type of Grot and not Orruk) my personal bet would be on their own book (though I rather them be part of Warclans or Gloomspite depending on Orruk/Grot classification).

I think at the moment the biggest sources for these guys are Whitefang and Grim Dark Live. Whitefang was talking about these guys even before Grim Dark Live though and called Kragnos exactly, and even Grim Dark Live said in their video there was a language barrier with their source. Whitefang then corrected them from Cruel Boyz to Kruel Boyz also. So I'm inclined to believe Whitefang's hints they're a part of Warclans in this case. If indeed that's what's even being hinted at lol.

• Like 3