The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Man that Ghazak mini is really something. "Of its time" doesn't cover it, look at those eyes. Here's hoping that whatever happens with these new guys or the hobgoblins for the WHFB revival, they're at least a bit less of a racially-charged caricature.

Yeah its pretty atrocious. I can't see it's like appearing again, thankfully. I think I was like 14 when I bought it? I'm glad times have changed on that front 

50 minutes ago, novakai said:

i don't know about three, GW seems to just give you one hero model when a new edition army book comes out and that seems to be their minimum at best of times (looking at how they did 40K). outside if you get your chance of a big range update like Sister and Orks got.

I thought the single hero only releases were lazy and a disappointment as well, only vaguely better than nothing at all but still not enough. Tzeentch for example, look at how many resin kits could and should have been updated in plastic with their book. Then you’ve got Beasts Of Chaos, Skaven and Seraphon where so much of their range is either resin or 20+ years old

• Like 1

4 hours ago, novakai said:

Dominion is a bit generic i must admits,

guess its fighting for control of Ghur and get off my land type situation

Looks like Grimdark Live was right again. They said the box was called Dominion. Cruel Boy charging the Stormcast in the video too. 

The term lazy gets thrown around a bit too much. Maybe it's just because I'm old but it wasn't that long ago that this week's pre-orders would have been an exceptionally full month for gw releases. They make far more minis every year than they ever did before. 

Before 2nd edition gw had never put out more than 6 battletomes or army books in a single year. 

The stated aim of 2nd edition was to get every battletome done within two years and make every miniature they sold playable within a book. This is a task they succeeded in. We have also seen every single army get at least some kind of miniatures in second edition. This was unheard of back in the fantasy days when they had fewer armies to deal with and also few game systems to support. 

I can definitely agree that some of the battletomes felt rushed. I hope that in third edition they can take a bit more time to produce their books. 

The one thing that irks me is the apparent lack of plan with the overarching release schedule of minis. We always hear in interviews that the minis come first, but we have never heard from the person who decides which minis to make next. Does Jes Goodwin just wake up each morning and just start randomly start sketching? Does Seb Perbet go "I had fun with those Lumineth. Let's make some more!"?

It's all a bit of a mystery. I've kind of learnt to stop worrying and enjoy the ride but I can understand the frustration of fans of particular factions. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

The interesting part to me will be the boxes that come out after the fact. With 40k, the new 'core starter set' has fewer models but more terrain. I wonder if we'll see that in AoS too? Stormcast and Gobbos and some terrain and a board to play on. 

This is the most interesting thing for me at the moment. I'm unlikely to pick up stormcast or the new faction, but I would be very interested if they dropped a reasonably priced box of terrain like they did with 40k. Never enough good terrain in my collection.

Will be interesting to see how these Morruks turn out. Little wary of them if there just a scrawnier orc, rather then a subspecies like a hobgoblin or goblinoid. But that's more just what i'm looking for. Not as interested in orcs personality wise vs. Goblins and hobgoblins, which is more my jam.

I'm optimistic! Can't wait to actually get the details this weekend. Hoping we get some synopsis of Kragnos out before the timer. Feels like it might get trampled a bit in the deluge of AOS 3 talk, and I'm really curious to see how destruction is being framed prior to Dominion.

3 hours ago, Marius au said:

I am more excited from Kragnos than third at the moment (must be the only one).

Not the only one! Can’t wait to paint him up (albeit different to the box art)! And damn 36 wounds potentially on charge, before attacks, 3d6 to ignore any spell (ignore being key since even teclis can’t stop that) and a 2+ save! Dayum not looking forward to a 1k point model though 😂

3 hours ago, Marius au said:

I am more excited from Kragnos than third at the moment (must be the only one).

I'm with ya mate!! I'm hyped as hell to see the new guys but Kragnos is our first showcase moment for Destruction!! I cant wait to read about the Siege of Excelsis and wether Gordrakk and Kragnos are going to throw down, how the Mega Gargants will be used in the Siege and how many Freeguild soldiers will be eaten by Ogors!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

There seems to be some army battalion on BR: Kragnos after all:

- Broken Realms: The butcher-herd (Beast of Chaos?) - 90€

- Broken Realms: The exquisite pursuit (Slaanesh) - 70€

- Broquen Realms: Rattachak's doom-coven (Skaven?) - 70€

- Borken Realms: Drycha's spitegrove (Sylvaneth) - 80€

Kragnos is 125€ and Kroak 90€.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Nos said:

Yeah its pretty atrocious. I can't see it's like appearing again, thankfully. I think I was like 14 when I bought it? I'm glad times have changed on that front 

Definitely. They do have a certain charm and I have some nostalgia for them in the same vein but it's hard to look past that. There's mileage in the broad concept of mounted steppe goblins in both WHFB and AoS and I strongly suspect GW won't put their foot in it quite this much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Garxia said:

Cool!!

10 minutes ago, Garxia said:

My guess concerning the Sylvaneth box, as it will go from 480 to 540 points depending on the tree revenants build.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Drycha Hamadreth (300)

Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)

Total: 540 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 25

10 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Definitely. They do have a certain charm and I have some nostalgia for them in the same vein but it's hard to look past that. There's mileage in the broad concept of mounted steppe goblins in both WHFB and AoS and I strongly suspect GW won't put their foot in it quite this much.

To be fair, the regular hobgoblins, the ones in the chorf army, didn't have those faces at all, and I think those are the ones everyone misses, not the unfortute mercenary unit (never liked it).

14 minutes ago, Garxia said:

Id have assumed butcher-herd would be destruction, Mawtribes specifically, given Kragnos is destruction. Herd does suggest beastmen though

15 minutes ago, Garxia said:

Where did you find this? Happy as hell for players of those armies but seems a bit of a blow to Destruction that 'their' book doesnt come with anything. 

8 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Didn’t they say that Gloomspite will have the BR treatment in Kragnos?

Good point, could be a squig herd?  My first thought was Beastclaw Raiders (now Mawtribes) and Ogre Butcher (finecast model? so not likley in a box set) but there could be lots of options for the herd word.

15 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Bit of a mixed blessing for beasts players, considering rumours that warscroll battalions are going away in matched play. I guess they'll have about a month to use their shiny new battalions though 🙃

I have never believed on "going away battalions" rumors , it seems absolutely meaningless.

Butchers herd sounds definitely BoC to me

Spiderfangs/Gloomspite can have probably "just" new battalions/rules in Kragnos book