The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I think the major problems is that malice is difficult to convey visually.
Old world greenskins,40k ones and also aos ones have malicious and crafty sides, still this is mostly a lore piece not reflected in the models.
Orks in 40k have books full of the kultural side of the lore that you can't see normally for example.
Also i'd sy that orcs at least have the real raw power done in the best way, Khorne servants are still slaves to him and corrupt as chaos does in a way, destruction is the purest form of "survival of the fittest" we could see that even Uruks can't convey imho, because after all they're still servants of another power.

ok... er... how about less hulk smash and more belakor wearing the armour form the battle of five armies..

26 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Wow! Those are some impressive drawing skills. I'd love an army with this aesthetic. 

So back in the day, Citadel had a guy called nick Lund working for them. he came up with this lot.  I've always loved the aesthetic, and influenced my artwork greatly.

OR009.jpgOR011.jpgOR014.jpg

and every orc needs a big chariot..

OR007.jpg

and one of these:

GO018M.jpg

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 11

54 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Generally speaking, Greenskinz don’t usually use “C” for pronunciation, so maybe replace that with another letter.

Warclans may have new members! I doubt IJ will like these new lads!

Swamp maybe not the place for gitmob though, sadly

Time to watch Lotr and Hobbit again ! Visually speaking Hobbit maybe a little bit more modern 

Mate you are getting me too hyped!! I am so excited for this release!!

37 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

and then some Troggors for the heavy hitting win.  LIke some super angry Gundabad and Mordor trolls - all grimdarky AoS style.

Yessssss!! More Troggoths are sorely needed!! Big Armoured Beasts.

6 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

So back in the day, Citadel had a guy called nick Lund working for them. he came up with this lot.  I've always loved the aesthetic, and influenced my artwork greatly.

OR009.jpgOR011.jpgOR014.jpg

and every orc needs a big chariot..

OR007.jpg

and one of these:

GO018M.jpg

NEW MEGA GARGANT KIT CONFIRMED!?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate you are getting me too hyped!! I am so excited for this release!!

Yessssss!! More Troggoths are sorely needed!! Big Armoured Beasts.

NEW MEGA GARGANT KIT CONFIRMED!?

if they are everything I hope they are, I promise you I'll convert a mega gargant to be an AoS mordor orc troggor war giant :D

6 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Going back to Soulblight...

Isn't there a werewolf bloodline as well  did they say?

The one with bestial Radukar?

Radukar is from a Vyrkos Dynasty, a mix between wolfs and vampirs.
I really hope to see vyrkos bloodborn as a completely free unit from CC...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

so grimdark live says the name of the new box is called Dominion. 

the goblinoid army is called the cruel boys/z?

they look like LOTR orcs so all mangled looking and such.

They have a unit called hobgobs who apparently trade to get weapons and armor from Chaos Dwarves!

Warboss is on a weird squig/wolf/bear critter

Shame with a black pot being stirred by a snotling. 

This would fit with the earlier rumours of hobgoblins and some of the unaccounted for rumour engines. But how do they relate to swamps? Or was the army tease just a red herring?

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

and then some Troggors for the heavy hitting win.  LIke some super angry Gundabad and Mordor trolls - all grimdarky AoS style.

Great time to update the fellwater troggs kit. Compared to the newer troggs it looks pretty dated. 

• Like 2

Haven't seen it posted yet, likely as the leaks have been out for a while but here is Ash's review for the new Soulblight book:

Also loving the rumours for the new Destruction Faction. I will likely split the new box and take the SCE as my Destruction faction are Ogres.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

This would fit with the earlier rumours of hobgoblins and some of the unaccounted for rumour engines. But how do they relate to swamps? Or was the army tease just a red herring?

Perhaps these Morruks were shunned by regular Orruk society and retreated to the Swamps which made perfect breeding grounds? 

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Great time to update the fellwater troggs kit. Compared to the newer troggs it looks pretty dated. 

More Troggs!! Fellwater update, Sulphur Breath, Hill Troggoth, Mountain Troggoth, Ice Troggoth gimme gimme!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Grimdark Live guys have come through with what seem like legit rumours but listening to their streams always leaves me grinding my teeth. They're just so determined to hype themselves and be pundit commentators and they're just... not that interesting in their performance or mannerisms to carry it off. They're trying too hard.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I think my perfect version of the new Orruks would be like a mix of Gundabad Orcs / Pale Orcs from Warcraft / Gorgers from Ogre lore.

Imagining a lore intro video like the seen were Smeagol becomes Gollum in LotR, cast out from mainstream Orruk society, cast out in to the low places of the world where they have become this new form of Orruk, a shriveled mockery of their previous form.

Trying not to hype myself too much though, I'll just end up disappointed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

I was really hoping to get a Florida Man army in the starter box, fingered crossed that the rumored “cruel boyz” goblin army is just a bunch of Florida men not wearing shoes and are high on illegal substances. 

Ya know you could just play Lumineth if you wanted that.  Granted there aren't that many shoe-less models in the line, but it isn't zero either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

The Grimdark Live guys have come through with what seem like legit rumours but listening to their streams always leaves me grinding my teeth. They're just so determined to hype themselves and be pundit commentators and they're just... not that interesting in their performance or mannerisms to carry it off. They're trying too hard.

Yeah. I'm glad to hear to the news and they seem fairly earnest but it is a bit difficult to listen to. I think I heard them say the name of their show about 20 times in that 15 minute segment. 

• Like 2

Honestly the Squig/Bear/Wolf sounds VERY similar to the way someone would describe the new Squigs the Beast Snaggas have just had over in 40k?

The 'LOTR'-esque rumours seem funky, especially with 'Chaos Dwarven' armour hobgobs.

I decided to dig back into The Hobbit to find whatever Whitefang keeps shouting about - and there is three distinctly different orc/goblins on show.

Gundabad - tall, skinny, pale, lots of armour, only really appear in Five Armies - how I'm picturing those 'Hobgobs'

The 'Hunter' Orcs - probably closest to a mix of goblin and orc, very skinny, ride wolves, lots of pelts, not so much armour kicking around - sounds like a place for evolution to our favourite Underworlds Gobbos

And Goblintown - very pale very mangly goblins - maybe the 'Snotling' from that Cauldron or the more goblin-esque rumours we've been hearing

Judging by what Whitefang is saying and what we've learned here,

It sounds like we'll have something akin to all three?

Might be a way to make sure they are not just another GG or Warclans faction - having orcs, gobbos and something halfway inbetween - all working together. 

Plus, with the 'yeah AoS is grimdark now', might make sense to give the two least grim factions - the big yellow boys or goblins whose pass time is magic mushrooms - a bit of a 'dark' alternative? 

• Like 1