The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I'm a bit worried they will be just generic orcs, same as we see in pop culture for like 30 last years but still have faith in AoS team that they won't be boring.

Same here, if the releases have told me anything is that even a retreading of familiar ground will get turned up to 11 when AoS is involved.

Personally hoping for a nice, familiar core with a healthy dose of the weird.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Lol cruel boyz, so bad it has to be real. 1980 called

It's the part that makes me doubt everything else. It's such an odd name for an AoS faction. Makes me wonder if this was a placeholder name that someone heard. 

5 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

What if cruel boyz is simply the name of a unit that was described as opposed to the actual faction?

Yes, it could be just the name of a unit : we do have already  ard boys and savage  -boys

Edited by cyrus
Spelling

3 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Cruel Boyz could also be the second name. Like Bonereapers, Gitz, Mawtribes, Warclans, Gravelords, Realmlords, etc. So its the second name and we're missing the first one. [INSERT ADJECTIVE] Cruel Boyz.

It could be the superfluous word in the name, but I think it would be an odd one, because Boyz is already a unit descriptor. Also, making the whole faction explicitly male is sad.

I'd go for a unit name. 

17 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It could be the superfluous word in the name, but I think it would be an odd one, because Boyz is already a unit descriptor. Also, making the whole faction explicitly male is sad.

I'd go for a unit name. 

To be fair, it would be no sadder than "Daughters of khaine" or "Sons of behemat"

19 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

To be fair, it would be no sadder than "Daughters of khaine" or "Sons of behemat"

You are right. Those are also bad names. Cities also has an incorrect "of Sigmar to it, because that isn't true for all of them anymore (and I never liked the dude).

If you're going to use unneccesary words in your faction name, don't limit your design space with those.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

so grimdark live says the name of the new box is called Dominion. 

the goblinoid army is called the cruel boys/z?

they look like LOTR orcs so all mangled looking and such.

They have a unit called hobgobs who apparently trade to get weapons and armor from Chaos Dwarves!

Warboss is on a weird squig/wolf/bear critter

Shame with a black pot being stirred by a snotling. 

This all sounds amazing!! I cannot wait to see this boxed set!!

Cruel Boyz is such a Destruction name I bloody love it!! Though I would not be suprised at all to find out it's a units name within the box. 

I really wanna see this Squig/Wolf/Bear model now as well.

LOTR style Orruks and Grots sounds perfect to me.

6 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

so grimdark live says the name of the new box is called Dominion. 

the goblinoid army is called the cruel boys/z?

they look like LOTR orcs so all mangled looking and such.

They have a unit called hobgobs who apparently trade to get weapons and armor from Chaos Dwarves!

Warboss is on a weird squig/wolf/bear critter

Shame with a black pot being stirred by a snotling. 

There's something off surely, but Dominion sounds ok for the box name.
The name cruel boyz is totally different from most armies even the ones with early name syle like IJ and Fyreslayers.
Also i hope the LOTR look is just a "sort of example" as GW greenskins always had some common identity aesthetic and something like Lotr Orcs would be unfitting imho....but Idoneth were described as Cthulhuesque so i think is sort of the same case of "description ideas".
I really hope Hobgoblin chaos dwarves part is true cause it means they'll pop up more probably,still finally some Hobgoblin arrived in the mortal realms.
The wolf\squig critter is really nice idea but i think it could also be a guess based on the paw rumor engine.
Same for the Snotling with the black pot, seems a really nice piece.
Still idk they don't seems generics but also they don't seems having a theme like every aos faction has...
I'll probably get this box, the stormcasts seems nice and i like greenskins.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
Typos
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You are right. Those are also bad names. Cities also has an incorrect "of Sigmar to it, because that isn't true for all of them anymore (and I never liked the dude).

If you're going to use unneccesary words in your faction name, don't limit your design space with those.

My point was that GW aren't afraid of overt gender specification in faction names .... But...

I agree with you completely to be fair

Edited by CarkFish
  • Like 1

If the rumors are true it does sound like this army is like the Spiritual successor to the discontinued Greenskinz/ Gitmob line of the old Orc and Goblin army range but really AoSifed and turn up to eleven to be very unique and new. that why the units are all describe as either hobgoblin size or lanky Orcs because they wanted make a new Variant of Greenskinz for AoS.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

If the rumors are true it does sound like this army is like the Spiritual successor to the discontinued Greenskinz/ Gitmob line of the old Orc and Goblin army range but really AoSifed and turn up to eleven to be very unique and new. that why the units are all describe as either hobgoblin size or lanky Orcs because they wanted make a new Variant of Greenskinz for AoS.

I'm still hoping they're not actually "greenskins" .... I love em, I play em .... But we have enough of them ... Please something new not just regurgitated 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, novakai said:

I hope you are right!

And being in a Starter set seems to fit nice for an army that wants a big roster with a lot of diferent and weird units.

2 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

I'm still hoping they're not actually "greenskins" .... I love em, I play em .... But we have enough of them ... Please something new not just regurgitated 

As a Chaos Dwarf fan, I disagree :D. I want more than anything for the "hobgobs" unit to be real. We haven't had models since 5th edition and they're insanely expensive now to get even one. If these even remotely look like hobgoblins and only carry the spirit of them, that's fine, I'll take them even if we have to have them shoved into another army to get them lol.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, FFJump said:

As a Chaos Dwarf fan, I disagree :D. I want more than anything for the "hobgobs" unit to be real. We haven't had models since 5th edition and they're insanely expensive now to get even one. If these even remotely look like hobgoblins and only carry the spirit of them, that's fine, I'll take them even if we have to have them shoved into another army to get them lol.

I'm with you on the chaos dwarves! .... I really am! ... I just don't want another small segregated greenskin force .... I'm just hoping they're "different enough" you know ? 😕

• Like 2