The Rumour Thread

I though that it was a bit weirdthat they used Swamp/ Bog/ Fenn as the setting for the new army since i though Gloomspite encompasses that area (Dank caves ,and Swamps) but it feel like they are hinting at something totally new and different 

• Like 1

A pretty small detail on the Thunderstrike armour that I like and helps sell the fantasy aspect even more is that a lot of the armour plating is held on with straps and belts, whereas previous SCE armour had solid continuous pieces that make it look more like power armour

3.2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Really... "the Maker God has been busy .." should have led to.."making new duardin stuff.." but no.. helping out Sigmar again... 🙄 poor lad can needs all the help he can get, thats whay the new stormcast look so good..😁

who says the Maker God can only do one thing at once ;) I imagine the duardin are busy... seems like Excelsis is a known target for Gordrakk, and Be'Lakor's new Chaos wave means the other Order Gods will start moving to counteract this too

Green Skin ?? Swamp ???

OMG Shrek will be in AOS, get out of his swamp !

More seriously, with the squirel beast on the base of the stormcast and the rumor engine, i think we will have a lot of beast for destruction. They will look fine with Kragnos

Edited by Elbaf
I've been Shreked, too late
  • Like 2

The new Stormcasts were bitterly needed & I for one am super glad they're coming and looking like they do.

The whole range - while it had its highlights - looks terribly dated. The new ones on the other hand range from solid to astonishing. More heads without helmets and they'll be really cool.

Personally I'm a tad mad they didn't at least show something (meaningful) of the destruction faction. I know it'll probably be shown in one of those upcoming may previews, but still.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

no way is it Fimir because a) Fimir look a bit bland and b) have a history of really terrible lore and c) aren't brand new and d) aren't gobbos

What if they’re not fimir but “Mystborn Phymyre kin?”

would that work?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The more slender armour for Stormies makes me wonder if we'll see another Vanguard wave. It's going to be a little odd seeing the scouts/assassins/raiders in heavier armour than the line infantry.

i actually looked at the hunters i have, their armor is slimmer than liberators but the shoulderpads are def too large so they may end up looking wider than the vindictors anyway

27 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

The new Stormcasts were bitterly needed & I for one am super glad they're coming and looking like they do.

The whole range - while it had its highlights - looks terribly dated. The new ones on the other hand range from solid to astonishing. More heads without helmets and they'll be really cool.

There are a lot of factions that need updating more than SCE, but I guess the real lesson is always play the posterboys if you want nice things from GW. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vaporlocke said:

There are a lot of factions that need updating more than SCE, but I guess the real lesson is always play the posterboys if you want nice things from GW. 

you do know this is the first new stuff SCE got in 3 years right? idk about you but i saw a whole bunch of nice things revealed in these past 3 years that had zero to do with SCE

• Like 4

I love the design of the new SCE armor, looks very ornate and medieval; the original stormcasts were too “bland” for my tastes and never really caught my attention. 

AoS has had a skew of releases that have been more original then traditional, even though they may be inspired from traditional motifs, such as the OBR and Lumanith. I have a feeling that this new, hinted release is going to be something that is original in concept but inspired from existing fantasy themes. 

My guess? Judging from what’s being passed along in the rumor mill, it’s going to be a new variant of greenskins that we haven’t seen before; something similar to a Hobgoblin but also very different. It’s probably going to be a larger, deadlier subspecies of green skin (somewhere between Orruks and the traditional grots we’re familiar with) that has a recurring motif with swamps/marshes. 

Whatever the case may be, If the swamp theme is consistent within the army, then look forward to the Shrek conversation opportunities. It’s going to be easy converting some Ogors into renditions of Shrek, and taking them as an ally attachment. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 2

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

you do know this is the first new stuff SCE got in 3 years right? idk about you but i saw a whole bunch of nice things revealed in these past 3 years that had zero to do with SCE

SCE do not need updated models when they have the largest range and one of the newest ranges in general.

3 years is not a long period of time for an army to go without new models.

Also, they got a new hero only a few weeks ago so IDK what you mean by 3 years.

SCE are very much the AoS version of marines. Every starter box includes them, they get the most new models, the most frequent model refreshes and overall the most battle tomes of any army.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

You do know there are armies that are still majority Finecast and some that still have key models in metal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

If only the abductors in the story where beastmen that brought sacrifices to a gigantic shoggoth-like chaos spawn deep in the swamps, or for a vile ritual to summon Morghur himself. But the most beastman looking model in years (Kragnos) turned out to be a destruction god, so enough daydreaming on my side 😅

I feel like the introduction of Slaangors, a preview for Thousand sons featuring a Tzaangor, and the likely-hood of Khornegors and Pestigors prove that GW is still fully committed to BoC. Furthermore, with the setting focusing on Ghur and Kurnothi somewhere on the horizon I think that Beasts of Chaos will be a major player in this new edition. If anything I think each Grand Alliance seems to be getting their bestial equivalent. I can imagine an ongoing narrative or campaign of sorts featuring Kurnothi, Radukar, Kragnos and a return of Morghur. Skaven will feature but I think that they tend to work best gnawing at the centres of civilization. 

I can see Archaon and Be'Lakor taking something of a backseat for awhile and letting their atavistic allies take centre stage. Archaon is busy spinning plates and Be'Lakor can now rest on the laurels of his massive victory. Although the Chaos gods will want in on the action because they are glory hogs. I also think that the Siege of Azyr will be a massive narrative event forcing Sigmar and the Stormcast into action. The Aelves will be a little quite except for their more wild kindred. Nagash is going to be licking his wounds. I also think the Duardin will feature very heavily in that side of the narrative. In other words it seems to be a good time to be Green or Furry.

In short I will hand the mic over to my old pal Gothmog:

Edited by Neverchosen