The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I get that but... in a month? Preventing the reforging process was already around through Archaon's varanite anvils and Nagash's soul stealers rightful reclaimers, and had was already growing as a thing of existential dread and horror for the Stormcast, in interesting ways. BR: Be'Lakor brought in that on a larger scale but then it's clearly been dropped quickly. Feels like wasted potential.

I don't think it's particularly likely in this case, particularly as there already are non-chaos greenskins with multiple eyes like the spiderfang shaman, but the orkoids' shtick has been that they're resistant and less-than-ideal subjects of chaos corruption (they just don't care usually), not that they're completely immune.

From 40k, only a few editions ago:

Mutant ork | Warhammer, Warhammer fantasy, Warhammer 40k

the IRL timeline for this is all really bad, I agree. hasn't been much time to let Broken Realms' plot settle and that really sucks :(

never seen a corrupted ork before holy cow! makes complete sense that Nurgle would be able to corrupt 'em

5 minutes ago, pitzok said:

except the fimir bay is in ghyran,,,

Doesn't matter, they're still mentionned in AoS. People expecting skavens, goblins or orcs in this new "breed of evil" are gonna be disappointed, I'm telling you. ;)

Mainly because skavens, goblins or orcs aren't new at all. :P And for those saying "but fimirs aren't new as well !" : in AoS, as a new battletome, they totally are.

Edited by Sarouan

2 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Doesn't matter, they're still mentionned in AoS. People expecting goblins or orcs in this new "breed of evil" are gonna be disappointed, I'm telling you. ;)

well as a gloomspite player i'm hoping for some gobbos too but i wouldn't be disappointed if it were fimir because as long as they're destruction i'll be satisfied with the release

7 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

@Nos I get how GW works, and what Covid's done to the release schedule (though even then we'd still only be talking about a few months rather than a month, I just wish they'd done it with a fraction more deftness.

Vanguard made sense in a post-reclamation world and didn't step that much on OG stormcast's toes. Sacrosanct made sense in the context of the Soul Wars and the problems of reforging, and only stepped on warrior chambers' toes a little. These new dudes, they just do the same thing as liberators/paladins/etc, only better and with slicker minis. There's no real differentiation and the justification of thunderstrike armour is more obviously a figleaf.

I agree - I think the new Stormcast look fantastic and a considerable improvement on AoS 1 Stormcast. On the other hand, the lore does sound like "old Stormcast but better in every way" which I'm not a fan of.

Models come before lore, but I feel sorry for the old Stormcast who aren't Sigmar's favourite anymore 😛

• Like 4

Honestly, I'm all hyped for fimirs for Destruction. They need to expand the Grand Alliance with more armies than mere orcs and goblins. Kragnos is already showing it's not just about Gorkamorka and greenskins as "goblins and orcs" like you would expect.

It would be good to have fimirs joining them.

• Like 2

Just now, OkayestDM said:

Or a Stormcast mount?

Idk Whitefang liked the post so that's good enough for me.

This doesnt look like a particularly goblinoid or orcy foot though, so maybe this is the wolf mount for the hobgoblins that were rumored. 

• Like 1

Just because they're swamp-based doesn't mean its fimir nor does it exclude a greenskin race in general. Recall that the Old World had Boglars or swamp goblins, greenskins that lived in swamps alongside fimir. Plus this is AoS, so far the new races that are similar to Old World races have been re-interpreted.

Whitefang's been right so far, as well as the other rumors. It's more than likely a new greenskinz race. The "leaner orruks". I said it before and I'll say it again, "Bretonnian" stormcast and "hobgoblins" are just terms from whoever saw them used as a general descriptor to get the point across. It's not literally that. If you saw a new race that had one or two visual cues similar to an older race, then yeah, you'd probably first describe them as "oh they look like x race". Remember, Idoneth were described as "Cthulhu elves" and Bonereapers as "Tomb Kings" in rumors too. When revealed, they didn't turn out to be at all as those names would imply, but if you saw that elf with the octopus around his head or that bonereaper cavalry and didn't have a clue as to what they really were, yeah, you'd call them "Cthulhu elves" and "Tomb Kings".

I love fimir and if they got a re-release I'd start an army day one, but I don't think its them at all nor spiderfang. Pretty sure its the new greenskins race. These supposed "hobgoblins" probably have some of those mongolian style hats or look lanky, so the first thing the person who saw them thought of was "Oh they're hobgoblins".

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I get that but... in a month? Preventing the reforging process was already around through Archaon's varanite anvils and Nagash's soul stealers rightful reclaimers, and had was already growing as a thing of existential dread and horror for the Stormcast, in interesting ways. BR: Be'Lakor brought in that on a larger scale but then it's clearly been dropped quickly. Feels like wasted potential.

I don't think it's particularly likely in this case, particularly as there already are non-chaos greenskins with multiple eyes like the spiderfang shaman, but the orkoids' shtick has been that they're resistant and less-than-ideal subjects of chaos corruption (they just don't care usually), not that they're completely immune.

From 40k, only a few editions ago:

Mutant ork | Warhammer, Warhammer fantasy, Warhammer 40k

There also used to be Khorne worshipping stormboyz

khirne stormboyz.jpg

orkfreebooterz.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

@Nos I get how GW works, and what Covid's done to the release schedule (though even then we'd still only be talking about a few months rather than a month, I just wish they'd done it with a fraction more deftness.

Vanguard made sense in a post-reclamation world and didn't step that much on OG stormcast's toes. Sacrosanct made sense in the context of the Soul Wars and the problems of reforging, and only stepped on warrior chambers' toes a little. These new dudes, they just do the same thing as liberators/paladins/etc, only better and with slicker minis. There's no real differentiation and the justification of thunderstrike armour is more obviously a figleaf.

You're right in that it's pretty egregious. Wouldnt surprise me if there was some lore intended to at least half heartedly explain it that has been jettisoned in the push to get to AOS 3 as close to schedule as possible.

Not disapointed by the reveal. Not being a stormcast player, and probably never will be, but the new models look really cool.

Most exited about what is hinted at for the rising enemy. Whatever it is, any swamp themed army sounds really cool to me, either greenskin, or anthing else like Firmir.  from rumors, and whitefang, I think some new greenskin faction is most likely, but living in the Mire...sounds good :)

23 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Doesn't matter, they're still mentionned in AoS. People expecting skavens, goblins or orcs in this new "breed of evil" are gonna be disappointed, I'm telling you. ;)

Mainly because skavens, goblins or orcs aren't new at all. :P And for those saying "but fimirs aren't new as well !" : in AoS, as a new battletome, they totally are.

Whitefang already directed us the enemy has two eyes, we know it’s not fimir, as cool as that would be! But shadow elves first please ;) but I think it’s gobbos/small orks

23 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

I hope its a mix of fimir, hob goblins and other stuff, I would be fine if destruction had a bunch of wackier mixes of units, will make Kragnos feel like he fits better amongs a mob of random monsters vs just orks (for most part)

Yeah think this as well. 

I think destruction racial soup culture armies in a similar vain to gloomspite wil be most likely.

People clamouring for a spiderfang or fimir tome are going to be disappointed sadly. Although I can definitely see a new faction that includes fimir/fomoroids, hobgoblins, gitmob etc under a kragnos cult banner or something else. Very excited for destruction getting some love!

2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I cant believe Be'lakor finally crawled out of the shadows and did something cool in the Broken Realms book, only to have it all be in vain. Really GW? :(

billede.png.99ae0209df93938d23a2ab3a1fb4f108.png

Belakor effectively killed all the old Stormcast 

Im sure this new Thunderstrike armor is more difficult to craft or something along those lines

THOSE REVEALS.

Those are the best looking Stormcast yet and that character is a literal work of art!! 

3rd getting announced was already enough for me but the Beast Rises!?!? Destruction is in for one hell of an edition with at least a new Faction and possibly all other Factions getting updates!!

On topic of the red eyes in the mists, @Whitefang has dispelled the possibility of Fimir and I for one am kind of glad it wont be them, I was never really a fan of them or their aesthetics.

Monsters are stirring? What is Destruction if not an Alliance of monsters? And their heavy hitters? MEGA GARGANTS!! 

I am just so damn pleased with this today. I cannot wait for it. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

11 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I cant believe Be'lakor finally crawled out of the shadows and did something cool in the Broken Realms book, only to have it all be in vain. Really GW? :(

billede.png.99ae0209df93938d23a2ab3a1fb4f108.png

This give me chills from the amount of primaris vibes I’m receiving... I must be of the very few that prefers the old bulky stormcast to these... they look so flimsy that I don’t have the impression that a person can actually fit in that armour

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Belakor effectively killed all the old Stormcast 

Im sure this new Thunderstrike armor is more difficult to craft or something along those lines

It still feels a bit weak, but I guess it is a good compromise? Im sure Stormcast fans werent too happy about reading it at first. This feels like both sides lost and gained some.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I’d be happy with Fimir too, but the art really doesn’t seem Fimir-like

232270AB-7361-40AC-8111-D654650370F6.jpeg

Where artwork comes from by the way ? I can not find it on WarCom...

It smells old school greenskinz