The Rumour Thread

Overall Thoughts:
 I apologize in advance for my general excitement and positivity. I am so happy and excited about this reveal! It has been a rough week and this is what I needed to see. I have been a touch let down by much of the rest of the festival’s reveals but this was great! I am deflated we didn’t get a direct reveal of the rival faction but I feel it is a spoiler for Broken Realms but it is obviously going to be halflings.

Prologue:
Fairly long preamble again but a very nice tribute to Richard Halliwell.
The announcements about events feel far away as my area is still fairly deep in lock down so not likely to see anything in my area.

Big Reveal 3.0:
I am likely going to jump on board with the starter set this time around. I am always wary of having the same bog standard armies as everyone else though… so I will likely only take half.

Yndrasta: is exactly what I wanted the SCE to be what a lovely model! I have always been raised in an extremely secular household but I have always loved the kind of Renaissance depictions of angels and this is exactly what I want to face off against my Chaos! Also goodbye tactical rock, hello tactical stairs! If I do not pick up Stormcast I will convert her into a DP for sure!

The new Vindicator SCE: Beautiful models, although I think that I am still a fan of the Sacrosanct Tabards. I might learn to kit bash as I prefer these models weapons and particularly those awesome shields! I do love knights and it is why I play Chaos mortals! I am too lazy and I think these models edge out the Sacrosanct. The black and gold looks classy!

The Annihilator:   Paladins continue to be least favourite models in the line but with the right rules and lore I would run this fella. Again the shield is a feeling point. I do like heavy armoured units…

Lore/rules: I have always had a tenuous relationship to lore as I am a big fan of developing my own lore and narrative but I also like it to reflect the story in a way to integrate into other’s narratives and the main story of the game. But I am really excited to hear the developments here more Destruction and more Duardin which I have been shouting throughout the whole later portion of 2.0 would be a focus of 3.0! I feel somewhat vindicated (pun intended) in this…
Double turn and command point rules will be cool and addressing of battalions sound great. I have faith that this will be good and it lines up with the rumours but are being addressed a little more clearly. Yndrasta/Rule book art is fantastic and captures the exact feel I have imagined for Warhammer since I was 16 years old. Maps, I like making maps for my own campaigns but this is still exciting!!!

Ending video:
Cool and exciting an emphasis on what looked like freeguild/normal humans surrounded by a new mysterious threat… Halflings have returned!

In Summary:
This was a fantastic reveal that did not disappoint. The new models are fantastic and the lore and rules sound exciting. It will be a hard wait and I thinking I need to develop a SCE paint scheme… I have always liked Dr Doom’s colours but they work best on Sequitors. I haven’t looked at the response so far so I hope that others are as excited. 
Maybe I should grab Soul Wars in the meantime to start out a SCE army and get some nighthaunt in the process? 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

That was a reasonably solid preview, I think.

• Firm confirmation that yes, it's third edition.
  • New Stormcast special character and two new units showed off, along with some of the lore justification thereof.
  • Bit of discussion about some of the thematics about the new edition.
  • Implied confirmation about some of the rumours we've heard re double turn, CPs, and battalions.
  • Teaser about an antagonist faction that really doesn't match up with any of the rumours we've heard so far.

I'm fairly happy with that, though obviously I'd have liked to hear more about the new faction/s.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

No Destruction reveals?

yeah as a Stormcast fan since I got back to the hobby, I'm disappointed that they showed a map of Ghur but didn't reveal even one model from the other half of the 3.0 box :/

overall GOOD reveals for AOS, but really weird decisions on how everything was revealed.

2 minutes ago, Rummybum said:

We don't know what the big guys in the bogs are, but we do know there's some creepy demon squirrels

3.0.PNG

Wait! 

Is this edition of Warhammer going to be a large scale version of Critters and Keys! The legends were true and the prophecy fulfilled?

I am actually feeling a Beasts of Chaos vibe off of that video and this squirrel tbh. Maybe Kragnos will resurrect his people?

Edited by Neverchosen

Doubt it's Fimir, they're not really "a new breed of evil" and while there were some lone eyes there were also quite a few that seemed to come in pairs. The leaner stormcast kinda fit the description we were given (not really "Bretonnian" per se but definitely a bit closer to more traditional knights) so I'm expecting the new greenskins.

• Thanks 1

GW: Age of Sigmar 3.0 is coming.  It’s going to focus on the forces of Order’s efforts to push back against the terrible Chaos that is everywhere in the realms.  We just released a giant Centaur god model and the epicenter of this edition will be Ghur the realm of Beasts.  

BoC players: Yes finally. We will roll across the realms.  Bring on the Beasts of Chaos.

GW: Wait Who?  Why would you think BoC? This is clearly for the green skins.

BoC: Sigh.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Please just read on, I'm just another guy saying he's MASSIVELY EXCITED. Spear and shield has always been one of my favourite weapon choices esthetically, so I'm happy the  new stormcast get it. 

Also, I know many people would love Fimir, but I kinda doubt it. There is no reason GW couldn't just invent a new swamp race, which is additionally hinted by the 'new breed of evil' thing. Also, weren't fimir big, almost troll sized? That wouldn't really fit a stalking race that picks off soldiers one by one? Either way, be they fimir or new race, I'm excited for them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1