The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

As far as I can tell, those points and warscrolls are straight out of the Cursed City box. Meaning you need to take all the Death heroes, Vargskyr, Nightguard and Bloodborn together as a package for 680.

I believe what we are seeing is that all Cursed City models with the Soulblight keyword are auto-categorized into a new allegiance on Azyr, which is likely supposed to fully come online after the battletome releases.

Correct. On the WH AoS app, the Soulblight section has been there for over a week now with the Cursed City models. Them being usable in Gravelords should not come as a surprise to anyone IMO.

6 hours ago, KratosvonCarstein said:

Don't know if this has been posted before but Grimdark Live seem extremely sure of an Indomitus styled box in June for AoS 3.0 and Hobgoblins are part of this box as a new destruction faction:

Hobgoblins probably won't be returning, they were notoriously unpopular even back in fantasy, they're not like high elves or even tomb kings where a bunch of people are clamoring for them. Even in fantasy the "plains" goblins (wolfriders that would become gitmob in aos) took their aesthetic but shifted it to goblins.

5 hours ago, Jator said:

Sadly, no. Truth is, regular goblins and hobgoblins kinda overlap, the latter double down in the mongolian themes, but both were wolfriders of the steppes and treacherous. Goblins even got nasty Skulkers, that looked a lot like Sneaky Gitz, the only special thing Hobs had.

So I think Rippa's Snarlfangs where the nail inthe coffin for Hobgoblins, at least as we know them. These "hobgoblin-looking" army is most likely Gitmob grots.

100% agree. A gitmob snarlfang rider also made an appearance in the skragrott broken realms story, so we know they're already traveling with gordrakk.

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I do like that they bring back the style of gitmob grots. But wont it make them look like they are from the same region as the rumoured Kislev old world army? They also got something like a mongolian theme right? Could this be on purpose? I'm not strong in lore-fu i'm sorry haha.

In current aos lore Gitmob hail from Hysh and worship the light, something about seeing gorkamorka in the light of hysh. Gitmob tend to prefer plains and steppes but Kislev is basically wfb's version of russia and are from essentially a tundra.

• Like 1

It would be nice to see the whole “gotta go fast” side of greenskins appear in AoS. Gobbos with red warpaint, speeding along on snarlfangs and rickety wheeled contraptions, worshipping the Evil Sun as the polar opposite of the Bad Moon, this is a solid grounding for a cavalry-centric army.

As a side note WHC did note that Rippa and his mates are notably leaner and more muscly than their Moonclan/Spiderfang kin, so with the caveat that all this is speculation maybe that’s a way of splitting the difference between old hobgoblins and old common goblins? And distinguishing them from existing grots.

EDIT: oh man @Whitefang I don’t like the look of that crying emoji 

Edited by sandlemad
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Jator said:

If we get a Warhammized version of Shadow of War uruks I [something funny about recklessly spending large quantities of money].
  That's how bad it is, I don't even know how to express it .

An Age of Sigmar version of Shadow of War is dream material and now its added to my wishlist.

8 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

It would be nice to see the whole “gotta go fast” side of greenskins appear in AoS. Gobbos with red warpaint, speeding along on snarlfangs and rickety wheeled contraptions, worshipping the Evil Sun as the polar opposite of the Bad Moon, this is a solid grounding for a cavalry-centric army.

As a side note WHC did note that Rippa and his mates are notably leaner and more muscly than their Moonclan/Spiderfang kin, so with the caveat that all this is speculation maybe that’s a way of splitting the difference between old hobgoblins and old common goblins? And distinguishing them from existing grots.

So in size we would have Gnoblars, Moonclan/Spiderfang and Gitmob. I'd enjoy more Greenskins I wont lie.

1 minute ago, Feii said:

Kinda sad to see people wish for a new destruction faction to be just another green men. Cmon you can have Centaur/Bear beasts with some interesting now gone culture and you wish for gnoblars? 

I want as much diversity in Destruction as possible, I want an anthropomorphic animal Faction as the next for Destruction however I could see people making the claim that should be for BOC or Kurnothi. Silent People would make for a great Faction as well.

There is such a love for WHFB that I can see why they would introduce an AOS version of standard Goblins, especially if they did to Gitmob what they did with the Lumineth and make them insane.

Give us a Wolf Chariot that's more of a Huskie Sled with 8 massive wolves pulling it.

• LOVE IT! 1

If you read the narrative text of the Underworlds cards when they talk about the Gitmob, it's clearly a mix about Goblins and Hobgoblins, with examples like: "You can tell a veteran of the Gitmobs from the scars between his shoulder blades".

The lore wrote in a bunch of cards is too extensive to be only a joke or a small reference.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I've been wondering about this image, is it Soulblight? Cursed City expansion? 

2021-01-19.jpg

Definitely looks good a gothic enough to be a CC expansion, whether they still plan to do them is a different case entirely! But a model for soul blight seems super realistic, maybe a hero given it has basing material! 

20 minutes ago, Feii said:

Kinda sad to see people wish for a new destruction faction to be just another green men. Cmon you can have Centaur/Bear beasts with some interesting now gone culture and you wish for gnoblars? 

I agree, nowt everything in destruction has to be greenskinz and giants of different heights (ogors/trolls/gargants) Personally I'd like to see a destruction faction with humans in it. Perhaps some sort of tribal or nomadic culture. A human/lycanthrope faction perhaps, with werewolves, beastmen, centaurs and other such creatures might work. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gothmaug said:

I agree, nowt everything in destruction has to be greenskinz and giants of different heights (ogors/trolls/gargants) Personally I'd like to see a destruction faction with humans in it. Perhaps some sort of tribal or nomadic culture. A human/lycanthrope faction perhaps, with werewolves, beastmen, centaurs and other such creatures might work. 

There is also more than one layer to your gitz for example they are pure nightmare fuel in the books/lore but a comic relief on the table. I wish there were more layers how to enjoy a destruction faction (Ogors are nice, heywoah really sold me on those)

Something like the definitely other Silent People or something with a goal different than smash everything would be nice. (like smashing is the means but not the goal)

7 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Nomadic Human tribes would be fantastic. Sort of like the Haradrim from LOTR.

31 minutes ago, Feii said:

Tbh I find most implementations of animal men/centaurs/etc - WoW worgen, Garou from WoD, the Circle Orboros from Hordes, etc - to be boring and actively edging into the cringey when they pull on an imaginary nature-loving ‘Celtic’ set of tropes, so YMMV on what’s interesting.

It’ll depend on the execution ultimately, as these things usually do.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Definitely looks good a gothic enough to be a CC expansion, whether they still plan to do them is a different case entirely! But a model for soul blight seems super realistic, maybe a hero given it has basing material! 

Possibly a multi part kit for the vyrkos blood borne?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I always thought that a non-Chaos Untamed Beasts or Corvus Cabal would make a good destruction faction; barbarian types tearing down settlements and living from the land.

99120201084_WCCorvusCabal06AOS.jpg.cceb639e8fcc1cec0e9712dda7754a61.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-21-16-18-25-246_com.android.chrome.jpg.584408548da170de443db74e892ab246.jpg

Edited by MarkK
Added Pictures
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Possibly a multi part kit for the vyrkos blood borne?

Definitely possible, but given stores statements of them being possibly released in separate formats could be something else It could of been an expansion for a werewolf esque vampire, given how cc plays! Or a more animalistic hero, maybe a bestial mortarch, maybe it’s just a elite unit for some completely unrelated army like the supposed Gits, and I’m just fan boying 😂😂😂

I dunno! I always felt that the human representation of destruction was Ogres. With them being human adjacent, and sharing that tribal society that would be human barbarians... but only surviving in destruction because they're large and strong enough to batter back the other factions on their claim.

I think Human destruction is a bit too close to human chaos. As you can build and make that human faction from a chaos warband, with their own culture and values, but have their worship of the chaos gods be esoteric. Not every chaos army needs to be blazing runes of Khorne, or hoisting banners of Slaneesh. I think it can be more nuanced then that.

At least, that's how I always envisioned building a chaos army narrative myself.

A knight stormcast box, fighting hobgoblin raiders would be a hard box set for me to pass up. Even just to build small 500 or 1000 point warbands for my collection.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

46 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I've been wondering about this image, is it Soulblight? Cursed City expansion? 

2021-01-19.jpg

I get Seraphon vibes from that leg. If anything the arch and vines/hanging moss reminds me of Jungle ruins. 

i don’t think it fits the Saurus or skinks, but this is AoS so That’s not a concrete concept to go by. That or it’s a vampire. 

I'm curious as to exactly how "Bretonian Stormcast" would translate into models.

I'm disinclined to believe that it's Order of Azyr units, because then they would have simply called them Bretonians, no Stormcast added.

SC already have a large cavalry selection (Dracothian Guard, Gryph-Chargers, Celestial Dracolines), so what would this add?

Aside from just "more unique mounts," flying cavalry might be the direction they go. Perhaps, like Extremis chamber, this release will feature fewer models built along a tighter theme?

There's an unsolved rumor engine featuring what looked like Stormcast arrows. We all know that cavalry archers have been an addition to several armies recently, perhaps the stormy boys will be getting some as well?

As for aesthetic changes, heraldry seems a popular theory. Perhaps more use of tabards (similar to Sacrosanct), even more elaborate shields, and things like chain or scale mail.

If we do get an infantry option, perhaps we'll see some proper Stormcast spearmen?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Feii said:

Beasts of chaos exist, with centigor (which desperately need an update), and kurnothi will presumably have more centaur creatures if the warband is anything to go by. By a lore standpoint not all beastmen are goats either (even though that's what all the models are) they have all sorts of animals mixed in. They aren't destruction but it's not like it's unexplored territory.

There's nostalgia for gitmob as well, and they've been popping up even after their models were removed and their scrolls moved to legends.

When we eventually get the Insectoid Silent People they'll probably be destruction though.

31 minutes ago, Feii said:

There is also more than one layer to your gitz for example they are pure nightmare fuel in the books/lore but a comic relief on the table. I wish there were more layers how to enjoy a destruction faction (Ogors are nice, heywoah really sold me on those)

Something like the definitely other Silent People or something with a goal different than smash everything would be nice. (like smashing is the means but not the goal)

Historically the standard goblins (gitmob) were more cunning than brutal, and destruction definitely needs something that is more "kunnin but brutal" (mork) and less "brutal but kunnin" (gork). Gitz don't really fit that properly as they're pure insanity rather than cunning. 
On the table I imagine it would involve stuff like bonuses to hit already wounded targets, or flanking bonuses with paper thin defenses, so they would play more like new slaanesh or Hurikan and less like Khorne or Ironjawz.

Also I know destruction factions get flak for not having interesting motivations, but they're often portrayed more like a force of nature, tearing through the realms like a natural disaster. Their motivations are primal, Ogors are like a hungry swarm of locusts devouring everything in their path, Mega Gargants are just massive and their size kind of necessitates destruction, Orruks (and grots) literally reproduce through combat, their desire for battle isn't just "for fun" it's also their biological drive to reproduce. Orruk culture is built entirely around reproduction, but they reproduce in a much different way than the other races of the mortal realms.

4 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I'm curious as to exactly how "Bretonian Stormcast" would translate into models.

Maybe they tone it down a step instead of up a step, and we get stormcast riding (large) horses, and maybe pegasus as well?

• Like 1