The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is Ork or Destruction... The spikes are so weird to be chaotic or death.

I think it is a tail.

I am inclined to believe it will be a new Ork model as the army has just been announced. The new promoted squig faction also seems to be pretty low tech so a stabbing weapon makes sense. Or a bladed tail on a squiggly beast.
RYM7hNcBNGhu01we.jpg
As for it being a tail, it really reminds me of Be'Lakor's tail so I am kind of low-key hoping it is an undivided demon or updated Demon Prince. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

I am not betting on tail, looks more like wood on the right.

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

So the new warcom article lists Qulathis as a "large" size, and we know from previews that she's about the same size as the other humans... Critters n Keys confirmed? Bit weird to have regular humanoids as "large", when there's ogors and the new varghulf monster coming. This implies at least some amount of "medium" and "small" enemies that aren't zombies and skeletons IMO.

In BSF the naming was already Small/Large/Huge.

The difference in BSF, the heroes and mob had different rules (mob had size, heroes were 2 on a tile except for the ratlings). Looks like they are streamlining the rules so it the same for heroes and mob. Maybe even have heroes and mobs on the same tile.

Edited by ian0delond
  • Thanks 1

It's kind of an interesting one, to my eye the pointy but doesn't really fit to any faction at a glance, it's also a little odd that the blade part is quite neat and clean, whilst the collar bit is rough and chipped.  If it's for AoS I'd guess Skaven, though I could also see a new warcry band perhaps?  They tend to have unique weapon styles.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Not mine:

image0.png

One thing I love/think is really interesting about the new Vamps is that they're representative of sort of 4 folklore Vampiric (as in blood sucking) concepts

Wolf

Rat

Bat

Insect

But what's really interesting to me with that is that it's a form of cross pollination which typically GW have steered clear of. 

Especially with the bat and insect aspects, outside of swarms they very much tend to be a sort of "stay in your lane" archetype, so you hardly ever see a significant rat or insect focus outside of Skaven and Nurgle.

Suggests an increasing  confidence in AOS that they're willing to go with concepts over IP focus I think. Like clearly with Death Rattle the focus was interpretation of multiple Vampire forms and fiction, not just a more dynamic Vampire Counts upgrade. Let's make the best Vampire faction, not just a Warhammerish one. 

• Like 4

Some more Lumineth Rules:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/23/find-out-what-makes-the-hurakan-faster-than-a-speeding-arrow/

uDdgeH1YhsseRx7i.jpg

I feel like the Move like the Wind rule will have some really fun shenanigans. It also mentions Windchargers are a close range archery unit which means I doubt they will see as much play as the Sentinels. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/23/find-out-what-makes-the-hurakan-faster-than-a-speeding-arrow/

I feel like the Move like the Wind rule will have some really fun shenanigans. It also mentions Windchargers are a close range archery unit which means I doubt they will see as much play as the Sentinels. 

'Move like the Wind' feels like one of those things they really haven't thought through, only thing that is tempering this for me atm is it seems the Hurakan models appear to be ranged focused.

• Like 1

They really seem determined to make Lumineth the NPE army. Being able to fall back out of combat with your ranged units before your opponent can attack, thereby making them not even eligible to activate - not even as a command ability or relic or something, but just a base ability - is going to cause a lot of frustration, especially combined with the double activations the faction already gets. I'm not sure it's actually overpowered, but I'm really not sure what LRL needed was another way to troll the opponent by making them unable to do anything to you. Edit: though as the personal below pointed out, if you charge you can activate even if there's nothing within 3", so it won't apply to a unit that's charged them this turn, which mitigates a fair amount of the NPE potential. 

A pile-in that doesn't have to be towards the nearest enemy and that can actually take you out of combat is an extraordinarily powerful thing. I am not convinced they have really thought through the consequences of it. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yukishiro1 said:

Being able to fall back out of combat with your ranged units before your opponent can attack, thereby making them not even eligible to activate - not even as a command ability or relic or something, but just a base ability - is going to cause a lot of frustration, especially combined with the double activations the faction already gets. Basically you can only fight one hurakan unit per round unless you can make them fight last, the rest'll just run away. I'm not sure it's actually overpowered, but I'm really not sure what LRL needed was another way to troll the opponent by making them unable to do anything to you. 

You won't be able to fall back out of combat if they charged you. You could mitigate the number of models that get to attack, but with only a 3" move away they can still just pile into you when they activate.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Nos said:

One thing I love/think is really interesting about the new Vamps is that they're representative of sort of 4 folklore Vampiric (as in blood sucking) concepts

Wolf

Rat

Bat

Insect

It's interesting that you mention insects, because I also caught that hint of a theme in the preview of Lady Annika yesterday but don't know what to make of it. She does not seem to have any insectile traits herself and for the moment there are no insect-themed units in all of GA: Death. I am curious to see if that will actually go anywhere.

22 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Seems like they will have access to the same 2.9" pile in shenannigans that Slaanesh have. That will make it super frustrating to play against people who know how to use this ability.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

They really seem determined to make Lumineth the NPE army. Being able to fall back out of combat with your ranged units before your opponent can attack, thereby making them not even eligible to activate - not even as a command ability or relic or something, but just a base ability - is going to cause a lot of frustration, especially combined with the double activations the faction already gets. Basically you can only fight one hurakan unit per round unless you can make them fight last, the rest'll just run away. I'm not sure it's actually overpowered, but I'm really not sure what LRL needed was another way to troll the opponent by making them unable to do anything to you. 

A pile-in that doesn't have to be towards the nearest enemy and that can actually take you out of combat is an extraordinarily powerful thing. I am not convinced they have really thought through the consequences of it. 

What are you talking about. If you run away with the hurakans nobody will do any damage.

The move away piling in, if they move away, they can't attack. Where is the NPE

• Thanks 3

But of course the new rules are bordering on the abusive as well! Nice, make deathballs (which some armies are dependent on) retreat with an artefact, then heal your units on a 6.... , wait, that isn't too great.... since that isn't good enough, grant them immunity to battleshock cause since you're an aelf you can use your command points for something better. 

How about e.g. an arcane suggestion for Tzeentch where you deal d3 MW AND debuff them? God I hope Slaanesh will eat them again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

They really seem determined to make Lumineth the NPE army. Being able to fall back out of combat with your ranged units before your opponent can attack, thereby making them not even eligible to activate - not even as a command ability or relic or something, but just a base ability - is going to cause a lot of frustration, especially combined with the double activations the faction already gets. Basically you can only fight one hurakan unit per round unless you can make them fight last, the rest'll just run away. I'm not sure it's actually overpowered, but I'm really not sure what LRL needed was another way to troll the opponent by making them unable to do anything to you. 

Could you possibly delete the erroneous parts of this post? We don't want to spread negative feeling by putting incorrect information out there. Thanks. 😀

3 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

You won't be able to fall back out of combat if they charged you. You could mitigate the number of models that get to attack, but with only a 3" move away they can still just pile into you when they activate.

Oh hey, that's a good point, I forgot about you being eligible to pile in even if you aren't within 3" as long as you charged. That mitigates a lot of the possible NPE. 

Guys is simple. You HAVE to charge with hurakans, so you have to END the charge 0.5” or less than any model. Then when the Luminet's player attack with the hurakans, can pile in or out 6”, but if they run away from the battle, they can’t fight because they are not within 3”.

This is not Seraphon, this is not slaneesh.

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

But of course the new rules are bordering on the abusive as well! Nice, make deathballs (which some armies are dependent on) retreat with an artefact, then heal your units on a 6.... , wait, that isn't too great.... since that isn't good enough, grant them immunity to battleshock cause since you're an aelf you can use your command points for something better. 

How about e.g. an arcane suggestion for Tzeentch where you deal d3 MW AND debuff them? God I hope Slaanesh will eat them again.

You realize of course that LRL already have an ignore battleshock spell right?

The fan looks good, but Artefact competition is always tight, and for all we know the only model that can take the fan is the one nimbus mage.