The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Mitzrael said:

So now we know Teclis is releasing like 5 months after Morathi, are we going to wait for Be'lakor till August? What does it say for 3.0?

There was a lengthy delay between Morathi's release and Teclis even being announced, whilst his time we've got 3 and 4 announced before Teclis is even out. I imagine they'll come a good deal quicker, especially with Sisters of Battle looking like they'll release after Gravelords now.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ShyishBarry said:

Good analysis! I think we're more likely to get Ghyran involved in either Be'lakor or Kragnos, given the Mannfred short story, rather than getting into Alarielle or the dwarves, though. Aqshy is covered already, actually, since Anvilguard / Har Kuron is there.

Ah thanks, I couldn't remember where har kuron was, and the AoS fandom/Wikia page hasn't been updated so couldn't check it up.

Where would Chamon pop up in your opinion if not with the duardin?

7 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Ah thanks, I couldn't remember where har kuron was, and the AoS fandom/Wikia page hasn't been updated so couldn't check it up.

When it comes to Wikis, the Lexicanum is pretty active: https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Anvilgard 
Chamon could theoretically pop-up where ever. In Morathi we got the Eight-Points, Ulgu and Aqshy, when only Ulgu had a real connection to Morathi. Teclis looks like it will cover Shyish, Hysh and Ghyran. 

While the Duardin are linked very strongly to Chamon, we also have the Gloomspite Gits and the Thunder Lizard Seraphon there (and judging from the Underworlds Warband, Thunder Lizards are the poster boy subfaction of the Seraphon). 

21 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I feel like Kurnothi are coming and that centaur guy hints at it. They have done a fair bit of lore building around Kurnothi over the last year or two and Cursed City also brings in another model.

It doesn't make sense to me from a brand perspective to introduce Kurnothi and then release new "beast people" that look similar to but aren't Kurnothi. 

That said, Kragnos sounds like something different. So I'm thinking possibly a new faction for destruction vs Kurnothi as the start of aos 3?

This so much.

If Kragnos ends up being a herald of some new Destruction faction, then I think Kurnothi will never see the light of day.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

This so much.

If Kragnos ends up being a herald of some new Destruction faction, then I think Kurnothi will never see the light of day.  

Yeah thats a worry- if he leads a beasts centaur destruction army Kurnothi could end up being just wanderer type models. He could be just an individual model though to add to the destruction grand alliance. I think "his people are gone" means he will be leading some faction that wasn't initially his- so possibly Kurnothi as there may be similarity or a destruction/BoC faction. I do like the idea of a massive centaur leading a wild hunt, Kurnoth possibly appearing  like Mathlann as a shard/memory [even just for now]. Reading a bit of the Ghur fluff there are lots of Hunter gods so they could be related and their were also hunter civilisations which got destroyed by Iron Jaws. 

I do love this as I swing  from "he's for Kurnothi" to "he's definitely Destruction".. hopefully we'll start to get hints soon. Destruction narrative has been around Gordrakk so far - would be odd to suddenly change to another character so I am hopeful Kragnos is for Kurnothi, albeit as an adopted god/leader rather than directly related to Kurnoth. 

Edited by silverstu

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

This just poped on youtube

cursed.jpg

23 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

God I hope this means it's finally gonna be up for pre-order. They don't throw these up unless release is imminent usually

I think this means that Cursed City will go up for Pre Order on the 3rd of April!!

44 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

When it comes to Wikis, the Lexicanum is pretty active: https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Anvilgard 
Chamon could theoretically pop-up where ever. In Morathi we got the Eight-Points, Ulgu and Aqshy, when only Ulgu had a real connection to Morathi. Teclis looks like it will cover Shyish, Hysh and Ghyran. 

While the Duardin are linked very strongly to Chamon, we also have the Gloomspite Gits and the Thunder Lizard Seraphon there (and judging from the Underworlds Warband, Thunder Lizards are the poster boy subfaction of the Seraphon). 

Yeah, unfortunately Lexi is blocked at my work ^^'

I believe Tzeentch is also very active in Chamon, no?

The creature from the Kragnos video looks kind of like the Centigor Warhoof model. 

Kurnothi centaur creature tail looks much different and the antlers appear to be part of a helmet instead of part of the head. 

Add in the fact that the Kragnos creature weapons and armor seems to be more crude or built from the scraps of others this points me further towards BoC or something new for destruction. 

Games-Workshop-Ghorros-Warhoof-Beastmen-Warhammer-Centigor-Beasts.jpg

Screenshot_20210322-082205.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah thats a worry- if he leads a beasts centaur destruction army Kurnothi could end up being just wanderer type models. He could be just an individual model though to add to the destruction grand alliance. I think "his people are gone" means he will be leading some faction that wasn't initially his- so possibly Kurnothi as there may be similarity or a destruction/BoC faction. I do like the idea of a massive centaur leading a wild hunt, Kurnoth possibly appearing  like Mathlann as a shard/memory [even just for now]. Reading a bit of the Ghur fluff there are lots of Hunter gods so they could be related and their were also hunter civilisations which got destroyed by Iron Jaws. 

I do love this as I swing  from "he's for Kurnothi" to "he's definitely Destruction".. hopefully we'll start to get hints soon. Destruction narrative has been around Gordrakk so far - would be odd to suddenly change to another character so I am hopeful Kragnos is for Kurnothi, albeit as an adopted god/leader rather than directly related to Kurnoth. 

I mean, look at his appearance, as other have said, he has quite a lot of Celtic vibes to him.

A Cernunnos deity belongs with Kurnothi, not among the Grand Alliance Destruction.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, DoctorPerils said:

If I had to guess, it'd be with either Be'lakor or Kragnos, as I don't think we know enough about either book to make a firm call yet.

So it'd make my hypothesis for the books' realm status look like:
Morathi: Ulgu + Aqshy (also the Eightpoints, technically)
Teclis: Hysh + Shyish
Be'lakor: Azyr + Chamon / Ghyran
Krugnos: Ghur + Chamon / Ghyran

Chamon would seem more thematically fitting for Be'lakor, but it's hard to say for sure. My wild long-shot guess would be that the Nurgle part of BR Teclis leads into BR Be'lakor being partially about Ghyran, the same way the vampire rescuing Ven Brecht leads into BR: Teclis's focus on Shyish (assuming that rescuer is a vampire in the first place).

Edited by ShyishBarry

24 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Reading a bit of the Ghur fluff there are lots of Hunter gods so they could be related and their were also hunter civilisations which got destroyed by Iron Jaws.

Source for the boded part? I would love to read it.

1 hour ago, Sorrow said:

21 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

I mean, look at his appearance, as other have said, he has quite a lot of Celtic vibes to him.

A Cernunnos deity belongs with Kurnothi, not among the Grand Alliance Destruction.

What do you think are the chances that Kurnothi just become a Destruction faction, instead of Order? Without knowing much about Kurnothi fluff, that seems like the way foreward if we want to have our cake and eat it, too.

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What do you think are the chances that Kurnothi just become a Destruction faction, instead of Order? Without knowing much about Kurnothi fluff, that seems like the way foreward if we want to have our cake and eat it, too.

The problem with that is then they would have to associate with orks which I can't see happening unless they are very twisted feral and far away from the kurnothi we have seen so far. I think they need to remove the grand alliances it prevents some really interesting army concepts. Right now if you arent chaos, dead or just like breaking everything then you are order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Svalack said:

The problem with that is then they would have to associate with orks which I can't see happening unless they are very twisted feral and far away from the kurnothi we have seen so far. I think they need to remove the grand alliances it prevents some really interesting army concepts. Right now if you arent chaos, dead or just like breaking everything then you are order.

I could see that happening. I have seen people speculate that that's what "Broken Realms" refers to: The dissolution of the current Grand Alliances.

I could also see the awakening of an ancient Kurnothi (demi-)god pushing the Kurnothi in a more feral direction (if that is what Kragnos turns out to be).

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think those chances are even lower than Squats becoming a playable faction in 40k again.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Destruction faction are united under the various forms of Gorkamorka.

Read the Dark Harvest book,  Kurnoth is its own deity, with various aspects.

25 minutes ago, Svalack said:

I think they need to remove the grand alliances it prevents some really interesting army concepts.

Yes! I think that GW could just get rid of that and just move on with some type of Coalition of Death table (even for allied units too):
Coalition.jpg.71ca656a3370f0025640fee9ab11abfb.jpg

We already have mechanics that could be translated to that coalition with not many problems (just switch some icons here and there):

• Citizenslike Sylvaneth in Living Cities, or Duardin in Barak-Thryng.
  • Normal Allies, 400p, 1 every 4, etc...
  • Desperate Allies, same as Mercenaries...
  • TO WAR Allies

I don't know , but it seems a lot more fun that our "4 immovable blocks".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Yes! I think that GW could just get rid of that and just move on with some type of Coalition of Death table (even for allied units too):
Coalition.jpg.71ca656a3370f0025640fee9ab11abfb.jpg

We already have mechanics that could be translated to that coalition with not many problems (just switch some icons here and there):

• Citizenslike Sylvaneth in Living Cities, or Duardin in Barak-Thryng.
  • Normal Allies, 400p, 1 every 4, etc...
  • Desperate Allies, same as Mercenaries...
  • TO WAR Allies

I don't know , but it seems a lot more fun that our "4 immovable blocks".

This'd be a pretty good idea honestly, and would make sense given Morathi's new situation; she's not really a member of either of the three other Grand Alliances, but her membership of Order has taken a blow too.

On a side note, I love how the Skaven have a Fractious Coalition with themselves.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1