The Rumour Thread

Thoughts.

Teclis will achieve his objective (likely reversing or limiting the drawing of death magic to Nagash's pyramid) but suffer heavy losses.

Nagash will return to Nagashizzar and dispatch Arkhan to follow up/pursue Teclis into Hysh.

Coverage of the undead invasion of Hysh which ends similar to Wrath of the Everchosen, with death having a stronghold but progess stalled.

Large parts of the Ossiarch empire will be damaged/destroyed in Teclis' invasion..

Invidia will be stirred up some how, possibly by Neferata after Manfred makes sure the task of invading is impossible.

I don't think a city will fall, that has already been done and it would be old to do it in every book.

• Like 1

That whole 'Teclis raids Shyish to weaken Nagash' plot is actually quite important from narrative perspective, ending the current Soul Wars that were started by the Necroquake. Actually a lot happened in the Narrative, especially concidering all started with the Malign Portents Campaign:

1. The Necroquake enabled the manifestation of Endless Spells
  2. We had Sancrosanct Chambers beeing dispatched to face the Attack by the Legions of Nagash
  3. The Nighthaunt manifestation became more present, with Lady Olynder as Mortarch
  4. The Idoneth Deepkin were forced more and more into the open
  5. The Bad Moon manifested more and more (Gloomspite Release). Some Goblins got into fights with Sylvaneth.
  6. In the aftermath of the Necroquake we had several Stormvaults beeing opened. Most important one under the Lake Lethliss which resulted in the release of Katakross from his prison, as well as Lady Olynder beeing the first who slew the Celestant Prime, showing that Sigmars chosen can be defeated.
  7. Khorne Bloodbound were able to summon Skull Altars and Judgement of Khorne as his rage about endless spells manifested in the realms
  8. Dwarfs had a wild party, talking about reunion and stuff. Waking up next day all hangover not remembering talking 'bout anything important.
  9. Archaon called best champions of chaos for some sort of Allpoints-Olympics. It´s what we call Warcry now. 
  10. Skaven manifested more and more due to holes beeing dug between realms
  11. Ogors now attack united as Mawtribes, no longer strict seperation between Beastclaws and Gluttons. Are no big players yet. 
  12. Breyherd attacks increased here and there, often with big Herdstones appearing.
  13. Kurnoth stirs under Wald. Also some Kurnothian are spotted in Beastgrave.
  14. Hedonites of Slaanesh became more and more active around the realms. Syl'Essque made himself a name in the meantime.
  15. Seraphon manifestations seem to make more sense now. They are confirmed Star-Magic-Lizzards. But they are also Flesh-and-Blood-Dinosaurs now. It´s weird, don´t ask further. Still no meaning in the overall narrative...like...they don´t care. Lizzard lifestyle I guess.
  16. Godrak united the Orruk-Clans and started a big Waaagh which also seems to include other destruction factions that run alongside. It´s said that he aims for Azyr.
  17. Nagash reinforced his war-efforts with the Ossiarch Bonereapers which were led once again in full strength with Katakross at helm. 
  18. Katakross attacks the All-Points. Archaon was all way off, taking actually care of releasing Slaanesh. Archaons breaks the first chain and then heads back to end Katakross Assault.
  19. Teclis and his armies slowly show up on the stage. We learn more about them and their background
  20. Sons of Behemat pop up.
  21. Morathi went full bit*h-mode, released Slaanesh after taking a good ammount of souls from him and ascending into goodhood. Then she assauled Anvilgaard which is HarKuron now. Idoneth were also into this conspiracy for reasons I don´t get yet. Slaanesh has born something. Also, Sigvald is back. 

FUTURE:

22. Teclis gathered an army to finally stop Nagash's attacks which may end in the End of the Soul Wars.
  23. Manfred and other Soulblight meddle with some Nurgle-Stuff. We don´t know yet if he will manage to maybe break loose from Nagash or not. This could be the End of Legions of Nagash.
  24. Rise of Belakor
  25. Kragnos appears after beeing trapped under a mountain.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

I’m not too surprised DOK and HOS didn’t get boxes due to imminent releases. Try finding the starter box cheap they are very common

But they at least had a dual box.

I was hoping for Lumineth/Soulblight box using the older but still used LoN models with the new Vampire as a preview of sorts for the new army but alas I will look upon the Elves of Light in jealousy hoping that Malerion casts a pall shadow upon the mortal realms... In other words I am thinking of getting the Collector box but money is tight so I am being careful with my next purchase/army.

Story wise Nagash certainly needs knocking down a peg since right now in the story he's got perhaps the biggest army that is endlessly being extended through mortals being killed off and dying all the time. Even with Sigmar stealing some souls, Nagash still has his Ossiarchs, Vampires, Nighthaunt and mad Flesheaters all either loyal to him or subservant to the point that they can't refuse him. If he willed it he could lead a war the like of which had not been seen since the start of the Age of Chaos. 

That he failed to take the Eightpoints is critical as if he'd secured them he would likely have ushered in the Age of Death and darkened the Realms once more in a vast war. 

So his legions losing and only securing a foothold (which is still more than any other force has achieved) in the Eightpoints and now this threat from the Lumineth should settle the board for a bit. Of course we know that the Orruks are massing for a fight too; however unlike forces of Chaos or Death, Orruks are as likely to spread war against other factions as they are to fall to internal strife and pull themselves apart. They are just as deadly, but less set on ruling all and more just wanting a good fight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

So with BR: Teclis coming up soon. Its time to start betting. Nagash vs Teclis.

Who will win? 
What will the winner achieve?

What will  happen to the looser?

How will the Mortal Realms be affected?

Think we will se the fall of another free Citiy?

Considering that broken realms seems to be a prelude to aos 3 down the road. It seems likely that whatever happens it will effectively end the soul wars, to make way for the next saga of the AOS narrative. 

In fact I seem to recall that when Broken Realms: Teclis was announced the Warhammer Community description was something along the lines of "Teclis seeks to end the soul wars"

So I think that kind of has to happen for the narrative to move past what is currently going on. 

• Like 1

What if Broken Realms is paving the way for doing away with the Grand Alliances? Belakor tearing apart Chaos in Belakor fashion, Morathi breaking the already strained alliances of Order,  Mannfred/Neferata taking power when Nagash is weakened due to a showdown with Teclis, and Destruction dissolving with the arrival of Kragnos.  

• Like 3

I am quite happy for Death players, they sure deserved such a release for quite a while.

And while I have zero plans to ever go into any Death faction, I will buy one set of new Blood Knights without a doubt. They are too cool to not collect them.

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I agree that GW have done a great job of introducing new interpretations of the old races for AOS ( esp LRL ),  I just want them to take that little extra step and introduce something completely new; not Aelf, or Duardin, human or Seraphon, Orruk or Ogor, but a new race not seen before in either setting.  Everything up to now has its roots in the past.  Give us something without a past that says "this is the future".  Give us the "Age of the Godbeasts".

So basically skaven😜.

love the hype man

11 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

Am I missing something, or is the Loreseeker having an identity crisis?

lorewhat geedubs.PNG

Well I mean, to be titled a loremaster, really is something, afterall not everybody can be considered a master of the lore.

On the other hand loreseeker, just sounds like an apprentice of the dark or light side looking for more knowledge, so it could be anybody

8 hours ago, Charleston said:

That whole 'Teclis raids Shyish to weaken Nagash' plot is actually quite important from narrative perspective, ending the current Soul Wars that were started by the Necroquake. Actually a lot happened in the Narrative, especially concidering all started with the Malign Portents Campaign:

1. The Necroquake enabled the manifestation of Endless Spells
  2. We had Sancrosanct Chambers beeing dispatched to face the Attack by the Legions of Nagash
  3. The Nighthaunt manifestation became more present, with Lady Olynder as Mortarch
  4. The Idoneth Deepkin were forced more and more into the open
  5. The Bad Moon manifested more and more (Gloomspite Release). Some Goblins got into fights with Sylvaneth.
  6. In the aftermath of the Necroquake we had several Stormvaults beeing opened. Most important one under the Lake Lethliss which resulted in the release of Katakross from his prison, as well as Lady Olynder beeing the first who slew the Celestant Prime, showing that Sigmars chosen can be defeated.
  7. Khorne Bloodbound were able to summon Skull Altars and Judgement of Khorne as his rage about endless spells manifested in the realms
  8. Dwarfs had a wild party, talking about reunion and stuff. Waking up next day all hangover not remembering talking 'bout anything important.
  9. Archaon called best champions of chaos for some sort of Allpoints-Olympics. It´s what we call Warcry now. 
  10. Skaven manifested more and more due to holes beeing dug between realms
  11. Ogors now attack united as Mawtribes, no longer strict seperation between Beastclaws and Gluttons. Are no big players yet. 
  12. Breyherd attacks increased here and there, often with big Herdstones appearing.
  13. Kurnoth stirs under Wald. Also some Kurnothian are spotted in Beastgrave.
  14. Hedonites of Slaanesh became more and more active around the realms. Syl'Essque made himself a name in the meantime.
  15. Seraphon manifestations seem to make more sense now. They are confirmed Star-Magic-Lizzards. But they are also Flesh-and-Blood-Dinosaurs now. It´s weird, don´t ask further. Still no meaning in the overall narrative...like...they don´t care. Lizzard lifestyle I guess.
  16. Godrak united the Orruk-Clans and started a big Waaagh which also seems to include other destruction factions that run alongside. It´s said that he aims for Azyr.
  17. Nagash reinforced his war-efforts with the Ossiarch Bonereapers which were led once again in full strength with Katakross at helm. 
  18. Katakross attacks the All-Points. Archaon was all way off, taking actually care of releasing Slaanesh. Archaons breaks the first chain and then heads back to end Katakross Assault.
  19. Teclis and his armies slowly show up on the stage. We learn more about them and their background
  20. Sons of Behemat pop up.
  21. Morathi went full bit*h-mode, released Slaanesh after taking a good ammount of souls from him and ascending into goodhood. Then she assauled Anvilgaard which is HarKuron now. Idoneth were also into this conspiracy for reasons I don´t get yet. Slaanesh has born something. Also, Sigvald is back. 

FUTURE:

22. Teclis gathered an army to finally stop Nagash's attacks which may end in the End of the Soul Wars.
  23. Manfred and other Soulblight meddle with some Nurgle-Stuff. We don´t know yet if he will manage to maybe break loose from Nagash or not. This could be the End of Legions of Nagash.
  24. Rise of Belakor
  25. Kragnos appears after beeing trapped under a mountain.

This is amazing mate thank you for this.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

• Thanks 1

I have to say that Seraphon and Malarion are two forces that I'm eager to see what they do with the story around them. Both are huge potential players on the field and yet both have been very muted in their activities thus far in the Age of Sigmar. They've kept to the sidelines and both have significant enough power to really shake things up if they start to make major gains. Malarion already rules most of a whole realm so he's got vast resources to use; meanwhile the Seraphon have great magics to their cause and as yet don't have a physical major holding in the realms so it will be interesting to see if they shift gears and decide to dig in and really take grounds. 

Thus far the Soul Wars appear beneath the Seraphon, something that the minor gods are fighting over in the short term, but which ultimately might not matter who wins to the Seraphon. Death or Sigmar it makes little difference if there are Ossiarchs or Stormcast so long as they stand the tide of Chaos. OF course with both taking bites out of each other the Seraphon might be rather ill impressed at these young gods 

3 minutes ago, Mitzrael said:

So now we know Teclis is releasing like 5 months after Morathi, are we going to wait for Be'lakor till August? What does it say for 3.0?

I think that Covid and Brexit has caused major disruption and Teclis was due out far earlier along with Wave 2 of LRl as Wave 1 was originally set for April of 2020. 

I'm guessing GW may end up with a Psychic Awakening situation and end up rapid firing Broken Realms. Teclis releasing in April, Belakor May and Kragnos June.

Then if there is another July, though I'm guessing 3.0 for August/September.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Mitzrael said:

So now we know Teclis is releasing like 5 months after Morathi, are we going to wait for Be'lakor till August? What does it say for 3.0?

I think the more important piece of data is that both BR: Morathi and BR: Teclis released 2 months after being announced. So I would expect BR: Belakor in May or so.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

So just to confirm, from the weekend was there any indication of Cursed City release dates?

What do we know or certain and what are we thinking?

I did have a bit of a trawl through this thread for something relating to the release of the novel being at the same time as the game.

Thanks in advance 😁

Unfortunately we don’t know anything for certain except that the game is coming ‘soon’. Aside from the broken realms stuff the only confirmed window we have is that admech and the next underworlds warband are coming in April. As for speculation, they are still doing weekly articles about the cursed city characters. They still have 5 to go. That suggests a launch in early May which would put it in the same timeframe that Silver Tower launched in. 

I’m still really curious to see if they try to do AoS 3 this summer. I really hope they don’t. I think they should take their time with broken realms and do a book ever other month.  Hopefully there are at least 5 books in the series. They could then bring out AOS 3 in the winter once everyone is able to play in events again. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

So just to confirm, from the weekend was there any indication of Cursed City release dates?

What do we know or certain and what are we thinking?

I did have a bit of a trawl through this thread for something relating to the release of the novel being at the same time as the game.

Thanks in advance 😁

Nothing definitive yet, sadly.

We have this piece of info from the Lords of the Mortal Realms preview:

Alongside the boxed set comes the Cursed City novel by C L Werner. Within its pages, you’ll find the inspiration to take on the murderous undead that plague the streets of Ulfenkarn, as well as a unique Hero Card to help in your quest.

Some websites list the novel as releasing in May. If we take "alongside the boxed set" literally, that would mean the game is coming in May, too. But we don't know for sure if we are supposed to take it like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Unfortunately we don’t know anything for certain except that the game is coming ‘soon’. Aside from the broken realms stuff the only confirmed window we have is that admech and the next underworlds warband are coming in April. As for speculation, they are still doing weekly articles about the cursed city characters. They still have 5 to go. That suggests a launch in early May which would put it in the same timeframe that Silver Tower launched in. 

I’m still really curious to see if they try to do AoS 3 this summer. I really hope they don’t. I think they should take their time with broken realms and do a book ever other month.  Hopefully there are at least 5 books in the series. They could then bring out AOS 3 in the winter once everyone is able to play in events again. 

I'd like that as well. I just hope now we dont have the next BR book teased before Belakor is out. I love the narrative but with Kragnos announced it feels like Belakor is in the back of peoples minds now. 

Confirmed Lumineth and Broken Realms prices in Euros:

- Broken Realms Teclis: 32,5€

- Lumineth Battletome: 32,5€

- Lumineth Warscrolls: 20€

- Scinari Loreseeker: 22,5€

- Scinari Calligrave: 22,5€

- Vanari Bannerblade: 25€

- Starshard Ballista: 40€

- Lyrior Uthralle: 42,5€

- Hurakan Windchargers: 50€

- Sevireth: 42,5€

- Vanari Bladelords: 45€

- Ellania & Ellathor: 35€

- Hurakan Windmage: 30€

- Shrine Luminor: 45€

- Mortevell's Helcourt: 65€

- Horrek's Dreadlance: 90€

- Invidian Plaguehost: 70€

- Xintil War-magi: 65€

Not that bad for Lumineth, some things cheaper than expected (Terrain, Sevireth...), some things as expensive as expected (Bladelords) and some things more expensive than expected (Ballista).

Ossiarch box is nice, basically a free Liege Kavalos.

• Like 5

So, if we posit that BR Teclis happens in Hysh as well as Shyish, BR Belakor in the Realms of Chaos and in Azyr, Kragnos primarily in Ghur... I think that leaves only Aqshy, Chamon and Ghyran currently un-touched upon by the Broken Realms books? I could definitely see a BR Alarielle/Kurnoth/Orion happening in Ghyran, with perhaps a BR Grungni/Vulkhaya happening in Aqshy and Chamon

Or alternatively, could Kragnos take place in both Ghur and Ghyran, to fit with the trend of a BR book affecting several realms?

Edited by DoctorPerils
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Garxia said:

Not that bad for Lumineth, some things cheaper than expected (Terrain, Sevireth...), some things as expensive as expected (Bladelords) and some things more expensive than expected (Ballista).

Im really surprised by Sevireth being literally only half the price of Avalenor! Are the Wind Spirits that much smaller? The 5€ extra on the Wind Charger sting a little, but seeing the three smaller heroes all below 30€ is nice. 

2 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Im really surprised by Sevireth being literally only half the price of Avalenor! Are the Wind Spirits that much smaller?

Sevireth is likely the Celestant Prime of LRL: a perfectly normal sized miniature on a whirlwind thing and bigger base

Those box sets are reasonably priced which is a surprise from gw these days. They all have a discount somewhere in the 40 to 50% range. The Lumineth is very expensive but no more so than the first half of the army. I really hope they do a battlebox this winter or a start collecting. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

So, if we posit that BR Teclis happens in Hysh as well as Shyish, BR Belakor in the Realms of Chaos and in Azyr, Kragnos primarily in Ghur... I think that leaves only Aqshy, Chamon and Ghyran currently un-touched upon by the Broken Realms books? I could definitely see a BR Alarielle/Kurnoth/Orion happening in Ghyran, with perhaps a BR Grungni/Vulkhaya happening in Aqshy and Chamon

Or alternatively, could Kragnos take place in both Ghur and Ghyran, to fit with the trend of a BR book affecting several realms?

Good analysis! I think we're more likely to get Ghyran involved in either Be'lakor or Kragnos, given the Mannfred short story, rather than getting into Alarielle or the dwarves, though. Aqshy is covered already, actually, since Anvilguard / Har Kuron is there.