The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Boar said:

So promised CoS battalion is wizard plus hurricanum plus luminark. That's not going too help much Cities unfortunately when it comes to battalion availability.

If those guys go into any city and have a good bonus, they might actually be all right. The Hurricanum is already close to an auto-include in Cities, and while you don't usuaooy take both, the Luminark is pretty decent, too. If they get a good battalion ability like an extra cast or something I could see this being a good option.

However, I expect the battalion to be locked to Settler's Gain or some other Hysh city. So it's probably a moot point.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Sad 1

Oh that Reaper boxed set is VERY tempting, especially if it gets discount and is sold through 3rd party stores. I want to build a huge legion of mounted Deathriders and another leader or two would be fantastic alongside them. All great models. Very interested in that set! 

And a powerful release too with a massive update for Lumineth coming all in one big week. That's going to be some serious wallet pain for Lumineth players but at the same time, darn its great to get all your new toys in one big go! 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Svalack said:

Hard to tell if the book will be worth picking up for non lumineth players. For a new battalion (half a page) no. They said new allegiance abilities but cant tell if they are referring to lumineth or the warring factions. It seems lumineth are having new or rewritten allegiance abilities as per the battletome description.

I assume they will show contents page during the week.

I bought the Morathi book which had no contents for me but the art and the story was really cool and worth it. Will be getting Teclis as well and if the OBR stuff is anything worth well thats just fine but Im getting it anyway, just because its a cool read.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Am I missing something, or is the Loreseeker having an identity crisis?

lorewhat geedubs.PNG

It's just a Freudian slip, like calling Ogors "Ogres" (which they have also done)  "Loremaster" is what this guy was called when he was a High Elf.

12 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

I bought the Morathi book which had no contents for me but the art and the story was really cool and worth it. Will be getting Teclis as well and if the OBR stuff is anything worth well thats just fine but Im getting it anyway, just because its a cool read.

Same reason for me. I'm buying them for the Narrative and the Lore they provide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the battleboxs?

Lately I was thinking about giving my skellies some mobility and wanted to buy one box of cavalry. Don't think I need two. I also have Liege Kavalos but wanted to also have the named version but to be honest probably wouldn't buy it just to keep it on shelf. Now however I think I might grab this BR box. I will pay less than for 2 cavalry boxes and get the hero free.

I'm also collecting all the BR books, just for the story.

Edited by Aeryenn

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Was hoping for a Lumineth battlebox 😓

It is like Games Workshop doesn't want me to have fancy hats! 🤨

I’m not too surprised DOK and HOS didn’t get boxes due to imminent releases. Try finding the starter box cheap they are very common

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm somewhat interested in that double Hurricanum plus Battlemage box. I was looking to pick up one of those and the mage anyway. If the price is good, that might be a nice pick up.

That is only two hurricanuns box,the mage showed come inside of the hurricanum box.

It is only they have put the battlemage from the hurricanum out.

It is the worst box of all br box so far,only 90€ when the median was around 105

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Doko said:

That is only two hurricanuns box,the mage showed come inside of the hurricanum box.

It is only they have put the battlemage from the hurricanum out.

It is the worst box of all br box so far,only 90€ when the median was around 105

they are webstore exclusive, atleast in the UK. So you are missing that 10-25% discount that you can get on the contents of the other boxes which means maybe its not so bad.

The twins are a devastating presence on the battlefield, able to lay low enemies beyond count with blade and magical barrage. Ellania and Ellathor can join any army from the forces of Order and make for a great addition to a number of factions. 

Interesting!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I might treat myself to the OBR box, it's not an army I am really ready to start right now but it looks to be a very good deal and I expect it to go out of stock very quick. The FEC box is good and exactly what I expected but I really don't need it, Cities box looks useful but uninspiring, I'm not sure the Nurgle box would be worth it over a SC or 2.

I am tempted by the new Lumineth mounted archers but seeing as I really don't like Wardens I'm going to have to wait to see if there are some more diverse battleline options in the new book first before making a decison on that.

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely massive week so happy for @LuminethMage mate hope your wallet is ready!!

Cannot wait for BR Teclis myself, we're getting back on track guys!! Damn, I just love Warhammer. 

Thank you! The delays were at least good in that respect, enough preparation time. My wallet knows what’s coming : ). At least getting one of each. 

I’m really looking forward to the story. The FEC box confirms that the WD article series about Nagash invading Ymetrica is part of the book. Mortevell is the FEC king who aligns himself with Arkhan. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Thank you! The delays were at least good in that respect, enough preparation time. My wallet knows what’s coming : ). At least getting one of each. 

I’m really looking forward to the story. The FEC box confirms that the WD article series about Nagash invading Ymetrica is part of the book. Mortevell is the FEC king who aligns himself with Arkhan. 

Fantastic mate!! I cannot wait for BR Teclis. Hopefully Belakor drops in April and then Kragnos in May!!

• Like 3

So with BR: Teclis coming up soon. Its time to start betting. Nagash vs Teclis.

Who will win? 
What will the winner achieve?

What will  happen to the looser?

How will the Mortal Realms be affected?

Think we will se the fall of another free Citiy?

Edited by Greasygeek