The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Cool city Glymmsforge, pity we don’t know what happened afterwards.

For all we know nothing could be left of it apart the catacombs 

Gimme Spooky COS rules that lemme take the forces of a corrupted city. 

Can take 1 in 4 units as Ossiarchs or something idk

Will it be broken? Completely

Do I want an excuse to convert Halloweentown? Yes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

So after watching the Godzilla vs Kong trailer I really want a titanicus style game with Godbeasts fighting

Shut up and take my money GW!! Mate I love this idea it's so good!! The trailer has literally left me speechless, it's my most anticipated film since KOTM and my face hurts from smiling. In less than 6 months I have had 2 titanic releases and my body is drained.

7 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Noooooooo don't make me hyped because then I'll be disappointed nooooo

Toot toot all aboard the hype train!!

• Like 2

I am most interested in what BR: Alarielle entails (yeah yeah, I know, putting the cart before the horse and all that...) as although I don't collect Sylvaneth (the models aside of dryads and Drycha don't do anything for me - sorry Sylvaneth fans!) they're lorewise one of my favourite factions. If Alarielle is active, perhaps Drycha will show up and throw a spanner in her works... (for real geedubs, where's all that sweet Drycha lore?)

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Shut up and take my money GW!! Mate I love this idea it's so good!! The trailer has literally left me speechless, it's my most anticipated film since KOTM and my face hurts from smiling. In less than 6 months I have had 2 titanic releases and my body is drained.

Toot toot all aboard the hype train!!

Why stay at giant monsters? Why not recreate Warmaster while you're at it - big monsters need regiments to stomp, right? 😂

As for Golemkind...oh, how I now wish it to be true!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I am most interested in what BR: Alarielle entails (yeah yeah, I know, putting the cart before the horse and all that...) as although I don't collect Sylvaneth (the models aside of dryads and Drycha don't do anything for me - sorry Sylvaneth fans!) they're lorewise one of my favourite factions. If Alarielle is active, perhaps Drycha will show up and throw a spanner in her works... (for real geedubs, where's all that sweet Drycha lore?)

Why stay at giant monsters? Why not recreate Warmaster while you're at it - big monsters need regiments to stomp, right? 😂

As for Golemkind...oh, how I now wish it to be true!

If Ghloemkind are to make an appearance, a boxed game would be a safe place to introduce them!! Then perhaps have a unit of them in a Duardin army later down the road. 

If Gholemkind are a thing I wont be able to resist painting them orange with blue pants, 'Its Clobbering Time!!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Any chance the dual characters are a reimagining of the Twilight Twins? I don't know much about their lore or if they would be willing to work alongside Teclis over Alarielle in AOS... they are just the only thing that have popped into my mind for that unit.

I sort of doubt it, at least thematically. The Twilight Sisters' shtick was that they were light and dark, reflecting the Wood Elves' position as the 'neutral' elven faction, and they had a weird fey/fairy tale kind of background where one girl entered the deep woods and came out as two people. Neither of those sync have much resonance with the Lumineth background we've seen.

I suspect instead their background will be tied in with the magical cloning/twin-creation practices of Iliatha. There's tons of twins in their forces so it may be something like how they're the last remaining set of magical twins from before the Spirefall or something else which makes them special.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sance said:

So Broken Realms are just 3 books : Morathi, Teclis and then Alarielle ? Guess it's make sense, we can have AoS 3.0 after that with Excelsis Siege as starter box

I guess there will be 5 books. Featuring 5 factions each book then you need 5 books to cover all 24 AoS factions.

Cities of sigmar doubles up .

31 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I sort of doubt it, at least thematically. The Twilight Sisters' shtick was that they were light and dark, reflecting the Wood Elves' position as the 'neutral' elven faction, and they had a weird fey/fairy tale kind of background where one girl entered the deep woods and came out as two people. Neither of those sync have much resonance with the Lumineth background we've seen.

I suspect instead their background will be tied in with the magical cloning/twin-creation practices of Iliatha. There's tons of twins in their forces so it may be something like how they're the last remaining set of magical twins from before the Spirefall or something else which makes them special.

Thanks for the info, I was just curious as I literally know nothing about the characters other than that I found them cool in the olden days. Do you have any further insights into the silhouetted figures from the preview?

I can't wait to see a full Lumineth host assembled for battle opposite the Hedonites. With the many visual parallels between the KoS/Mountain Spirits, Cathallar/new Slaanesh mage, the similar cavalry, even Syll'Esque (sp?) and these hinted-at Lumineth twins, plus just how detailed and opulent all these kits look, it's going to be really beautiful sight!

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Like 11

Hm. This 5-book-calculation would mean that the rumoured Belakor plastic kit is not part of a Broken Realms release. Althrough this wouldn´t be a big thing, concidering DoK and Hedonites tome update seem to come without a bigger tie to the broken realms.

I´m only a bit afraid of diving into Lumineth. My plan was to get the Release Box, but now I´m not sure if the dex will last longer than 6 months.

53 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Thanks for the info, I was just curious as I literally know nothing about the characters other than that I found them cool in the olden days. Do you have any further insights into the silhouetted figures from the preview?

Absolutely none, I'm just spitballing.🙂 

I think other folks have pointed out that the bottom one has what looks like stylised sun rays emitting from its headdress, so it could be that they're going for some sort of sun and moon contrast a la Tyrion and Teclis, so I'd be interested in know what exactly the relationship between these presumably mortal twins and the divine twins is. Not avatars, surely, when Teclis already walks among his people. Maybe champions? Or some sort of ritual stand-in figures, as though refractions of Hyshian light through a prism? It suggests to me that they're not Aelementari anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

As @sandlemad mentioned it looks like a pair based on sun/moon, which is the Vanari theme, then being an amalgam of the Tyrionic and Teclian side. So they could be a warrior-mage pair or something like that. 

The Iliatha theme would also be fitting on top of that. 

• Thanks 1

So White dwarf has started a 6 part series of short stories covering the Wanderings of the titular White dwarf in AoS, which means the last one should be lined up nicely for book 4 or possibly 5 depending on release cadence. Could be nothing but a nice story, could be GW seeding the ground for a big Dawi release/reveal.

He is appropriately a bit sad about the state of the Fyreslayers, (in contrast to Gotreks contempt) so perhaps Old Grombrindal himself steps up to the godhood plate in an attempt to bring back the old ways? (Which all Dwarves know were better days :P )  I mean at this point he pretty much IS a god by AoS standards anyway, or we could see some development with the other Dwarf gods down the line. Could be interesting either way.

Also, with 4 Dwarf Cultures in AoS (And Chaos Dwarves not likely to get a positive visit!)  it implies there might be something other than a stop off at each.

Oh and in a vaguely related note, the design article on the giants also dropped some hints about currently unknown cultures and design queues we might see down the line!

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

So after watching the Godzilla vs Kong trailer I really want a titanicus style game with Godbeasts fighting

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

4v5qag.jpg

I love this idea, but I would really want some massive KO ships to take part in this or maybe if it is set in the Age of Myth some of the Gods which would hilariously be tiny models in that scale.  Sigmar finally gets a model and it is smaller than a grot 😇

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I can't wait to see a full Lumineth host assembled for battle opposite the Hedonites. With the many visual parallels between the KoS/Mountain Spirits, Cathallar/new Slaanesh mage, the similar cavalry, even Syll'Esque (sp?) and these hinted-at Lumineth twins, plus just how detailed and opulent all these kits look, it's going to be really beautiful sight!

All we need is the Lumineth Mystic of Moderation on a well-crafted, but slightly understated, carriage pulled by two horned badgers and the set will be complete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Also two Broken Realm Books with no Dwarf Faction.

Hope for a Broken Realms focused on Dwarfs increasing.

GW mentioned updates to all MAJOR factions, so duardin are excluded by definition. 😜

Hopefully we see something for them! As destruction also has been totally absent so far, maybe there is a major duardin/destruction storyline incoming? Or maybe Sigmar just spent all his gold paint to hire dwarfs to protect Excelsis from Destruction.

I can't imagine they'll be left out entirely, fingers crossed. 

• Haha 5