The Rumour Thread

This was a good week leading up to the previews of today. There is a lot of cool stuff coming. When Lumineth first were released they suggested it would be a massive release, but ended up just ‘normal’ in size. This second wave really makes te lumineth an army with a lot of choice. The second wave in itself is already big, with lots of characters and several new units. 

the only problem I have with these teasers is that I am now more excited for more elves and the amazing new quest game, while Slaanesh is coming very soon and I was very excited about them.  

did they talk about when the new broken realms and the quest game will be released? 

5 hours ago, sandlemad said:

This comes to something like 9-10 new kits for Lumineth. That's... about a doubling of the entire range, huh.

And likely the need to repurchase their Battletome just 41 minutes after the last one came out.

Grrr.

That said, I thought this was an excellent preview. I'm hyped for a good 70% of the stuff shown.

• Like 1

In fairness Lumineth got perhaps the worst launch ever from GW. A neat box, but then with Corona hitting hard and wiping out sales for several months and then everything else, Lumineth didn't get the built up hype of sales they should have; plus with games shut down entirely for many there wasn't even room to get people to get stuck into them properly. So I'm all for GW bumping them up now with a big second wave to flesh them out far more so with options and to rebuild that release hype. Even if gaming is off the cards for many still, it at least means that a big sale hype can get people building forces for when they can game. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

And likely the need to repurchase their Battletome just 41 minutes after the last one came out.

Doubt it. There are also items in the LRL book that were clearly meant for a melee hero - which they will get soon.

My guess is that the LRL BT will stay for another year or so, yet GW will simply add new Warscrolls and Batallions to it :)

Edited by JackStreicher

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Linked this to Discord and the thumbnail came up as this.

DSNfMUN.jpg

Looks like a noble/Freeguild officer-proxy(?) 
Definitely a Kharadron Edrinrigger.
A Priestess of some sort, maybe a different god to Sigmar (Shalya?)

Oh that Human with the Sword.

Nice.

The big expansion to the LRL is just what the army needed honestly, but its also painfully obvious and really scummy that so much was held back from the original Battletome.

Regardless, I've mentioned before that the controversial visual design, covid troubles and releasing around 40k 9th Edition probably really savaged the release of the army and the usual AOS issue of factions feeling very barebones and lacking in variety on probably didn't help either. I think now that the model range is seeing a boatload of extra new models people now have options in what they want to collect. Don't like the Alarith models and dislike being stuck with just Vanari (who themselves have no characters)? That problem is now solved. Hate the Stonemage, Cathallar and Teclis? Cool, there's now like 6 new character models to choose from.

Edited by Bosskelot

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Linked this to Discord and the thumbnail came up as this.

DSNfMUN.jpg

Looks like a noble/Freeguild officer-proxy(?) 
Definitely a Kharadron Edrinrigger.
A Priestess of some sort, maybe a different god to Sigmar (Shalya?)

Pretty sure that the lady is a Stormcast. 

4 hours ago, HiddenElephant said:

Not sure he's either.  He's a big lad, that's for sure, but he's standing next to a dwarf.  His shoulder pad is cool, but kinda strange for an Ogor or Orruk.  It looks specific and well-made, with a detailed grumpy face with a single horn.  The ogors and orruks are not known for that kind of specific artistry.  I'm thinking it's either a buff-as-heck human, or member of a new, rare species of mortal, perhaps tangentially related to the formorids or chaos' ogroids.

Could it be? No..but maybe?! No but then again could it be....

Half Gargants?! 

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Destruction is the Black Sheep of the series at present indeed. I do think though that something is coming for them, its just a long-ways off. 

That said I don't mind seeing GW doubling down and beefing up a few smaller armies and giving us something like vampires which have been hinted of for a long time. Get those things out of the way and leave the slate open for Destruction. GW has certainly been holding thus huge siege on sigmar's realmgate by the Orruks over us for a long time in the setting. 

I believe as well that Destructions time to shine will be 3.0 just as 2.0 had Death as the 'baddie'. I'm fully hoping for new units to Ogor Mawtribes, updated Gorgers and Maneaters along with Frost Sabers. Gloomspite are in a good place but new standard Grots and Wolf Riders and Wolf Chariots would be amazing. Orruk Warclans are the most in need of units. New Ironjawz, standard Orruks maybe even archers like old, new Savage Orruks and various monster drawn chariots!! 

And of course the nearest and dearest my Sons...

KING BRODD MODEL/ LEADER DUAL KIT AND MANCRUSHER MODEL FOR UNDERWORLDS!!

• Like 4

We still have the cloud mage to be fully shown as well. The trailer at the start of the year showed the Lumineth regent with a red cloth on the mount not blue. With the helmet shown in the alternative build silhouette and red it could be Tyrion? 

D705F66C-E6D3-4ED9-A3F9-03419C8D758C.png

D55B48DF-220C-4F28-AB2C-40AE3FA4C4DA.png

Edited by SirSalabean

8 minutes ago, Envyus said:

Pretty sure that the lady is a Stormcast. 

She does have some similar stormcast armour stylings, especially the shoulder pads, but a lot more cloth and 'mortal' clothing than we've ever seen, even on vanguard chamber 'cast.  Judging by the art, it's pretty likely this silhouette goes with her. 

image.png.66cd5b7c96f49bb9835bff0022817265.png

Again, it's a little more lithe than we expect from a Stormcast but I think it's a 40mm base so maybe? If she is reforged then that'll be a very new thing: a Stormcast wearing civilian clothing under her armour. 

As for the big figure on the right of the hero shot in the teaser, I really really really hope for an Ogor, but it's a little hard to judge.

The proportions are promising, the head is sitting where we'd expect in relation to the shoulders (orruks usually are more hunched). But there's a bit of the old orky bow-legged posing going. Still, art isn't an exact representation of the model. The armour is most interesting, resembling nothing like the armour we get with any other orruks or ogors. However, ogors are famously quick to adopt the culture around them, so this might be a local ogor mercenary wearing the apparel of this city. But it's also a little... chaosy. The last Warhammer Quest had a darkoath cheftain, so it could be something slaves to darkness. 

I covered my bases with that lol, could be this, could be that OKAY FINE IT'S AN OGOR 150%

image.png.00b1e501757f01cf2832e3431d82e543.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I hope the game itself will be very much like Blackstone fortress but better :D

I hope it won't be like Blackstone Fortress at all! I don't want little tiles. Give me a Necromunda: Dark Uprising-style box with an ridiculous amount of terrain.

I think she's a strong independant woman and not a stormcast.

Because stormcast have a very different style of armor, or she's a stormcast but it's not a sigmarite armor ?!

Anyway i'm more excited about the priestess on the left, she seems very badass and remind me of the firekeeper character in dark souls 3  (or the sword maiden in Goblin Slayer)

0af8817de5f0c4334ce44e4d0d69b2d5.jpg

Well just because we don't see her eyes, and somewhat she looks badass. Also interested by the Wonderer archer who reminds me of Kerrilian in Vermintide. Or maybe she's a kurnothi, i don't see the hooves yet on this picture. Well, we'll see i guess

• Like 3

That character in the front doesn't look like a Stormcast Eternal. Every Stormcast is covered shoulder-to-toe with plate. He/she has breaks in the armor where cloth or leather are showing through--they also don't look as broad or tall as your usual SE. I would pin them as some kind of Order of Azyr knight.

That said, I don't believe GW could help themselves from putting a Stormcast somewhere in here...so it's probably a Stormcast against all logic.

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

It's going to be that vampire all over again :P

Their face looks female to me, mind

Well can very well be, I dunno, let's wait for the official description  xD

I just like it because it might be an early look to a revamp free people faction 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, elfhead said:

the only problem I have with these teasers is that I am now more excited for more elves and the amazing new quest game, while Slaanesh is coming very soon and I was very excited about them

I think this is the issue with GW's current hype cycle. They hype everyone up for army 1, wait a few months and hype dies down, and then hype army 2, release army 1 on lower hype, army 2's hype dies down, army 3 teased, release army 2 ad nauseum.  

I'd personally like them to just tease and release on a shorter period. The Slaanesh models are fantastic (as are the ones teased today), so it's a shame to have their toes trodden on by a new release, same as it's a shame the Lumineth release seems pretty overshadowed by vampire hype.

Personally I've set my mind on Slaanesh, though I'd recommend trying to think ahead to see if you'll still be as excited for Lumineth three months down the line? If so, save up for them or just get both :)

34 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

We still have the cloud mage to be fully shown as well. The trailer at the start of the year showed the Lumineth regent with a red cloth on the mount not blue. With the helmet shown in the alternative build silhouette and red it could be Tyrion? 

D705F66C-E6D3-4ED9-A3F9-03419C8D758C.png

D55B48DF-220C-4F28-AB2C-40AE3FA4C4DA.png

I just compared the silhouette with the revealed mounted character- they are totally different models not alt builds- that could be Tyrion and it would round out the release for Lumineth with a centrepiece box.

That preview was impressive-i expected to see a few more actual models but they teased a whole load more than that. Gobsmacked by the size of the Lumineth release- not my faction but exciting to see a faction get expanded so much- hopefully other factions will get similar attention.

The Vampire Underworlds war band are amazing sculpts - basically a set of vampire heroes in one box, that could be a really impressive range . 

The Cursed City is the most exciting- hoping the Kharadron model is a new type  and really hoping that is a Kurnothi hunter with the Antlers - these two have overrun areas in the cursed city related to their factions. Looking forward to seeing the full range - could be tempted as a collector to pick up the game. 

Looks like lots to come- I think they gave us just enough - its too early to reveal much more ahead of releases- I'm glad to have new content to look out for in the next weeks and months. By the sound of it I think Cursed City isn't that far away so hopefully we will get to see more from it soon. 

Incidentally from the illustrated video the female character beside the "Wolf" seems to be holding the jagged blade from the rumour engine.