The Rumour Thread

It could be that the Lumineth teaser showed both wind temple and river temple models, which would essentially round out the whole range. also, it looks like you're getting a lot of militant models, so it wouldn't be too surprising if Tyrion ends up in the mix as well, to complete the faction. I wouldn't put it past GW to actually put out a full model range for Lumineth, given the clear unified visual and thematic design for the entire range .

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

You realise this is all intentional?

They tease in the preview - they inform in the weekly community pages in the run up toward release. This means that they've got fresh information to give you and  build hype up right before release. There's no point in hyping up the full vampire release with all the information today when its likely 3-4 months away from actual release. What will you do with that information - you can't do much until the full release so it would still leave you frustrated and annoyed at being shown things so far off release. 

This is how GW has operated for years now - tease at previews; drip feed info through the weekly community pages and then speed up as they get nearer to launch. 

GW wants you viewing the community site every day - they want you keeping in the loop and keeping up to date and checking their website and getting tempted to buy other things and read other articles and such. 

This is one way to put it.

But some of us are really tired of this formula. Why bother if those shows tell me nothing? It's like fifth time in a row when I'm disappointed with their "reveals". Don't get me wrong - I love the minus and have them much more than I need but the shows alone are just disappointing.

I'd rather visit warhammer community once a week from now on than wait for another disappointing show.

• Thanks 2

Wow, speechless at those models, they're stunning. Those Vampires are beautiful, all I could ask for. 

And we haven't even seen the Gravelords! The hype train rolls on. 

That Quest box though, holy Emperor and Sigmar, those teased models look Soulsborne af! I can't wait to see the full box. 

Holy ****** what a preview! Eveything looks stunning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

That's why they should present those models that were just silhouettes in the video.

I guess they miss the point of these shows. Instead of keeping some of us hyped, they make us pis**d. 

All of us wait in great anticipation for that show and all we get are more questions instead of answers. I still don't know what models do Lumineth get and how they play. I don't know what kind of release will be Soulblight Vampires. Few units mixed with old death? New faction like Idoneth? When are they going to hurt the stores?

Even Curse City is just a silly teaser that tells almost nothing.

And you know what? They are gonna answer these questions on a random Monday or Wednesday when no one is expecting them to do so. They did that many times in the past. Firstly a weak show keeping people underwhelmed and then out of a sudden 3 weeks later an article on warhammer community revealing units for a certain faction. This show is the time and the place to do that! Not later!

I don’t see the need to show every model now.

no, it might make you pissed, certainly not everyone.

why do you need to know everything about the second wave of Lumineth right now? It’ll come, you can’t buy the models yet, the rules aren’t out yet so what does it matter? Unless you think they should be released straight away too then I don’t know what to say.

Also ‘all of us’ stop projecting your disappointment onto, or speaking for everyone.

Cursed City was a great teaser. Again, why do you want to know all of it now? Should they not show anything until release day?

I like receiving new regular content through the week. I don’t want everything in a release show every couple of months. It’s in their interest to keep people coming back to their sites regularly, and they nail this.

I think you need to temper your expectations friend, especially considering you already seem to understand GWs marketing/release strategy in relation to this stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

This is one way to put it.

But some of us are really tired of this formula. Why bother if those shows tell me nothing? It's like fifth time in a row when I'm disappointed with their "reveals". Don't get me wrong - I love the minus and have them much more than I need but the shows alone are just disappointing.

Eh GW is clearly not going to change the formula. Chances are if none of your armies got a big update in the last 5 reveals then yeah it is a dry time for you; but you've got vampires coming and they'll have at least one more big reveal event for them where I'm sure you'll be happier. 

41 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

image.png.d8ae8c1ee91e74dcc78775f37cb438a7.png

Shovel dude on the right and what seems like a vampire a priest and a knight

The 5th will probably be the big guy himself

Reckon the 4 characters here are a representation of the good/alive city administration team.

Which have subsequently been turned into evil undead monsters. Hence eye patch halberd skeleton and defiled silenthill grave digger, and from rumour engine the ghoul/vampire knight sward arm. Critters and keys might just be the accountant type bottom left.

The fifth undead Character will probably be the wolf pelt king.

Edited by Dracan
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I am beginning to think some of the old Death sculpt updates will be done through the Warhammer Quest Cursed City (New plastic Zombies for instance) and Soulblight Gravelords will just get a Battletome, Endless Spells and a start collecting box like Slaves to Darkness, with a new mounted Vampire Lord, plastic Blood knights and foot troop.

Hope that is not the case while other armies which are just a few months old are getting new second wave releases.

Edited by Infernalslayer

Here is the problem with revealing models months ahead of their release... by the time they come out, no one gives a ****** anymore.

Slaanesh was revealed months ago, isn't even released and has barely been mentioned around here for weeks. The hype is gone.

Not showing all the models for Lumineth when they are probably 2 months away at best, not showing Gravelords when they are probably 4 months out is just sensible and better for everyone.

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm super interested in who the big lad is with the Witch Hunter!! An Ogor or perhaps even an Orruk?

It almost looks too small to be an ogre, but too big to be a dwarf, with the squat-ness of both. I honestly think it could be an Orruk. 

Edited by NotAWzrd

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

You realise this is all intentional?

They tease in the preview - they inform in the weekly community pages in the run up toward release. This means that they've got fresh information to give you and  build hype up right before release. There's no point in hyping up the full vampire release with all the information today when its likely 3-4 months away from actual release. What will you do with that information - you can't do much until the full release so it would still leave you frustrated and annoyed at being shown things so far off release. 

This is how GW has operated for years now - tease at previews; drip feed info through the weekly community pages and then speed up as they get nearer to launch. 

GW wants you viewing the community site every day - they want you keeping in the loop and keeping up to date and checking their website and getting tempted to buy other things and read other articles and such. 

Exactly!

I work in Digital marketing. What GW do is nothing short of amazing really.

Giving you all the information about numerous products in one to, months before releases is pointless.

Even if they did that, it still wouldn’t be enough! They’d still want to know more, they’d still want it all right now.

• Like 2

Just now, mojojojo101 said:

Here is the problem with revealing models months ahead of their release... by the time they come out, no one gives a ****** anymore.

Slaanesh was teased months ago, isn't even released and has barely been mentioned around here for weeks. The hype is gone.

Aye, its not that the hype is totally gone its just that we've already spoken about all we want too. Right now most discussions are either running off at dreamlist tangents or they are repeating themselves. People are in limbo waiting and even new people joining in are encouraged to wait because they can't get the battletome (a new one is only weeks out now) and many of the balance and unit roster changes are bound to shift around; plus they might well also want some of the new models and not just existing ones. 

It's a limbo you can't avoid, but it happens and it won't speed up again until a week or two out from release when GW community articles start focusing on dropping more info on artifacts, rule choices, points, battalions etc.... in the book 

10 new units at least for Lumineth is frankly astonishing. I thought the Hurakan Windchargers and Lord Regent were great, but that fox spirit...hoo boy, it's somehow even better! Lumineth really feel like an excuse for GW's designers to just go nuts with their imagination, yet they somehow all keep a consistent visual theme. Bloody impressive if you ask me. 

The Daughters battletome is a bit of a surprise, not that it's being released but that it's coming out before 3rd Edition. Oh well, I won't complain...especially with those slick endless spells coming alongside it. Releasing at the same time as the new Slaanesh stuff, though? Geedubs, we talked about this, you can't have all my savings before we even get to mid-year, I've got a (furry) family to think of! 

Seriously though, it's a good time to be an AoS fan. Oh, there's even more new Vampires? And a brand new Witch Hunter? Well, you know what they say about peaking early...because I just did. Thanks GW. Take all my money please, and thank you. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dracan said:

Reckon the 4 characters here are a representation of the good/alive city administration team.

Which have subsequently been turned into evil undead monsters. Hence eye patch halberd skeleton and defiled silenthill grave digger, and from rumour engine the ghoul/vampire knight sward arm. Critters and keys might just be the accountant type bottom left.

The fifth undead Character will probably be the wolf pelt king.

Good catch!

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Linked this to Discord and the thumbnail came up as this.

DSNfMUN.jpg

Looks like a noble/Freeguild officer-proxy(?) 
Definitely a Kharadron Edrinrigger.
A Priestess of some sort, maybe a different god to Sigmar (Shalya?)

That face in background  could perhaps be a character too?  Some kind of shaman, or cossack inspired tribesman?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Linked this to Discord and the thumbnail came up as this.

DSNfMUN.jpg

Looks like a noble/Freeguild officer-proxy(?) 
Definitely a Kharadron Edrinrigger.
A Priestess of some sort, maybe a different god to Sigmar (Shalya?)

That priestess is probably Sigmarite, same staff as this rumour engine. Not seeing the big lad there though...

J_h62-ZiS5t~5~Zs.jpg

Interesting thing about the Kharadron character is that they have a weighing scales on their backpack. Eyes always on the profit margin.

Untitled.png.b8bcd7ea24ae02a2e4359f597a2

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Jaskier said:

Releasing at the same time as the new Slaanesh stuff, though? Geedubs, we talked about this, you can't have all my savings before we even get to mid-year, I've got a (furry) family to think of! 

I'm glad I'm not alone!

Though GW are also stinging me in Feb with the new Xenos book from BL which is going to be a nightmare panic one morning to get when it goes live for sale and there's a rush to get it. In a way I'm thankful that the DoK isn't a big second wave like Slaanesh and Lumineth are getting since at least my budget part survives. 

I'm also content that both Slaanesh and Lumineth appear to need the extra model and popularity boost over DoK, who have been a steady selling and popular army for most of 2.0. So let Lumineth get a big second wave with some really fancy stuff; and let Slaanesh get the mortals it needs (esp since Slaanesh went without releases for so long many were thinking it was going to be quietly dropped from the game entirely). Both are a big welcome releases and additions to those armies :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Slaanesh was revealed months ago, isn't even released and has barely been mentioned around here for weeks. The hype is gone.

Not showing all the models for Lumineth when they are probably 2 months away at best, not showing Gravelords when they are probably 4 months out is just sensible and better for everyone.

from a personal standpoint no. It's really good that they show it nice and early. 

It's a time consuming hobby. I was nearing the end of my stormcast project, they showed the Warcry box which became my new project. If I hadn't known that was coming I might have bought 1 or 2 units of a project I would compete with catacombs. 
I reckon I paint 3 or 4 warbands for warcry and then it's on to the next project. If I know Slaanesh is coming, insert obligatory joke about the different meaning of that word,  I'm waiting for those bad boys and painting something from the pile of potential. Now I even know warhammer quest is coming I might decide to save some funds and project time for that instead of Slaanesh. 

Now, that is indeed worse for GW. it keeps me more focussed and makes me spend less. But not caring anymore when they release those models definitely not. 

(On a side note, If they didn't show slaanesh when they did and wait to show until a new release is very close. Then they would have had nothing to show for AoS for over two months. Since morathi in november till the next release in februari. And that's not taking into account the slaanesh models already showing in the warcry books.)

• Like 1