The Rumour Thread

If the models are in the new Warcry books then yep GW will have to show them off this week before everyone sees them formally in the new book this coming weekend (and likely a few days before). So I'd wager not only will we see them but we'll see them on Monday or Tuesday - perhaps Wednesday at the latest. Any point after that the "risk" of leaks is just way too great

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Overread said:

If the models are in the new Warcry books then yep GW will have to show them off this week before everyone sees them formally in the new book this coming weekend (and likely a few days before). So I'd wager not only will we see them but we'll see them on Monday or Tuesday - perhaps Wednesday at the latest. Any point after that the "risk" of leaks is just way too great

Yeah, considering some GWs and LGS give people preordered items a little bit earlier (with deliveries tending to be on Wednesday), I would imagine GW would want to be the first people to break the news about the new models

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I wonder if we're now done for releases for the year with the death guard being delayed. 

🤞

It could mean that some investors panic-drop GW stock, lowering its price. I reeeeeally need to scoop up some more before Covid lockdowns generate strong 1H hobby sales.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

🤞

It could mean that some investors panic-drop GW stock, lowering its price. I reeeeeally need to scoop up some more before Covid lockdowns generate strong 1H hobby sales.

One problem is a lot of the bigger firms that hold GW stock do so mostly because historically GW is a "safe" bet to invest in and being a hobby franchise they will typically do better during economic downturns/recessions than some other firms (when things get bad people look for more distractions). So even with a downturn many of them would likely hold onto the stock. Especially since any short term downturn is likely to, as you say, provide a greater chance to return on investment later. 

Of course a few of the power buyers who just want stock for fast returns might well drop GW if things slow down. 

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

On another tangent now you've brought me back yet again to anthropomorphic animals as a Faction. Khajiit in AOS!!

That would be a fun army to watch! 

I think I remember the beastman in the southern part of the old world were made of different animals like tigers and stuff and also snakemen have been around 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charly2912 said:

That would be a fun army to watch! 

I think I remember the beastman in the southern part of the old world were made of different animals like tigers and stuff and also snakemen have been around 

I'm sure that there was an acuatic-like slaanesh beastmen in the 90s. It could be awesome if the Slaangor champion could be build with a fish/frog/whatever head!!!

• Like 1

@Beliman funnily enough I was looking at that chap just this weekend, here you go...

Have to say i’d love to have been in the GW offices around this time when they sat down to discuss what was the sexiest animal and somehow managed to tie cow & lobster

Realm of Chaos - Surf’n’Turf

61FF256D-B5EA-46DE-ACCB-243D6434C7C8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So firstly let me echo comments of a few other posters: there is plenty of new AOS fiction coming and most of it is much better quality than the first few years of AOS fiction. Josh Reynolds led the way but he's by no means the only writer putting out decent AoS stuff.

Secondly, just back on the vampirates, I know it's a bit tangential but there IS at least some lore evidence of undead coastal monsters that could just maybe, possibly be a tiny hint at vampirates (but probably isn't and is probably just an author having fun) in one of the Idoneth Deepkin shorts: The Ghosts of Khapthar. Pretty sure it has big undead crabs in it!

19 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

So firstly let me echo comments of a few other posters: there is plenty of new AOS fiction coming and most of it is much better quality than the first few years of AOS fiction. Josh Reynolds led the way but he's by no means the only writer putting out decent AoS stuff.

Secondly, just back on the vampirates, I know it's a bit tangential but there IS at least some lore evidence of undead coastal monsters that could just maybe, possibly be a tiny hint at vampirates (but probably isn't and is probably just an author having fun) in one of the Idoneth Deepkin shorts: The Ghosts of Khapthar. Pretty sure it has big undead crabs in it!

We already had rules to play as vampirates within the Wraith Fleet rules (Firestorm)!!!! 
Where is our boy? Varkos Varactyr??? rawr!!!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

@Beliman funnily enough I was looking at that chap just this weekend, here you go...

Have to say i’d love to have been in the GW offices around this time when they sat down to discuss what was the sexiest animal and somehow managed to tie cow & lobster

Realm of Chaos - Surf’n’Turf

61FF256D-B5EA-46DE-ACCB-243D6434C7C8.jpeg

Wow, new Slaanesh models are really great.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, novakai said:

Some weird sun like staff

58FE901F-E48F-4AB9-893A-301DF6F4E7B5.png.870747d2c3ecfe41bc24cd1692a1a090.png

that's the inquisitor=]I[= it would  be weird to use a symbol so synonymous with a 40k faction(being the cover for rule books from the old 54mm inquisitor game, stamped all over the inquisitor army lines from 3rdand 4th edition). the sun icon and were everywhere in the early 00s with gav thorpe's influence. not gonna straight out say that's what it is but it would like seeing a weapon withe the omega symbol turning out not to be ultramarines

4 minutes ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

that's the inquisitor=]I[= it would  be weird to use a symbol so synonymous with a 40k faction(being the cover for rule books from the old 54mm inquisitor game, stamped all over the inquisitor army lines from 3rdand 4th edition). the sun icon and were everywhere in the early 00s with gav thorpe's influence. not gonna straight out say that's what it is but it would like seeing a weapon withe the omega symbol turning out not to be ultramarines

It’s actually the Ecclesiarchy/Ministorum I rather than the Inquisition one. Probably a priest or something with a huge mace.

Photos aren’t working for some reason. Ministorum I has the sun in the middle, Inquisitorial one has horizontal bars. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JPjr said:

I assume one half voted cow, 'just look at the curves!'. One half voted Lobster, 'But that strong claw to take charge with though!'. And then decided, 'well let's do a species hermaphrodite... seems very Slaanesh to me'. 

And then they all went home, slightly ashamed of what they had spent their day discussing.

10 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I assume one half voted cow, 'just look at the curves!'. One half voted Lobster, 'But that strong claw to take charge with though!'. And then decided, 'well let's do a species hermaphrodite... seems very Slaanesh to me'. 

And then they all went home, slightly ashamed of what they had spent their day discussing.

Slanesh and tzeench stuff confuses me, like Nurgle is fairly easy to understand the looks it’s mainly pustules and disease with flys and such. 
Khorne is just bloody more traditional Demons, a bit Diablo looking.

But slaanesh being crab claws and cows confuses me you’d think maybe snakes would make more sense idk. Tzeench is just caw

• Confused 1