The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Isn't it traditional to end Advent's with a slightly bigger gift/chocolate?

If so I think this will all end with the full reveal of the many limbed, pirate sword wielding, Admech pant wearing, Duardin-Primarch Malerion! 

Riding a Thunderhawk.

Although presumably the big reveal will be on Christmas Day ALA Gloomspite. Maybe whatever the not-zombie-thing was?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:27 AM, JackStreicher said:

I think I can see a face looking towards the camera. This might be an optical illusion though!

A764B295-DF67-40BF-8B8A-9F5621B49F21.jpeg

She seems to have a helmet and vampiric armour... maybe she´s a female blood dragon?

EDIT: Well, it can be a male vampire too.

Edited by El Antiguo Guardián

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Riding a Thunderhawk.

Although presumably the big reveal will be on Christmas Day ALA Gloomspite. Maybe whatever the not-zombie-thing was?

I really hope so! I feel like it will be an AOS reveal either way as the next few 40K releases seem locked in. Although, I do hope Drukhari get a massive model overhaul. I am not a 40k player and despite being a fan of Chaos in AOS and Fantasy I think that Xenos need significantly more love. It is literally the most imaginative and interesting part of 40K and gets so little attention. 🤯

41 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

That's a weird way to said Vampires

Clearly you have not been following my deep insider lore!

Spoilers: Malerion is now a Demonprince, Vampirate, Primarch empowered by the the Beard of Grombrindal and he rides his transforming mount Seraphon which looks remarkably like all vehicle rumour engines as chimeric creature that can morph into a golf kart!

Edited by Neverchosen

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Spoilers: Malerion is now a Demonprince, Vampirate, Primarch empowered by the the Beard of Grombrindal and he rides his transforming mount Seraphon which looks remarkably like all vehicle rumour engines as chimeric creature and also golf kart!

Actually, I'll come clean and let everyone know I have the secret early release of the Vampirate Malerion riding the Ulgu Demon Shadow Beast.

20200914_204253.jpg

Vampire_Chaos_Lord_On_Monster-Manticore_CLOSE-UP (1).JPG

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

57 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

forgive my ignorance, but are the warcry boxes typically an ongoing thing like SC sets or limited like battleforces?

Limited but more than battle forces. From the UK store it took several months for Vanguard and Gloomspite to disappear, Nighthaunt took even longer. The last batch instead it’s already gone and lasted what? A month?

2 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Actually, I'll come clean and let everyone know I have the secret early release of the Vampirate Malerion riding the Ulgu Demon Shadow Beast.

20200914_204253.jpg

Vampire_Chaos_Lord_On_Monster-Manticore_CLOSE-UP (1).JPG

Amazing... but aren't you scared of breaking your NDA!? In all seriousness I wish for even a hint of your skill!

1 hour ago, novakai said:

You know with the rose thorn sabre and the vine like hair I am starting to think its Flowery plant blood Knight vampires

I am in the very strange position of not caring for the idea of Vampirates and instead hoping for resplendent knights and noble counts with a blood theme, so I say bring them on. It would be one of the few things to get me to dabble in death!  I really want Grotbag Scuttlers to have a classic pirate theme though!

I am still also curious if we might get a reveal for something else on Xmas like a new Warhammer Quest or maybe an update for Kill Team? Of course it is to early to speculate now but I am just curious what would be along in the production line with COVID and all?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Amazing... but aren't you scared of breaking your NDA!? In all seriousness I wish for even a hint of your skill!

I am in the very strange position of not caring for the idea of Vampirates and instead hoping for resplendent knights and noble counts with a blood theme, so I say bring them on. It would be one of the few things to get me to dabble in death!  I really want Grotbag Scuttlers to have a classic pirate theme though!

I am still also curious if we might get a reveal for something else on Xmas like a new Warhammer Quest or maybe an update for Kill Team? Of course it is to early to speculate now but I am just curious what would be along in the production line with COVID and all?

I'm with ya mate. I would prefer Classic Vampires instead of Vampirates.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

I have a feeling, purely based off the extra models we've seen in the background, the January coin, and the goblin release timing, it will be the rest of the Slaanesh stuff revealed at the end.

Yep, I'm predicting it will be a "Rock the new year in with style with part planner extraordinaire (and extra arms) Slaanesh!" theme, with perhaps a Noise marine or or even Fulgrim tease.

4 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Limited but more than battle forces. From the UK store it took several months for Vanguard and Gloomspite to disappear, Nighthaunt took even longer. The last batch instead it’s already gone and lasted what? A month?

Should note, still available in many independent online stores. 

12 hours ago, willange said:

I've literally never seen an out-of-order advent calendar in my life (U.S.).  Why is it out of order?!

Why are your dates out of order on regular calendars?

According to my laptop, today is 12/02/2020

I keep thinking its February, and I have to Groundhog Day through 2020 again...

• Haha 1

An ordered advent calendar would be rather boring. Hunting for the next day and the finding the double doors on the 24th is a big part of the fun. 

To get back on topic we already have more than 30 unsolved rumour engines. Another 24 seems excessive.  I hope it's not just 24 pictures of the same mini.  Here's hoping we see a boat load of releases next year to make up for the time we missed in 2020. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

Why are your dates out of order on regular calendars?

According to my laptop, today is 12/02/2020

I keep thinking its February, and I have to Groundhog Day through 2020 again...

Well that's in a different order, but still an order nonetheless ;)

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm with ya mate. I would prefer Classic Vampires instead of Vampirates.

While I am pretty okay with the idea of a Vampirate with an undead crew (mostly because I think zombie sailors are cool), I'm thinking this particular vampire will be more of a "rakish" duelist type with some sabres, a billowy white shirt, etc. I definitely do not get Blood Dragon vibes for the silhouette though, the weapons are too renaissance, and not medieval enough in style.  I guess we'll know in a few months.

• LOVE IT! 1