The Rumour Thread

On 11/8/2020 at 7:36 PM, Gothmaug said:

6 hours ago, alghero81 said:

No comments on Zoats appearing in Total War Warhammer? That’s definitely their year!!!

Can anyone explain a bit to me about these zoats?.....I have collected warhammer fantasy into aos for 20 years and have only heard about these recently (with the new 40k and bloodbowl models). I never imagined they would have anything to do with wood elves....or did I just manage to avoid them in my WFB days?

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It does come infested with yet another Skaven update. Except for Skaven and Wood Elf players, I expect the game to be worse after its release.

Nah man,

skaven are the best most interesting race in the 13mortal realms.

no reason to ever stop with them getting new stuff.

Clearly they were meant for something much-much greater then the hated storm-things will ever get 

ps: considering that this is a dlc featuring clan moulder, there might not be any more skaven dlcs, at least not for total war warhammer 2. 

• Like 3

GW needs to release the "errant questor" globally for everybody who wants it. There is no reason it is still exclusive, it's been years.

Also it would be nice to get new freeguild models and when I say new, I mean resculpt ALL the old stuff.   And add other races to the freeguild, as  they talk about races joining the guilds that are not aelfs , dwarfs or ogers. 

23 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Can anyone explain a bit to me about these zoats?.....I have collected warhammer fantasy into aos for 20 years and have only heard about these recently (with the new 40k and bloodbowl models). I never imagined they would have anything to do with wood elves....or did I just manage to avoid them in my WFB days?

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Zoats

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nah man,

skaven are the best most interesting race in the 13mortal realms.

no reason to ever stop with them getting new stuff.

Clearly they were meant for something much-much greater then the hated storm-things will ever get 

ps: considering that this is a dlc featuring clan moulder, there might not be any more skaven dlcs, at least not for total war warhammer 2. 

Dealing with Skaven is just such a chore, whack a mole on the campaign map, seemingly limitless summons and warp bombs on the battlefield. Now they did lack mass and mobility, which this DLC gives them.

Meanwhile Vortex is still missing quite a few factions, and they need some love.

• Confused 1

Honestly the history of zoats in WHFB is interesting enough - ancient and reptilian, like dragons or dragon ogres, possibly pre-dating the arrival of the old ones - but it's their parallel history in 40k as something not less mysterious that really makes them cool. Having two new zoat models and a video game appearance in the space of a year is an unprecedented glut of riches. More than they got in the past thirty-odd years.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Honestly the history of zoats in WHFB is interesting enough - ancient and reptilian, like dragons or dragon ogres, possibly pre-dating the arrival of the old ones - but it's their parallel history in 40k as something not less mysterious that really makes them cool. Having two new zoat models and a video game appearance in the space of a year is an unprecedented glut of riches. More than they got in the past thirty-odd years.

Yeah they have this strangeness in 40k associated with Tyranids and yet in Fantasy they are with the Wood elves. Cool in both settings.. would love them to be more available in both settings. 

This seems very Slaaneshi and it has a lot that reminds me of Sigvald. The eleborate sword that can be seen in te silhouette and the shapes in the armour.

I’m really looking forward to this preview. I’ve been creating my own slaaneshi elves for a while now and that project feels complete. But I still love me some Slaanesh. I’m really hoping we’ll see a lot more Slaanesh mortals. The current daemon design doesn’t really speak to me but these mortal designs are amazing.