The Rumour Thread

Hey guys, this is my first post 😃

I've only been back into the hobby for a few months but so excited about everything coming up, especially the Lord of Pain. How likely is it that I will be able to pick up this model on it's own, I have plenty of the other Slaanesh stuff in the S&P box. Do GW release individual models from boxes like this - eBay maybe? Thanks.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Irvy said:

I've only been back into the hobby for a few months but so excited about everything coming up, especially the Lord of Pain. How likely is it that I will be able to pick up this model on it's own, I have plenty of the other Slaanesh stuff in the S&P box. Do GW release individual models from boxes like this - eBay maybe? Thanks.

Yes you will likely be able to pick up the Lord of Pain by himself at a later date. How long that wait may be, who knows.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Irvy said:

He will probably get released on his own, but that could be a long wait (the hero from Looncurse took about 6 months. There were heroes that took even longer). You'll probably be able to find them on ebay/miniswap/whatever but expect to pay a premium. 

Edited by jaWn
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Irvy said:

The models will certainly get individual release, but it might be up to a year before that point (its very variable - some are fast some are slow). Ebay will typically get split kits up for sale, however how many depends greatly on how many GW make and sell and also what your local ebay (national) is like supply wise. If there's a lot of supply and low demand the prices can be very cheap (cheaper than direct from GW); if there is limited stock and lots of demand then the price can spike high - esp if the retail of the boxed set sells out so there's no "fresh stock". 

Of course its not just resellers; a lot of people will only want half the box so you might well get them cheaper on their own or as a "half set" with all the rest. Again price will vary depending on supply and demand. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I think if the price is correct above I will just go for the whole S&P box - you can never have enough plastic, right? I've already built up a decent sized pile in a few months...

Is there any date on when the Slaanesh Diachasm models will be out? They look so sick.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I would enjoy such things with care. There are different teams working on AoS which don´t communicate much. It could be that one day we receive a new bundled kit and the week after the models are taken out of range. CoS and Mercenaries were an worst case example: GW Provided a brand new battalion for Cannons and Ironwelds only for the models to be removed from the game a quite short time afterwards.

This is why I have trust issues 😞

• Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/02/broken-realms-rise-of-the-shadow-queen/

Really interesting here how Idolaters and Gresh's Iron Reapers are in the Idoneth Deepkin section. Some kind of alliance of convenience, maybe some Deepkin falling to chaos? Maybe the battalions have some IDK/StD crossover? Seems doubtful it would be a typo.

Just now, Lhurgoyf said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/02/broken-realms-rise-of-the-shadow-queen/

Really interesting here how Idolaters and Gresh's Iron Reapers are in the Idoneth Deepkin section. Some kind of alliance of convenience, maybe some Deepkin falling to chaos? Maybe the battalions have some IDK/StD crossover? Seems doubtful it would be a typo.

It's more likely a formatting error on that preview contents page (which isn't the actual contents page) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

This is why I have trust issues 😞

Also, the Pistoleers one had a General that mandated options no longer on the warscroll.

But then, the whole of mercenaries was removed after a year.

I hope Fall of Anvilgard doesn't mean the removal of that subfaction.

• LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Also, the Pistoleers one had a General that mandated options no longer on the warscroll.

I mean, Cadia fell in 40K, and the Imperium still seems to have an unlimited supply of Cadians, so you're Anvilguard troops will probably be fine even if the city isn't!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Oh no.

I have generally the worst luck what it comes to armies - I am an old Bretonnia player - so if I purchase anything you can bet it to be squatted.

20 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Oh no.

I have generally the worst luck what it comes to armies - I am an old Bretonnia player - so if I purchase anything you can bet it to be squatted.

I am about as doubtful as they come for the survival of CoS as a whole, but I don't think they'll write one subfaction out of the rules because some story happened.

32 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Cubicle7 just released a City Guide for Soulbound today and they worked closely with GW on this one. I doubt they will complety remove the City right after providing so much content. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Indeed Sir ❤️:D

Honestly so happy about it, the fact that we are also going to get a few of these books in the coming months blows my mind if they keep up with this amount of Narrative content.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

i don't think the CoS going to be necessary be squatted but I could see a lot of the range being replaced or repurpose for newer armies only because of what they did with the High elf range when Lumineath  came in. I though them retiring the High elf range right then and there was really telling of their plans at the time.

like what the point of keeping Wanderers around if your going to make Kurnothi in the future  (at least put the Wild riders into Kurnothi when it happens GW)

50 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly so happy about it, the fact that we are also going to get a few of these books in the coming blows my mind if they keep up with this amount of Narrative content.

Don't get too excited. I have more faith in AoS' writing team to push the narrative forward in new and interesting directions, but Psychic Awakening hype was hilariously overblown (GW comparing it with the 13th Black Crusade and I think even the Heresy) when all we actually got were basically stretched out versions of those small 'timeline paragraphs' they include several pages of.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Cubicle7 just released a City Guide for Soulbound today and they worked closely with GW on this one. I doubt they will complety remove the City right after providing so much content. 

You haven’t read the last page of the city guide?  

(just kidding, Edit: ughh and XKing beat me too it)

Edited by LuminethMage

2 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

You haven’t read the last page of the city guide?  

(just kidding, Edit: ughh and XKing beat me too it)

I just send him a DM because I feard they were implying something like this haha 

I read some parts of it and I quite like it. A bit less meat than the Brightspear one but still great. The writing really nails the atmosphere of the place and there is some great artwork giving an overview what the full city looks like (instead of the small piece we got in the CoS battletome). 

I just started an Anvilgard force and this and Broken Realms gives me a lot of motivation right now! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1