The Rumour Thread

Not trying to steer the topic in another direction, but about the prices situation, i think this time was diferent.

There is usually a comotion on every price hike but this time i had a diferent feel about it. Like as it reached the limit for a lot of people, i dont know.  Maybe is because of the pandemic, or the fact that my local currency became worthless over the last year, but the amount of stuff people were buying was really reduced and even people on the hype for the latest releases bought less/ didnt buy.

Maybe it is because i was priced out, maybe not but  i think the reactions were diferent this time around.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Maybe that is GW's new pricing strategy. Come out with something very expensive, make everyone upset that things are getting more and more expensive and then BOOM, a new set of releases that makes us thankful that GW prices now seem affordable 😂

Doesn’t mean everyone buys Gargants now 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Not trying to steer the topic in another direction, but about the prices situation, i think this time was diferent.

There is usually a comotion on every price hike but this time i had a diferent feel about it. Like as it reached the limit for a lot of people, i dont know.  Maybe is because of the pandemic, or the fact that my local currency became worthless over the last year, but the amount of stuff people were buying was really reduced and even people on the hype for the latest releases bought less/ didnt buy.

Maybe it is because i was priced out, maybe not but  i think the reactions were diferent this time around.

GW have had record sales over the pandemic. It's been a big boon for them.

48 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Maybe that is GW's new pricing strategy. Come out with something very expensive, make everyone upset that things are getting more and more expensive and then BOOM, a new set of releases that makes us thankful that GW prices now seem affordable 😂

Actually this might even be true and I thought about this this morning xD

These prices are great and also a bad news.

After 3 years buying and building my citys of sigmar finnally i had all my 2300 points built and rdy to paint(also only gotrek in my pile of shame that gonna be build soon) but now i gonna order the next week this black dragon box and as allways i need get to 100€ for free shipping in my regular web so im getting also a box of hammerers and pistoliers.......allways the same,im a slow builder(50 real time hours to build the hurricanum that took me two weeks) and everytime that im close to finish my pile of shame i must get more boxes due to battleforces or any new disscount boxes lol

Btw we know if this bugman gonna be plastic or finecast as the others special christmass heros?if he is plastic i  guess i gonna get him and use him as any city hero

So, looking at the table of contents, this books seems to be more than half background and narrative, at 71 pages, with the remaining 49 going to rules content. That's promising!

By comparison the 40k Psychic Awakening books tended towards roughly 20 pages of (shallow, indifferent) background and then another 60-odd pages of rules and traits. I like what this suggests, something closer to the abandoned Vigilus-style books.

UgSjXpiMy8RFnPb8.jpg

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

It's a pain we can't tell which are battalions and which might be new/updated models for DoK. 

Zainthar Kai
Vyperic Guard
Scathcoven
Shrine Brood
Morathi-Khaine
The Shadow Queen

The last two likely relate just to Morathi. I'm surprised we don't see the Shadow models form the Warcry set in there, nor do we see the Underworld team nor the new leader from Shadow and Pain. That said any one of those could be an update to regular models or something new and shiny that we've not seen and GW are teasing us with. Or they could just be battalions (which are neat, but not as exciting by far). 

hmm i wonder if Morathi-Khaine is the new name for her transform self, probably 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's a pain we can't tell which are battalions and which might be new/updated models for DoK. 

Zainthar Kai
Vyperic Guard
Scathcoven
Shrine Brood
Morathi-Khaine
The Shadow Queen

The last two likely relate just to Morathi. I'm surprised we don't see the Shadow models form the Warcry set in there, nor do we see the Underworld team. That said any one of those could be an update to regular models or something new and shiny that we've not seen and GW are teasing us with. Or they could just be battalions (which are neat, but not as exciting by far). 

Zainthar Kai is the new temple, the next three are battalions and the last two are Morathi, i believe as stated by the website

Edit: they also not as strict and been pretty lax when it comes to underworld models in battletome, Warcry set may also be the case here too

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I saw that and rolled my eyes because judging by the rest of the article, it is 99% likely a printing error...

Not exactly printing. Those pictures are never scans of actual pages. Hammerhal warcry rule spoiler had a word missing but it was printed without that mistake.

Edited by michu

25 minutes ago, michu said:

EDIT: Oh, one of battleplans is named Fall of Anvilgard. Not good...

Fret not, GW is nothing but consistent - there was a chapter in the End Times: Nurgle called 'The Fall of Altdorf', that climaxed in Altdorf not being destroyed at all.

...only to get destroyed off screen by skaven a couple of books later. Yeah, you guys are screwed. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

Fret not, GW is nothing but consistent - there was a chapter in the End Times: Nurgle called 'The Fall of Altdorf', that climaxed in Altdorf not being destroyed at all.

...only to get destroyed off screen by skaven a couple of books later. Yeah, you guys are screwed. 😬

atleast my Louen got a fitting ending there. Sadly Jerod never came back from the haven

• Like 1