The Rumour Thread

18 hours ago, Overread said:

Also for AoS there are far fewer unit divisions than 40K so there's less room to squeeze in unit and army concepts without creating too many double units and units that are flat out better than others in all respects. 

This is nonsense.  What you are saying is that just because the actual category doesn't exist in AoS, that it would be impossible to duplicate a particular unit's battlefield role.  

In other words, just because a unit of fast-moving cavalry isn't called "Fast Attack" in AoS, doesn't mean that it doesn't fulfil the same tabletop role that an equivalent unit would do in 40k.

The same amount of unit design space exists in AoS as in 40k, despite AoS's fewer army list construction categories.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

This is nonsense.  What you are saying is that just because the actual category doesn't exist in AoS, that it would be impossible to duplicate a particular unit's battlefield role.  

In other words, just because a unit of fast-moving cavalry isn't called "Fast Attack" in AoS, doesn't mean that it doesn't fulfil the same tabletop role that an equivalent unit would do in 40k.

The same amount of unit design space exists in AoS as in 40k, despite AoS's fewer army list construction categories.

It's not the categories but what they do and how they relate to each other. I'm thinking more along the lines of how in AoS there isn't really anything like a dedicated flying unit with dedicated anti-air units. Whilst in 40K you've got just such a division. This creates two niches within the game for models specific to specific roles that create and rely on each other. In AoS you've far less division and most of the time its just variation in unit saves - a monstrous creature doesn't require specific counters to it, instead its just a big thing with more hit points and an armour save. 

It's not the classification of the divisions its the very nature of the divisions themselves. 

23 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

This is the last thing we need.

Stormcast already have 30x units then all of the other factions together.

99% of the AOS players would be thankful if the Stormcast don't get anything new for the next 10 years. Just updating the books for the other factions is not cutting it.

Stormcast sell well and are the poster boys of AOS so they will be updated. I will eat my shoe if only 1% of players use Stormcast. Its probably more like 50% of people have some from starter sets and at least 25% of all players might be stormcast (tournament entries are not representative of the player base). Look at these forums for example. Over 7,500 posts on the main stormcast AOS 2.0 board alone which is more than FEC, HOS, and DOK put together and they are the tournament hotness. 

If the ratios were lower it also wouldn't be in their interest to release all the unique stormcast characters. 

You might hate them or be annoyed that your army wont get the same focus but Stormcast will get regular updates pretty much forever just like Space marines. 

• Like 2

I'm guessing that tomorrow's reveals might be teasers considering that there's a big reveal event in the New Years too. So I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Would make sense to do several big teasers tomorrow with subtle hints and then on the New Years even do a BIG reveal. 

Also news - Duncan "Two Thin Coats" Rhodes is leaving GW! 
Confirmed on his own twitter https://twitter.com/WHTV_Dunc?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

A shame indeed as of all their painting tutorial staff I found him to be the one with the method that I understood the best and I think he naturally performs for the camera very well and clearly. He's also one of those staff who clearly loves his Warhammer and Knights which easily comes through on the videos. Hoping that this is him getting to move forward in life toward bigger and greater things!

• Sad 9

53 minutes ago, Overread said:

Also news - Duncan "Two Thin Coats" Rhodes is leaving GW! 
Confirmed on his own twitter https://twitter.com/WHTV_Dunc?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

A shame indeed as of all their painting tutorial staff I found him to be the one with the method that I understood the best and I think he naturally performs for the camera very well and clearly. He's also one of those staff who clearly loves his Warhammer and Knights which easily comes through on the videos. Hoping that this is him getting to move forward in life toward bigger and greater things!

This sucks - such a sympathetic guy and the vids with him were great. Best of luck to him but it's sad to see him go.