The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

Written like that it does not seem to be the same as "they cancel each other out" (i.e. the unit fights during the normal sequence). It is in fact saying that one of these will prevail (the unit fights last)

It was about those "give -1 to hit", "give +1 to hit" and other similar abilities. They will cancel each other out, like +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters in MtG.

6 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Written like that it does not seem to be the same as "they cancel each other out" (i.e. the unit fights during the normal sequence). It is in fact saying that one of these will prevail (the unit fights last)

That's what I understand too.

The last "strike first" or "strike last" ability that is going to buff/debuff the unit is the one that is going to be applied. Ignore the others (if any).

Edited by Beliman

Yes those idk reductions are nice but wont change anything.

Melee avatar as beast stick is still waaay overpriced if u compare him to others beasts like manglers.

Mage one.... Cant even start comparing him to verminlords and keepers, even at same points ( less than 300) he would be worse.

Turtle one is the only fun change, still they need to change his aura to +1 save, since the actual one is useless. Idk allready have cover turn1, and they will be charging on t2 making it 100% useless, and on reversetide list yes, they could gain cover on t1 if u arent first, thats all. Since idk will be charging on t1 being able to run and charge.

And statswise it is still bad for 300+

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Overread said:

Quite a big change for the Avatar and a nice one for the Stalkers. 

I'm really happy about it. Avatars at 180, that can't even activate without a die roll, was awful. Now I can feel a lot better about running one! I'm glad the Stalkers came down too---I've constantly railed on them for being statistically dreadful...which is still true, but if you're going for the big snake battalion then your tax has gone down drastically.

19 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I haven't seen the wording on the new rule. I was referring to 1) the new  wording on rules, such as in the slaanesh battletome  that states the abilities cancel out and 2) I think the previous faq for itchy nuisance which advised that the two abilities cancel out. 

If they've changed it again that causes all sorts of problems. For example when is a battle trait applied? If I use a spell to make idoneth fight last does it take precedence over the trait? Or is the trait persisting? Does the trait apply the effect on set up or at the start of a phase? 

Or for the daemon prince warscroll. What takes precedence? The warscroll permanent trait or the ability? 

The two cancelling each other out had seemed to resolve this issue for good. 

39 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

He's not really viable competitively. You have no way to get cast bonuses so your spells get shut off, plus all the lore spells have fairly ****** ranges. He also doesn't do much damage in combat and lacks any defense against mortal wounds. If you compare him to a similar cost wizard, such as a keeper of secrets or vermin lord warpseer he is terrible. 

That said these point changes definitely help the more casual idoneth lists a lot. 

You couldn't be more wrong. I've used Sea for quite some time in heavily competitive community. Won 1 dayer with ETC players in in and went 4-1 in big two dayer beating Skaven, Fyreslayers, Tyrants of Blood. 

1) you got one re-roll to cast which is better then +1 to cast 

2) you got possible re-rolls through rituals 

3) short ranges doesn't mean much when you can Steed of Tide him and blast some spells. 

4) you can use Cloud of Midnight to keep him out of harm's way and then teleport out of combat with Steed of Tides. 

Warpseer is now 320 and Sea at 380 isn't worse. 

Sure playing with him takes a lot of practice and has narrow margin of error, but he can be used in hugely competitive community with ease. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I haven't seen the wording on the new rule. I was referring to 1) the new  wording on rules, such as in the slaanesh battletome  that states the abilities cancel out and 2) I think the previous faq for itchy nuisance which advised that the two abilities cancel out. 

If they've changed it again that causes all sorts of problems. For example when is a battle trait applied? If I use a spell to make idoneth fight last does it take precedence over the trait? Or is the trait persisting? Does the trait apply the effect on set up or at the start of a phase? 

Or for the daemon prince warscroll. What takes precedence? The warscroll permanent trait or the ability? 

The two cancelling each other out had seemed to resolve this issue for good. 

From what I’ve read the example is locus of diversion and Smashin and bashin.

This is not a fight first vs fight last example, it is a fight last vs fight immediately after something else has happened. Which I think people would still play, it’s certainly how I’ve played the tyrants of blood rip when effected by fight last.

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

By the will of the Great Horned Rat skaven are now in 40K!

At least according to the FAQ document. 

20 point hikes across the board for some Wizards\VL's mostly... no points change to Monks or Stormvermin which I probably should've expected. Fiends can only be taken in a max unit of 6 which.. I find to be an odd change? I know 1x9 was doing well but to change the max size like that seems weird.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Oceanic_Eyes said:

You can see the Beasts of Chaos changes if you go on English and sort by Z-A

The standouts to me are Doombulls for 100, Bulgors 140.

Interesting. Bulgors are still pretty bad for their points costs... Hitting on 4's with low attacks and horrible save and no change to their ability to capture objectives like mawtribes. The doombull is now a very legitimate option to spam though. Not bad combat profile and decent ability. 

44 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

I mean people say this, but last year at LVO i did very well with one in my list.  Top 20 in a 130 player event is non-competitive now?

No unless you win every tournament every single time someone will claim it's not competitive ;) 

3 minutes ago, TheCovenLord said:

no change to their ability to capture objectives like mawtribes

Personally hope they don't give every bigger model such rules. Same with other thematic rules. (for example, double bravery bonus for Skaven, Nighthaunt being ethereal, the tides rules)  Keeps factions unique. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Big props to GW for being willing to replace the Plague Monks warscroll. It needed to be reworked. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the new scroll is up yet, at least not in the US. Will be interesting to see what it does. I'm pretty glad I didn't spend the last 3 months building and painting my Skaventide list though as it's probably unusable now!

5 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

20 point hikes across the board for some Wizards\VL's mostly... no points change to Monks or Stormvermin which I probably should've expected. Fiends can only be taken in a max unit of 6 which.. I find to be an odd change? I know 1x9 was doing well but to change the max size like that seems weird.

Well I konda was hoping for a very small pointdrop for the stormvermins and a huge one for all the unused battaillons

but I guess this has to do

8 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Personally hope they don't give every bigger model such rules. Same with other thematic rules. (for example, double bravery bonus for Skaven, Nighthaunt being ethereal, the tides rules)  Keeps factions unique. 

? This is kind of a confusing statement to make. So you prefer that a whole sub-faction (with bulgors being battleline in warherds and a whole set of rules to make them playable as pure warherds) stay completely non-viable for ? Flavor? I don't even understand the rationale to be honest. They are battleline and can be taken as battleline and thus need to be able to compete as battleline. 

Are you approaching this as if they are just elite units with others (gors/ungors) within an army? Because warherds (and other elite) armies would like some words with you....

Edited by TheCovenLord

11 minutes ago, DarrinTheOccult said:

I can't find Skaven FAQ, where have you seen it?

Sort by Z-A and look under any of the non-AoS headers on the FAQ page :P 

Edit: Looks like they fixed it, maybe? It keeps popping in and out of existence randomly (how Skaven of them!)

Edited by relic456
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I konda was hoping for a very small pointdrop for the stormvermins and a huge one for all the unused battaillons

but I guess this has to do

I think we all were but.. I expect mixed results from GW 😉

For all we know, they could've absolutely butchered the Plague Monk scroll, making Stormvermin a better choice... but not for me as I think I would rather spend the points in shooting by then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swarmofseals said:

Also want to say that I am very much not impressed by the rollout of these faqs. How hard is it to get them all out at the same time in all of the languages? It's so weird that we have a random smattering of them available scattered across a bunch of different languages. 

They're playing with us 😢

1 minute ago, swarmofseals said:

Also want to say that I am very much not impressed by the rollout of these faqs. How hard is it to get them all out at the same time in all of the languages? It's so weird that we have a random smattering of them available scattered across a bunch of different languages. 

Pushing a batch update would be the normal thing to do.  Not sure what they are doing.  Maybe they are afraid of ****** up the site, but they should have a development test server for that...