The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Karragon said:

Just a couple of things from the reveal seminar. 

• The chaos cat giraffe is on a 90mm base
  • Everything in the new SC STD is push fit with a variety of heads
  • STD is still god mark-able
  • Slayer of kings is rend -2
  • The cheer for the STD video was very loud

On the positive side of the models being push fit to start off, that should mean the box is cheaper.

Right? Right? Bueller?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, novakai said:

not sure if it a cause for concern but Fimir warrior are "no longer available" on the Forgeworld US webstore

the Noble is still in stock and they are still available on the other region webstore browser however, so not sure.

I can still see the Warriors in the few regions I tried (i.e. Rest of the World, Ireland, etc.)

1 hour ago, Austin said:

On the positive side of the models being push fit to start off, that should mean the box is cheaper.

Right? Right? Bueller?

Yeah hints for pricing suggest it's in the low end of price for SC boxes, so that's good. As long as they release non push fit units later then I'll be perfectly happy but if they try to pull a chainrasp again I'll be really disappointed.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it push fit makes a lot of sense for this SC. Given the typical pricing for heavy infantry, cavalry and a mounted lord model, this would have been a massive savings. The push fit is likely GW trying to give value while also discouraging people from just buying 3 or 4 of them at once. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

Pushfit won't stop people getting 3 or 4 or more. It's likely more to lower costs and complexity of the kit and make it more accessible to new players (which is a BIG thing for GW - they want and need new blood - esp in these difficult time when the digital market has dominated the toy and hobby sector for teens)

GW knows full well their core of fans will certainly get several of these kits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Right? Right? Bueller?

Leak said $95 USD which is cheaper than the new CoS boxes ($100) and more expensive than the current StD box ($90). We're basically swapping out a Chaos Sorcerer Lord, a Chaos Chariot, and 2 Chaos Warriors for all new sculpts and the new mounted Chaos Lord, for $5. To me that does seem like a pretty good deal, but yeah don't quite love push-fit. Let's hope it's like the Sequitors which have a push-fit SKU and a normal plastic SKU 

Edited by smartazjb0y

Has there been a release more universally praised than this one? I am yet to see a negative comment (besides non-related comments like "Where's Seraphon?!", etc.).

I remember people being really excited when the DoK trailer was revealed and Gloomspite were extremely well-received, but this is another level.

From a business point of view, I am not sure this wasn't a bit too soon. They feel like they have stolen the thunder of the Bonereapers in a big way. I can almost hear the frantic mass clicking of cancelled pre-orders.

Edit: Actually, a few people have said they don't like the book's cover, and I agree with that. Hardly a deal-breaker though, lol

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

From a business point of view, I am not sure this wasn't a bit too soon. They feel like they have stolen the thunder of the Bonereapers in a big way. I can almost hear the frantic mass clicking of cancelled pre-orders.

I was very tempted by bone reapers, but honestly the new StD caused me to decide not to. I love chaos and have odds and ends of all the gods, as well as a full Tzeentch army. It would be awesome if a more mortal based Tzeentch became viable.

5 hours ago, Austin said:

Right? Right? Bueller?

Why would they be? I remember when plastic terminators first came out and were not cheaper than the metal set.

Outrage!

We got calls in Customer Service at the time asking why the plastic ones were the price they were. Our manager at the time coached us to respond with "Why is that the price for terminators?"

The callers would then usually say something like "the plastic terminators."

We would say "Right. The terminators. That's the box. That's the price for them."

The point is, plastic, metal, whatever. Terminators. 

So, why should push fit warriors be cheaper? They are still warriors. Heck, if anything, they should cost more since you don't have to do so much work on your own to get them on the table.

3 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

So, why should push fit warriors be cheaper? They are still warriors. Heck, if anything, they should cost more since you don't have to do so much work on your own to get them on the table.

Well generally there's less customization with push-fit, and the one case we have so far of GW selling both push-fit and regular, the push-fit ones ARE cheaper. Push-fit Sequitors come out to $5 a model ($15 for 3) and normal Sequitors come out to $6 a model ($60 for 10).

9 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Why would they be? I remember when plastic terminators first came out and were not cheaper than the metal set.

Outrage!

We got calls in Customer Service at the time asking why the plastic ones were the price they were. Our manager at the time coached us to respond with "Why is that the price for terminators?"

The callers would then usually say something like "the plastic terminators."

We would say "Right. The terminators. That's the box. That's the price for them."

The point is, plastic, metal, whatever. Terminators. 

Because they are an inferior version of a product? Warhammer products: Built them yourself, with options, paint them yourself.

Starter set-like miniatures are a good thing, but to fill the spot they were designed to fullfill. Trying to defend starter set miniatures to cost more than proper multipart sprues or just as much is next level.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Galas said:

Because they are an inferior version of a product?

🤷‍♂️

We disagree I suppose. I find single part metal models to be the best, and since we are in the plastic age now, I like it when my models get as close to that Golden Era as possible and take less time to cut off sprues, scrape lines, mess up gluing, etc.

Difference of opinion.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

🤷‍♂️

We disagree I suppose. I find single part metal models to be the best, and since we are in the plastic age now, I like it when my models get as close to that Golden Era as possible and take less time to cut off sprues, scrape lines, mess up gluing, etc.

Difference of opinion.

Each to their own I guess. Push-fit just makes it hard to make adjustments to your models that you find more aesthetically pleasing.  

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

🤷‍♂️

Difference of opinion.

We differ in opinion. My favourite boxes are Greatswords, Demigryphs, Pistoleers and Karl Franz, for the sheer amount of options they bring. Not just for those sets, but for others as well.

I also found that pushfit models still need glueing and scraping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nubl0 said:

I have a horrible feeling we won’t be getting a multi part chaos warrior kit...

Don’t you say these things!

Although honestly if we dont at least we have something.  I would particularly be sad about no great weapon option.

The fact that the battletome is coming now does make me wonder if there will be a multipart kit. You would have thought the chance to sell a load of multipart new chaos units would be when their new book is launching. 

I suspect we may get the SC set released as separate boxes, but the same models, at somepoint in 2020.

So hope you like monopose.