The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Tankman said:

My out there theory is zombie/deathrattle ogres will be the new death faction.  The pact of bones that was broken was an agreement not reanimate dead ogres.  This could give death a purely elite focused faction which they currently lack.

This does make sense in some kind of way. And it would explain why some people mentioned mongolian themes in the trailer. And it would be pretty cool if there were undead ogors. There are normal Ogors, Chaos Ogor, so why not Death Ogors?

Maybe the first AoS models which can be build for two different Grand Alliances. 😛 You get a box with different parts and you can choose to build normal Ogors or Death Ogors, depending on which parts you select. 

This would be really cool. Ok I might be fantasizing too much. 😄  But the Stonehorn already looks half undead. 😄 

Edited by Infeston

40 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Maybe the first AoS models which can be build for two different Grand Alliances.

Nope. The only and true actual dual alliances kit , which also will be my next purchase because I love this form facto (tall on the table) is the Giant - gargant - !!

I don't see dead ogor. But I can imagine another elite unit to accompany another fantastic kit, the  Morghasts. Amazing kit but a bit annoying to assemble.

Also, you can build an elite edath army around them (and naguy boy) or arkham. I agree that the choice is quite poor though (morghast, arkham, some heros, vargheist, behemoth...). But it exists.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:39 PM, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Idk, considering the most recent new models (not counting single heroes and terrain/endless spells) before this were for Slannesh, and we've got Warcry going on now, plus 40k got a bunch of Chaos and Chaos Knights, I think getting StD next would be a little bit overkill and demoralize non-Chaos fans of the game. It is better to mix stuff in-between IMO. 

I disagree heavily with this.  All 12 of us Slaves players have been waiting for a Battletome since they started releasing them.  Do you know what's really demoralizing?  Time and time again, GW has continued to shaft us without any form of decent rules and our faction plays like a joke.  I'm not saying that they shouldn't have shown off the new Orruk and Cities Battletomes.  I'm saying that Slaves really really needs something to be even playable at this stage.

You have to remember that so many armies got Version 1 Battletomes.  Slaves and Ogre Kingdoms didn't.  The only faction other I feel for is the Ogre Kingdoms, and hopefully they will receive some love soon too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thing is loads of factions got shafted. 

Traditional Dwarves and Men have had nothing for as long as Slaves to darkness; whilst the majority of the Aelves are in the same boat (Idoneth were brand new whilst Daughters of Khaine only uses a few kits). Slaves are by no means alone; they are just suffering like many others due to AoS having a very bumpy start in life. 

That siad I think the signs are stronger and stronger that we'll see Slaves this year! If not Slaves then at teh very least Tzeentch. 

Edit - heck lets not forget Slaanesh had gone so long many were wondering if the God was going to be "Squatted" since the Dark Prince was captured and no new battletome/codex nor models had been release for either AoS or 40K for years and years. Heck still running around with the small Greater Demon when all the other Gods (including the "new" skaven dark god) had huge multi-purpose plastic kits. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 3

They don't have the time to release some specific NEW  army for humans, elves, dwarves. But they CAN'T miss the opportunity to sell to a very large customer base who want the classic fantasy army into AoS system. So, they did the big bible of soup with the upcoming Cities of Sigmar including all remaining Order classic factions: human, dwarf, elf.

But I think that there will be many good things in it btw.

• Like 1

Look! Only the Mighty Archibald is truly ready for combat against the vile worshippers of dark gods!

Also I'm pretty sure they are not hinting at Slave;s they are hinting at HERO MAN the series!

Edited by Overread
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I would expect Slaves to Darkness to be a big release next year, bringing Archaon back into the narrative and hopefully building on all the warcry designs to make something truly awesome. I think its fair theyre basically the last faction to get updated as to be fair theyve had new rules x3 for khorne, +1 for nurgle tzeentch and slaanesh AND had allegiance abilities in the GHB for 3 years. Ive enjoyed playing mine using these various rule sets and im not really fussed about having to wait a bit longer, i have plenty of stuff to paint and play in the meantime!

• Like 1

Saw this post on Facebook and went to check for myself. Its an excerpt from Forbidden Power about Lake Lethis, the place where that being that was released was being stored. Thought it was interesting in context with the ziggurat looking buildings shown in the tithe of bones trailer which the speaker implies is his homeland,  the recent rumor engine pic, and the rumors of Tomb Kings. "ziggurats of dully gleaming gold marked by indecipherable heiroglyphs", huh?

Gold Ziggurats.PNG

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JackdawGin said:

This is actually a stealth announcement for Hero Man, a new faction of only  one model.

It's a stealth announcement  of darkoath ;)

I mean it's all there.

I want to believe!

Edited by Sete

25 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Ya'll think we're going to get a whole 'nother week of Warcry articles? Because I'm kind of over it and just want it in my hands already.

I think this last week was a bit dry mostly because there isn't a big release window this weekend; but that's par for a big gap for a2 week release window. Next week I'd expect a speed up of more Warcry articles; bigging it up for the sale. However I also expect to see previews on Sunday for pre-orders to start next week so there might be something on that. Heck who knows we might start hearing about Battletomes!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Ok, any ideas when the two new battletomes will hit the web-store for pre-order?

I specifically am hoping today 

If it was today we’d have had an article last Sunday. The earliest they’ll be up for preorder is next Saturday (and we’ll know next saturdays preorders tomorrow). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

If it was today we’d have had an article last Sunday. The earliest they’ll be up for preorder is next Saturday (and we’ll know next saturdays preorders tomorrow). 

Yeah was a bit tired this morning, and unable to think clearly😅

well then I’m mostly hoping that will be getting some infos about those battletomes today.

Im very curious about their rules etc.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

We won't get Battletome info today - that would be Sunday when we get any preview for next weeks pre-orders. Also I'd wager GW wouldn't want a BT on pre-order the same week they launch Warcry; they'd sort of rather you werent nuts over Warcry (remembering a BT preorder means people also buying models for that army too).

So I'd say the soonest we might see a BT hint is next Sunday at best and could be later.