The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Malin said:

Hope we are not returning to era of:

"Enlightened/Skyfires everywhere"

At first glance it looks like it might have negative impact on matched play. Curious about the details, right now this is very clouded view we are having on this topic.

Agreed.

I would hope for a true generic list of units across the board that could be used for any faction.

though the example given were about fireslayers, which is in their fluff. So I would expect a lot more humans or those inside factions that seek some sort of ‘monetary’ gain.

id love for some sort of official DoW type cluster faction with pay master. But I’m sure that’s not going to happen here

• Like 1

5 hours ago, novakai said:

On the topic of rumors, I heard a lot rambling of GW considering a Seraphon remake since they have one of the oldest plastic ranges from WHF (specifically the Saurus part of the range and all the current resin models), the dilemma is are they going to remake them now and delay the battletome or do it afterward.

Huh that's an interesting rumour. I would be surprised if they do an overhaul though it'd be very welcome. Saurus are old but they aren't as say Free Peoples, Skaven. They hold up a lot better too. Well, if it's a few years out I hope for at least a quick update book + spell release.

11 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Agreed.

I would hope for a true generic list of units across the board that could be used for any faction.

though the example given were about fireslayers, which is in their fluff. So I would expect a lot more humans or those inside factions that seek some sort of ‘monetary’ gain.

id love for some sort of official DoW type cluster faction with pay master. But I’m sure that’s not going to happen here

Yeah, I wonder if they would almost have a compendium of "eligible" models that you can hire out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

Huh that's an interesting rumour. I would be surprised if they do an overhaul though it'd be very welcome. Saurus are old but they aren't as say Free Peoples, Skaven. They hold up a lot better too. Well, if it's a few years out I hope for at least a quick update book + spell release.

Yeah skaven have a few old models in need of updates too. I was surprised there wasn't new versions of the metal and finecast skyre models at the very least.

Tbh I would probably buy a seraphon army in a heartbeat if they updated those old models.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Yeah skaven have a few old models in need of updates too. I was surprised there wasn't new versions of the metal and finecast skyre models at the very least.

Tbh I would probably buy a seraphon army in a heartbeat if they updated those old models.

Can you imagine how awesome it would be if all the Saurus looked like the Oldblood in the Carnosaur kit?? Wallet apocalypse. 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

44 minutes ago, Austin said:

Can you imagine how awesome it would be if all the Saurus looked like the Oldblood in the Carnosaur kit?? Wallet apocalypse. 

I just spent three months hobby budget but I would instantly blow the rest of the years on Seraphon if they looked that good.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

There was a rumor engine recently that could conceivably be seraphon wasn't there?

Yeah but its hard to tell - the armour of the new Sylvanath serpent Endless Spell was thought to be a Tyranid for a long time and until the slaanesh release the other going bet was a new serpent character (they've two in the old model line). So whilst there is some ability to guess, some are just way outside of what we can predict.

Does anyone remember that skeleton boatman that was revealed a while back?  I wonder if he's one of the mercenaries you can hire, making me wonder if the mercenaries include various special characters, and not just troops from other Grand Alliances.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Carstein said:

Does anyone remember that skeleton boatman that was revealed a while back?  I wonder if he's one of the mercenaries you can hire, making me wonder if the mercenaries include various special characters, and not just troops from other Grand Alliances.

image.jpeg

Pretty sure that was an endless spell wasn't it? Would be cool if it was a mercenary though.

Edited by Dirtnaps

I love how GW is just hidding clues in plain sights. 

I just realized we've seen those untamed beast a while ago, as you can see on the bottom right of this Warcry starter set !

So we can definitely expect an Iron golem Vs Untamed beast starter :)

GAMAReveals-Mar11-Warcry9gce.jpg

11 minutes ago, Saiken said:

I love how GW is just hidding clues in plain sights. 

I just realized we've seen those untamed beast a while ago, as you can see on the bottom right of this Warcry starter set !

So we can definitely expect an Iron golem Vs Untamed beast starter :)

GAMAReveals-Mar11-Warcry9gce.jpg

They were also in the trailer. It’s not really hiding clues, it’s more teaser then full reveal. They had a trailer with both warbands in, then showed them properly since. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Riavan said:

I wonder if it will come with chaos themed scenery or the sigmar stuff we have seen.

I think we've already seen what scenery will be in the starter in the Warcry reveal trailer personally unless this stuff is already out, I haven't been taking much notice of the scenery available tbh.

Warcry_Scenery.png

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

Just now, Riavan said:

I wonder if it will come with chaos themed scenery or the sigmar stuff we have seen.

From the trailer videos, It looks like ruins with ruins with walkways. From the small glimpses we get, they look pretty generic. If they follow the release style of kill team, I wonder if we will see things like the blight kings get a box with the nurgle tree included. Only thing that makes this doubtful is there is a huge difference between the styles, sizes and cost of the different armies terrain piece.

I'm hoping instead of team bundles like kill team but instead we get separate terrain bundles and just have bundles for warbands that need rules (future releases).

Maybe you don't see much in the video, but they are holding back new chaos terrain. They did do away with the chaos fort not so long ago, maybe that is becasue they have a whole new version planned for this.

13 hours ago, Ggom said:

Which is not to say anyone is evil or that it is objectively immoral to use the tools at your disposal to crush your competition - simply that they don’t need our defense.

They don't need our defense, true, but they also don't need us criticizing them for sound businesses practices.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I think we've already seen what scenery will be in the starter in the Warcry reveal trailer personally unless this stuff is already out, I haven't been taking much notice of the scenery available tbh.

Warcry_Scenery.png

Interesting. Still looks different to the current set

The bell symbol is a bit old Warhammer isn't it?

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

Sigmar still has temples and churches so bells certainly fit into the theme and setting. They are just likely Bells 2.0 so probably come with magical sparks when the hammers hit. 

Change that bell a little bit up and you’d have the perfect undercity of the skaven faction, Yes-yes fear-fear the danger from beneath!

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Sigmar still has temples and churches so bells certainly fit into the theme and setting. They are just likely Bells 2.0 so probably come with magical sparks when the hammers hit. 

Yeap, still plenty of mortal followers of Sigmar too, which are still loaded with the twin comet and bell iconography. Even if they still havn't gotten a battletome! I'm sure some art popped up not so long ago that showed the fanatics fighting along side stormcast.

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Change that bell a little bit up and you’d have the perfect undercity of the skaven faction, Yes-yes fear-fear the danger from beneath!

I've been collecting up parts for building my skaven themed necromunda table but hadn't found anything useful for the bell tower that would fit the skaven bell into. I'm hoping this building might just do the trick.

The terrain/walkways also seem a little on the small side. I've been painting up my LotRs ruins for my skirmish table and the walkways are nice and huge, but the bases seem to be hanging off the edges in the picture. I hope that it's just a bad angle, as right now the buildings look tiny.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:04 PM, RexHavoc said:

Yeap, still plenty of mortal followers of Sigmar too, which are still loaded with the twin comet and bell iconography. Even if they still havn't gotten a battletome! I'm sure some art popped up not so long ago that showed the fanatics fighting along side stormcast.

I hope we get humans more like the art from the corebooks in each realm. I think having the old empire style humans in aos would be really boring and also kind of doubt gw would want that now.

• Like 1