Age of Sigmar Open Day Announced

AoSOpenDay-June01-Share-af85-2.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/03/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-open-day-tickets-now-available/

So it looks like the Age of Sigmar Open Day is on the 20th July this year, with a small 1000 point tournament running on the 21st (using the new faster rule set).

Slightly grumpy as I've managed to go to every one so far and I've visitors over on that weekend (*shakes fist at sky* why such short notice!).  However if you are able to go, then if it's like previous Open Days, then it'll be a really good day out!

Edited by RuneBrush
Fixed link
  • LOVE IT! 1

At least that confirms the new rules will likely be out before then (otherwise that tourney won't get going anywhere fast if everyone has to doublecheck).

That said there are cures to guests coming over! Broken plumbing, medical emergencies, satnav taking you the wrong way, forgetting, acts of god, acts of dog/cat/fish/pet - the creative mind can think of a dozen ways to dissuade people from turning up. There's even the good old "Oh you meant the20th not the 207th!" And the ever popular "Oh we relocated to Warhammer world for the meeting I'm sure you'd be fine with that, see you there"

4 hours ago, JPjr said:

Bah. I guess that means it’s another 8 weeks then till Warcry’s released, 😫😩😫

Still on the plus side we can look forward to 7 weeks of complaining about a lack of info on it.

If only there were a simple remedy to this

I'm still working my way through Forbidden power, but this fairly early passage caught my attention:

A furious race began between those who wished to plunder the Stormvaults for their priceless contents, and the Forces of Sigmar, determined to secure the God-Kings Holdings at any cost. Mercenary treasure-seekers formed their own companies, and Scourge Privateers led voyages deep into the deadly wilds of the realms, hunting rumors of ancient ruins and long-lost cities. These quests inevitably stirred up native populations who resented the intrusion into their sacred lands-Chaos worshiping tribes of the plains, isolated pockets of aelven Wanderers, and even reclusive hosts of Seraphon, still guarding strange ziggurats in the depths of the wilderness.

So clear references to Mercenaries, Darkoath, Seraphon, and Wanderers. We know mercenaries are being expanded in the GHB, and the other three are long rumored/speculated to be coming...(well Aelves in general more than Wanderers, but some of the rumor engine/shadespire stuff recently has used Wanderer symbols, so I find it plausible.)

Based on that I'm going to slightly shift my predictions for the rest of the year in terms of battletomes:

Chaos: Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness

Death: New army, tied to the released champion in Forbidden Power

Order: Sylvaneth, Seraphon, and Wanderers. All relatively small releases, but Wanderers if it comes to pass would probably have some new models.

Destruction: I'm going to stick with Ogors. There's been a lot of mention of them lately, and I think it's the Mercenary angle that's going to be their hook for becoming an active faction.

add everchosen to the chaos category - that's if they don't make everything not god specific everchosen- which is my thought.

My gut feeling is darkoath / slaves / warcry tribes will all be grouped under the everchosen battletome in the sense of not pledging themselves wholly to one god - and in the lore at the moment there's a lot of activity around the Varanspire as will be detailed in Warcry.

12 hours ago, madmac said:

I'm still working my way through Forbidden power, but this fairly early passage caught my attention:

A furious race began between those who wished to plunder the Stormvaults for their priceless contents, and the Forces of Sigmar, determined to secure the God-Kings Holdings at any cost. Mercenary treasure-seekers formed their own companies, and Scourge Privateers led voyages deep into the deadly wilds of the realms, hunting rumors of ancient ruins and long-lost cities. These quests inevitably stirred up native populations who resented the intrusion into their sacred lands-Chaos worshiping tribes of the plains, isolated pockets of aelven Wanderers, and even reclusive hosts of Seraphon, still guarding strange ziggurats in the depths of the wilderness.

So clear references to Mercenaries, Darkoath, Seraphon, and Wanderers. We know mercenaries are being expanded in the GHB, and the other three are long rumored/speculated to be coming...(well Aelves in general more than Wanderers, but some of the rumor engine/shadespire stuff recently has used Wanderer symbols, so I find it plausible.)

Based on that I'm going to slightly shift my predictions for the rest of the year in terms of battletomes:

Chaos: Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness

Death: New army, tied to the released champion in Forbidden Power

Order: Sylvaneth, Seraphon, and Wanderers. All relatively small releases, but Wanderers if it comes to pass would probably have some new models.

Destruction: I'm going to stick with Ogors. There's been a lot of mention of them lately, and I think it's the Mercenary angle that's going to be their hook for becoming an active faction.

I would't put that much weight to that paragraph, as the whole book is filled with hints and informations about old and new factions, like the Ironweld or the Grotbag Scuttlers. 

For you're predictions I think you're spot on, but maybe Tzeentch with or in place of StD, and Kharadron instead of Seraphon. Wanderer I'm not sure. 

Destruction may also be Orruks united as Gordrak is mentioned in the book.

6 minutes ago, Ghark said:

So now it's confirmed , I think we'll see the last two Warcry gangs before the Open day, which should indeed coincide with the pre order.

Which hopefully means the Preview Seminar will be for POST WARCRY things ;) 

• Like 1

I'm thinking of going to the Open Day. I've not been to one before, although have visited Warhammer World a couple of times.

For those who have been to the Open Days, or similar events, what is the car parking like? Is it easy to get parked or do the spaces get filled quickly?

Edited by Nick in York

On 6/1/2019 at 3:05 PM, Overread said:

At least that confirms the new rules will likely be out before then (otherwise that tourney won't get going anywhere fast if everyone has to doublecheck).

New Generals Handbook was confirmed for June at Warhammer Fest and the new 1k game rules are bundled in there.

10 hours ago, Nick in York said:

I'm thinking of going to the Open Day. I've not been to one before, although have visited Warhammer World a couple of times.

For those who have been to the Open Days, or similar events, what is the car parking like? Is it easy to get parked or do the spaces get filled quickly?

GW's car park is fairly large and quite a lot of people car share (not uncommon to see four people unfold themselves from a vehicle!).  However you probably want to aim to get there at least an hour before doors open, Open Day's I've been to in the past generally have people queuing from 8am (for a 10am start).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Retro said:

Just bought my ticket! Just so happens it lines up with when I'm in the UK. (I'm from Australia)

Be careful telling any locals you're heading over or you might need two or three more suitcases to bring back a hoard of harvested forgeworld stuff ! ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Overread said:

Be careful telling any locals you're heading over or you might need two or three more suitcases to bring back a hoard of harvested forgeworld stuff ! ;)

Fun fact, if you spend over £100 at the store they will post it international for free! So yeah, I have a few shopping lists haha

• Like 1