Tyrion, in light reborn!

On 1/17/2020 at 12:36 PM, Zanzou said:

Realistically, all of those mirrors hanging off him I could see as spell reflectors or re-casters.

No matter what his buffs are, if he has any less than 4 casts per phase we riot.

Perhaps the mirrors are there so He doesn't have to turn His head.

• Haha 1

I think it's actually pretty interesting that they appear to have not deviated much from original High Elf designs. 
I've always been under the impression that GW will want to heavily AOS-ify any new races to make them unique to GW.  

It's possible that the Teclis weapons are the only call back to the original lore/images and the rest of the range will be quite different, but I think they'll want to keep the aesthetic similar to the art we've seen.  

Perhaps they'll do a full 180 and make Teclis' elves fancy, noble order vampires.... perhaps they have the same soul problem as the deepkin, but are proud of their heritage and not wanting to seclude / hide themselves away? 
That could be a cool way to refresh high elves and vampires in one go lol. 

How big do people think Teclis will be? I think the options are  
a) Medium Size - Eg Similar to Alarielle on some sort of mount, probably not a monster, maybe some magical construct or swirly energy like the celestant prime or Eidolon of Mathlann size or perhaps similar to Karakros, maybe even with some henchmen?  Morathi fits this category too I think. 
b) Nagash/Archaon size
c) Normal elf size 

I think a) is most likely, though I'd like to see a Morathi type situation where he has 2 aspects, maybe even a twins thing with Tyrion or a light/dark thing with Malerion. 

19 hours ago, elfhead said:

I’m looking forward to seeing what actual troops of the army looks like. They are more important to me than a center piece special character. Allthough what we’ve seen of teclis is very promising. 

100x this... I'm ready to immediately pre-order whatever box they release if the actual troops look cool and fun to paint

I honestly just want the army to be fun, without some of the problems their deep kin older brothers have. I would like every unit to be viable, for the magic to be interesting, for the Calvary not to be wet noodles when not charging...

and While i’m At it I would like for all my student loans to be paid off and for me to have an extra grand in the bank.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

I am very interested in the upcoming 'pointy aelves' and the lore surrounding the return of Teclis.  I know it is highly improbable, but I hope that Tyrion is not part of the army and that he becomes a patron god for the Idoneth Deepkin. I would also like if the two factions easily allied with one another, despite obvious tensions. The rules for including Stormcast in Cities of Sigmar set a very good precedent. Furthermore, I hope there are specific rules (a battalion perhaps) for fielding the twins alongside units from both armies. 

I also hope for a similar situation for Malerion's Aelves and the Daughters of Khaine. 

Edited by Neverchosen

Even as a God it would be very strange to me if Teclis was bigger than Celestant Prime. imo understated can be bad ass. 

Also I’d prefer the twins on separate bases as it allows for more flexibility in play (you could team them up side by side, flank, or spend fewer points to just take one). However they should obviously have bonuses together.

Edited by Zanzou

@Neverchosen I can't really see Tyrion going to the Deepkin.  He may have prevented Teclis from destroying them, but he didn't go after them, either.  Plus, the Twins are a little too intrinsicly bound to each other to split them into two seperate factions.  They made Tyrion able to see only through Teclis' eyes, that sort of thing doesn't really lend itself to splitting them up.

I also think from the opposite side that it would ruin the Deepkin.  They have a very loner "Fine, we'll do this on our own, we don't need no stinking gods!" aspect to them that is unique to the setting.  I actually really like the potential for rivalry between the two factions, I think I would be even better than the old High Elf-Dark Elf paradigm.

• Like 2

@Koradrel of Chrace I was interpreting it more as the two lines being more intricately linked to one another. Furthermore, I was hoping for the twins to be allied with one another and useable in a shared alliance with the Idoneth as the martial force and the pointy aelves as the cultured side that privilege magic and ranged units. Although, I am personally hoping to run a traditional Elven cavalry army with Teclis' aelves.  

However, I think that you have a really good point about the rivalry being a great alternative to the old High-elf/Dark-elf fantasy trope. Also, I think in wanting a unified sea/magic aelven army I willfully ignored the uniqueness and core identity of the Idoneth. But, I selfishly would still like Teclis aelves to adopt the City of Sigmar rule of taking one in four units without breaking allegiance requirements. 

Edited by Neverchosen

On 3/8/2019 at 9:25 AM, The Golem said:

Sorry but Asuryan is dead since the End Times, his remaining divine essence going to his true chosen one:  Malekith, now know as Malerion.

Seriously I hope the angelic light aelves won't be similar to the current ex-high elves, otherwise it will give GW a reason to squat them. I really want the light aelves to be something new and original, like the Idoneth. The books mention the realm of Hysh to be filled with mind boggling logic, bizarre symmetry and impossible geometry. Perhaps the light aelves will be alien minded creatures, detached from common thinking.

hmmm "mind boggling logic and bizarre symmetry"  How about they can manipulate the phase order in a turn?   Already in combats you like? (1) Combat phase, (2) Movement Phase, (3) shooting phase.  Want to shoot and scoot? (1) shooting phase, (2) movement phase. Scared of bugging out? (1) Battle Shock phase.....  

Edited by annarborhawk
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, annarborhawk said:

hmmm "mind boggling logic and bizarre symmetry"  How about they can manipulate the phase order in a turn?   Already in combats you like? (1) Combat phase, (2) Movement Phase, (3) shooting phase.  Want to shoot and scoot? (1) shooting phase, (2) movement phase. Scared of bugging out? (1) Battle Shock phase.....  

That just sounds funky, and would require so much thinking to change the opperation order. It would so very much mess with the opponent, and the game as a whole...

i ducking love it

Edited by Acid_Nine

On 1/19/2020 at 7:16 PM, Inquisitorsz said:

Perhaps they'll do a full 180 and make Teclis' elves fancy, noble order vampires.... perhaps they have the same soul problem as the deepkin, but are proud of their heritage and not wanting to seclude / hide themselves away? 
That could be a cool way to refresh high elves and vampires in one go lol. 

Since I plan on painting my Pointy Aelves like Blood Elves from warcraft, I'm slightly ok with this.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, Neverchosen said:

Hello everyone, 

I am very interested in the upcoming 'pointy aelves' and the lore surrounding the return of Teclis.  I know it is highly improbable, but I hope that Tyrion is not part of the army and that he becomes a patron god for the Idoneth Deepkin. I would also like if the two factions easily allied with one another, despite obvious tensions. The rules for including Stormcast in Cities of Sigmar set a very good precedent. Furthermore, I hope there are specific rules (a battalion perhaps) for fielding the twins alongside units from both armies. 

I also hope for a similar situation for Malerion's Aelves and the Daughters of Khaine. 

Tyrion had his own set of elf souls, so he will have his own breed of aelves made. but a Tyrion worshiping Idoneth subfaction would be cool

• Like 1

Tommorow

Want to see:

New models.

Don't want to see:

Old models.

Especially as a battleline. Simple as that. I just hope that CoS battletome set things with all the pre-AoS models and from that point we will only get brand new armies like Idoneth Deepkin or Kharadron Overlords.

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

They are elves after all, and based on the information we get, they are much more proper than murder or soul stealing ones.

They'll have a role to play, however the narrative is strongly focused on Sigmar. I'll be quite happy with more actors on the scene and taking the spotlight from him, even for a brief moment.