AoS Xmas Battleforce Box theories

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Aryann said:

This Deepkin box is almost everything I didn't want to see in a BF. Good, money saved. 

It’s almost exactly what I expected though. If it included a Leviadon or King then I would have found it much more tempting.

Depending on the price point of the woods, I might have to pick one of those up.

16 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

It’s almost exactly what I expected though. If it included a Leviadon or King then I would have found it much more tempting.

Depending on the price point of the woods, I might have to pick one of those up.

To be honest I would pick this up if they gave 2x eels instead of 2x sharks. A different hero and it'd be golden. It's almost as if they really want to get rid off sharks from their warehouses. 

4 minutes ago, Lior'Lec said:

I came in just after the battleforce boxes from last year were gone, what’s the normal price point on these combo kits, $200, $300, or $400?

the boxes cost $170USD, there usually about 240$-ish amount of models in those boxes

Yea, Deepkin is a big miss unfortunately. I want expecting the large monsters since that would have been a huge chunk of the price and I knew Narmarti would be in it but why two Allopexes? Even as someone using them I already have one so I don't need another two... One shark and two eels and we'd be in a lot better place.

The Idoneth box is a good way to start the army.

If past releases are any indication, Idoneth will get a Start Collecting around March with an Akhelian King and some eels.

Combine those two and you've got a solid collection to build lists.

Scenery bundles are great, I just started building up my scenery collection :)

On 10/25/2018 at 5:45 AM, sorokyl said:

Bonesplitters - Good candidate? What big model though...

It would have to be an ally, which they did with the Ironjawz one (before Allies were even a thing!)

You could throw an Arachnarok in there for example. or some Fellwater Troggoths.

Then some Boys, some Boarboys and their lone plastic hero (the Savage Big Boss).

More likely imo is that Destruction will just miss out again...but you could make it work if you wanted to.

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

It would have to be an ally, which they did with the Ironjawz one (before Allies were even a thing!)

You could throw an Arachnarok in there for example. or some Fellwater Troggoths.

Then some Boys, some Boarboys and their lone plastic hero (the Savage Big Boss).

More likely imo is that Destruction will just miss out again...but you could make it work if you wanted to.

I'm inclined to agree here. Outside Underworld they haven't released anything for Destruction this year and since they're so behind on the curve I don't really see unless they just want to include destruction to show face. If that is the case then maybe they'll release an ironjaw box?

On 10/26/2018 at 11:28 PM, JackStreicher said:

2x Reavers, 2x Allopex, 1 thralls and Lotann plus Soulreaver ?

Can we just take a brief moment to give it up for this guy and his precognative skills!

Edit: On the other 4 boxes, two are guarenteed. Sacrosanct, because stormcast will ALWAYS get a box, and Nighthaunt because they are the other titular force atm, the primary foes of the sacrosanct and have some great potential for a boxed set.

That leaves 2 boxes left, one will definitely be a chaos box, either maggotkin or beasts of chaos. If they really wanted to push the boat they would do a Maggotkin box with enough pestigors for a pestilant throng.

Last box is probably DoK, it's destructions time as death this year so there won't be a destruction box.

Archived