AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

shaggoth is any friendly unit..

chaos sorcerer an shaggoth now the new mandatory inclusion ? 

The rend spell is likely only available to Beasts of Chaos armies. I think I saw somewhere that StD are allowed as allies for Beasts of Chaos, and if so I'm sure the chaos sorcerer + shaggoth combo will be popular, but allied shaggoths don't have that same general utility. 

Edited by decker_cky

I'm still doing a goat dance based on the last two previews.  I've been looking through my bitz box as each character needs their spawn form in case I roll a 2+ when they die.  I'm not the biggest fan of the spawn kit so I might have to put some bitz on a reaper bones miniatures or something.  Maybe a tentacle thing where each tentacle ends in a gor head or something.

Edited by Nin Win
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Baron Wastelands said:

So ... how would that work with the artefacts etc in the khorne book? My warherd is already khorne themed, so excited by this idea, but the artefacts/abilities in khorne require the mortal, daemon, or bloodbound  keywords, which the warherd units all lack. I understand we may not have the answer yet, but interested if anyone has any more knowledge!

Unless there's a specific allowance, they are not daemon, mortal, bloodbound, arcanite, or rotbringers, so they wouldn't have access to any of the magic items or spells contained in any of the mark specific battletomes. 

28 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

Unless there's a specific allowance, they are not daemon, mortal, bloodbound, arcanite, or rotbringers, so they wouldn't have access to any of the magic items or spells contained in any of the mark specific battletomes. 

This is correct.

The only exception is Tzaangors...for very obvious reasons. Though it'll be interesting to see how different the BoC Tzeentch Battalion is compared to the Tzaangor Coven.

21 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Curious about ungors. I get that they are chaff but aren’t being mentioned even for shooting or as cheap sacrifices

I thought someone said on the twitch stream that you can do d3 mortal wounds to a unit near the herd stone and get that many summoning points.

I plan on fielding 40ish ungors myself with half being ones with spears and shields and the others having bows.  I've got the models built and partially painted so even if they're not good I'll still field them.  Maybe there will be a way to kill even more at the herd stone to summon Ghorgons or something.

Edited by Nin Win

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Curious about ungors. I get that they are chaff but aren’t being mentioned even for shooting or as cheap sacrifices

I'm half tempted to run a blob of them with bows and just camp around the herdstone shooting and dying to summon Bullgors..

So we can get 2-4 summon points per turn, but surely there will be an artefact or trait to boost this?

Also the Slaanesh battalion sounds too awesome:

The Slaanesh one is called "Depraved Drove".. it lets you re-roll charge rolls within 12" of the enemy, and enemies must re-roll successful attacks against your heroes...

I really hope vanilla BoC get some good battalions, my main worry with marks is BoC getting relegated to just propping up the god armies..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Thats excactly how they were used in the twitch stream and a lot of jokes were about how effective as archers they were. Even more about throwing them into the fire. 

Guys, I’m seriously thinking about selling all my nighthaunt for BOC, so pumped for this.

do you think now that warherds are included instead of being an ally, this will make BOC even more potent especially with the other additions now included into one army? I’m a massive fan of warherd and really want to capitalise on this.

I noticed in the stream that when the Jabberslythe took 12 wounds from the Ghorgon, he rolled 12 dice to check for spurting blood, even though Jabber has only 10 wounds. Is this the correct ruling? That's the way I interpreted it, so it seems like I'm not the only one. I figured I should check since I would like to use him in a tournament soon.

Also, now Jabber's tongue does d3 wounds, and he no longer has a degrading monster profile! Even more reason to use him recklessly.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

I noticed in the stream that when the Jabberslythe took 12 wounds from the Ghorgon, he rolled 12 dice to check for spurting blood, even though Jabber has only 10 wounds. Is this the correct ruling? That's the way I interpreted it, so it seems like I'm not the only one. I figured I should check since I would like to use him in a tournament soon.

Also, now Jabber's tongue does d3 wounds, and he no longer has a degrading monster profile! Even more reason to use him recklessly.

Nice to see less warscrolls with degrading monster profiles, less things to keep track of while playing.

Do we know if the Shaggoth gets the same treatment?

2 hours ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

that has always been my interpretation of the rule as it does not specify, at least at present, a max of dice you can roll (like "roll a dice up until the model has wounds available" or something like that) so I imagine that no matter how many wounds he suffer (another point of discussion would be: wound suffered is intended before of after saves?) you roll that many dice and for every 4+ etc etc...

Edited by Frozenbeast
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

Guys, I’m seriously thinking about selling all my nighthaunt for BOC, so pumped for this.

do you think now that warherds are included instead of being an ally, this will make BOC even more potent especially with the other additions now included into one army? I’m a massive fan of warherd and really want to capitalise on this.

They are now included in the beast of chaos battletome, same goes with all monsters of chaos, the giant, and even Tzaangors have become a part of the army.

31 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

They are now included in the beast of chaos battletome, same goes with all monsters of chaos, the giant, and even Tzaangors have become a part of the army.

Well not all Monsters, technically Salughterbrutes and Vortex Beasts are Mortals only. Harpies are now only a DoK thing (well at least the AoS version of harpies). And we'll have to wait to see how many FW Monsters become BoC (I assume Lammasu and Great Taurus will be Chaos Dwarf only, not sure about the warpfire dragon, Preton and giants seem likely though)

2 hours ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Yeah noticed that too. Like @Frozenbeastthat has been my interpretation as well but never really thought about it