AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, alastair said:

Is a Lord of Chaos any good? I like the idea of him becoming a daemon prince, he'll at least make 2 blood tithes if he dies twice. He just seems expensive?

140 isn't *too* bad. I like the once per game 2d6 damage attack, could be useful in spiking down a key support hero but his mobility would be an issue. Personally I'd probably go with an actual demon prince for the extra 20 if I needed a beat stick. 

13 hours ago, alastair said:

Is a Lord of Chaos any good? I like the idea of him becoming a daemon prince, he'll at least make 2 blood tithes if he dies twice. He just seems expensive?

I have had some use from him in a pick-up game, the fact he re-rolls to hit of 1 is very useful and beeing able to put it on other units is useful. That said it is limmited to a Slaves unit, but some of the best units in my list have that keyword. 

Just won a small 16 man tournament today with the following.

Was quite fun.

For the first time i was lost with what to do with my tithe points, summoning or moving/dispelling/attacking.

Wrath of Khorne - general Immense power

BT of Insensensate Gyrstrike

2 priest with +1 to hit prayer

1 Secrator

1 Stocker withe the dispell rune

1x5 Warriors 2X10 Reavers

5 Wrathmongers

4 Khorgoraths (good but debatable-replaced my previous 30 Bloodletters)

Gorepilgrimofcourse

Went 3-0 against Tzeentch-tzaangors, a Stardrake-fulminator and Alarielle&friends, collecting skulls.

Wasn't a cakewalk in any way. Each battle was hard-won and borderline lost.

BFTBG!

Edited by kozokus
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, phizzco said:

Grats! Any tips you can leave us with ? :)

not that much i am afraid.

-Even if i explain every buffs and abilities of my armies people tend to have difficulties to understand that 30" is a cakewalk for a bloodthirster.

-Only one Stocker seems too less sometimes. Hard to find a place for a second.

-4 Khorgorath seems atrociously hard to remove due to not beeing five models (that would trigger a lot of present bonuses in the game) and by having a relatively small footprint for a 360 point unit. The dammage is pretty good but it synergyse poorly.

-I can't leave home without 5 Wrathmongers. It seems that they produce abnormal pression on the opponent when you describe them and they forgot much more important units like Bloodstockers.

-Summoning small packs of Hounds is quite nice for 3 BT points.

-The Insensate Rage was ALWAYS reimbursed,  He always destroyed between 300 and 500 points worth of ennemy units. (Yet he died in every games of course)

I am prepared for a rewrite of most our warscrolls after what happened to Wrath and rapture.

Edited by kozokus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

not that much i am afraid.

-Even if i explain every buffs and abilities of my armies people tend to have difficulties to understand that 30" is a cakewalk for a bloodthirster.

It's the same reason any other Khorne Daemon can charge first turn: WoK Command + Bloodstoker + Command Run auto 6. Bloodthirster is now moving/running 20 inches + charging 2D6+4. Don't forget to buff your Bloodthirster with two +1 Hit prayers and give him an artifact that makes his AoE MW hit on 5+. Seems good on paper but everyone's running giant horde screens now which could make it harder to use.

35 minutes ago, andysonic1 said:

Seems good on paper but everyone's running giant horde screens now which could make it harder to use.

Even if it seems good on paper, it still is.

You are basically trading your 260 point BT for that giant screen that cost always much more (and sometimes 5 wounds heroes that wander 8" away from him).

That beast that hit on 2+2+reroll all -2 rend and D6 dammage is quite able to deal ~30 dammage to anything that is not a Stardrake.

And if the ennemy miss him on retaliation, well you are good for a second swing.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:50 PM, kozokus said:

Even if it seems good on paper, it still is.

You are basically trading your 260 point BT for that giant screen that cost always much more (and sometimes 5 wounds heroes that wander 8" away from him).

That beast that hit on 2+2+reroll all -2 rend and D6 dammage is quite able to deal ~30 dammage to anything that is not a Stardrake.

And if the ennemy miss him on retaliation, well you are good for a second swing.

Well using bloodreavers as an example, 40 are 240 points and unless you roll all 6s and 3 or more outrageous carnage they aren't dieing. 

That said I still think having a ragethirster hit the enemy chaff is a good, whether you kill them all or not they are going to throw a lot at him next turn to make sure he goes down.

"Distraction carnifex"

On 1/7/2019 at 11:11 PM, andysonic1 said:

It's the same reason any other Khorne Daemon can charge first turn: WoK Command + Bloodstoker + Command Run auto 6. Bloodthirster is now moving/running 20 inches + charging 2D6+4. Don't forget to buff your Bloodthirster with two +1 Hit prayers and give him an artifact that makes his AoE MW hit on 5+. Seems good on paper but everyone's running giant horde screens now which could make it harder to use.

Not only that. He will not survive most counterstrikes. Zombi-dragon, heavy shooting, lots of hits like blightkings and such, evocators - with 4+ save he will be dead twice

On 1/7/2019 at 9:11 PM, andysonic1 said:

A unit that, moves in the hero phase with blood points (run), can afterwards deep strike tanks to move and charge?

With enough command point, and a BToIR this can  potentially have a 10+6 (run maximied) + 10 (move) + 2d6 (rerollable, command point) = 33" with flying

26 minutes ago, Sdrow said:

A unit that, moves in the hero phase with blood points (run), can afterwards deep strike tanks to move and charge?

With enough command point, and a BToIR this can  potentially have a 10+6 (run maximied) + 10 (move) + 2d6 (rerollable, command point) = 33" with flying

Stoker and WoKBT are not mentioned but can be an option, it's just that I don't think that putting that much effort on this charge would be wise for the balance of the army composition.

Assuming u can run a low budget unit which can die in turn 1, u can sacrifice her with the 2 priest gaining the 3 point u need on the table and do this trick on your first turn ( I guess that with GP % are around 60% of doing this).

Buffing the BToIR  with the 3th priest (gore pilgrim 75%) and a warshine (potentially) gives u a devastating long hit.

Edited by Sdrow

@Sdrow unfortunately that trick won't work in the first turn since the FAQ Errata made it that blood tithe can only be expended at the START of either player's hero phase.

Unfortunately once the slaughter priests have blood sacrificed someone the hero phase has started and the window for using blood tithe has closed.

Conclusion: the restrictions on our allegiance ability, when compared to other armies, are a joke. 

On 1/7/2019 at 4:08 PM, Agent of Chaos said:

@123lac pics of Skullreapers with bloodwarrior legs as requested (apologies for poor photo quality):

They look really good. You can't even tell that they're using different legs which is what you want.

I've picked up 10 blood warriors and I'll be leaving 5 of them aside for when I get a box of wrathmongers. Keen.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

I need your help for list building.

I want to play a full Brass Stampede, which is at 1320 Points for seven Units of skullcrushers + Lord+ Bataillon. So what Else can I Take for the remaining 680 points that complements this list well? Gore Pilgrims would be an auto-include; However, they cost 30 Points too much.

So I was thinking of a Bloodsecrator, because he gives the whole Brass Stampede 2 attacks.

A Bloodthirster of insensate rage with Slaughterborn and Crimson Crown would be another good Addition( I don't own Malign Sorcery, so I do not know about the realm artefacts), because he can fly into the enemy backfield Clearing Up what ist not Held in place by the Brass Stampede.

The weakness of a Brass Stampede are Horde Units, especially regrowing hordes. In Order to even Out this weakness I think that an Allied Gaunt Summoner would be a good anti-horde-weapon, even though it is un-khorny .And I get two dispells on top.

Which leaves me with 100 Points..what now? Bloodstoker? Slaughterpriest? Khorgorath? Skarr Bloodwrath? Skylla? 

Or should I Take a completely different Road because I need more bodies or because other choices are even better for a Brass Stampede? 

Do you have experience playing a Brass Stampede? What should I pay Attention to? What plays into my cards, what ist my Nemesis?

I would be grateful for some input  on my thoughts, Thank you very much in advance ;)

Edited by Salyx

Whatever you do you cant go wrong with a bloodstoker or 2.

You may find yourself out of range of the bloodsecrator. Maybe a second lord on juggernaut to spread the +1 wound around?

A warshrine would go well if you have one. Maybe a unit or 2 of reavers or flesh hounds to cap objectives while your crushers do their thing.

1 hour ago, Bululu said:

2 chaos war mammoth, you wont win much, but you will be king of the table with such a incredible display of army (im doing that)

Indeed you will - and they are hillariously good fun to play with. The footprint when the fall is funny as well.

23546060248_2c3b1274da_c.jpg

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 3

Old school chaos list for giggles :)

I'm looking forward to having this on the table - it should look great, all Khorne and all angry.

Chaos lord on Daemonic Mount

Aspiring Deathbringer with axe and furnace

Bloodsectrator

Mr Whippy

30 Chaos Warriors - halberd and runeshields

5 flesh hounds

5 flesh hounds

Chaos Warshrine

20 chaos Knights - ensorcelled weapons.

• LOVE IT! 1