Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Anyone notice the points?  1895...

There isn't a unit that ends in 5 currently..

Points per model ?

I could see that, they do have incremental increases for unit additions in power levels for 40k.

Day 6 was Slaanesh, Day 7 ... Nurgle, Day 8 .. Khorne

Well, with tomorrow being Day 9 ... I’m betting we will be seeing Focus: Disciples of Tzeentch.

With the change to Command Points At 1 for every 50 points not spent on a list ... maybe what we’re looking at is the removal of reinforcement points and Command Points become the new currency?

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Someone on FB mentioned a potential issue with the command points from being undercosted. It looks like faction specific summoning is becoming free, but what about scenery like the balewind vortex? Will reinforcement points be removed, or will someone be able to start with 1900 points (+2 CP) and then fill up those extra 100 with a summoned balewind? Time will tell, but I am curious.

I hoping/guessing that the rest of the summoning armies will see updates in 2e and summoning points will go away entirely. Ideally the balewind vortex will get wrapped up in what ever the magic supplement ends up being and take care of that problem.

5 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Well, with tomorrow being Day 9 ... I’m betting we will be seeing Focus: Disciples of Tzeentch.

With the change to Command Points At 1 for every 50 points not spent on a list ... maybe what we’re looking at is the removal of reinforcement points and Command Points become the new currency?

They say Tzeentch will be coming tomorrow at the end of the article so I wouldn't bet agaisnt you! haha

13 minutes ago, smucreo said:

In the end it's the problem with all summoning, unless you specifically go out of the way to restrict it at every step of the way someone will find how to break it. 

Very true... But they should be quite mindful of it! IF ( that's still a big IF) summoning is supposedly limited to alternate resources now (blood tithe points, contaigion points, command points etc), FEC can really do insane things through some of their battalion warscolls and this 50p rule :

Slap a royal family in there, combined with attendants at court (costing 270p currently, granted) and keep 150p left over points, you can really slap the pain on there by starting with 6CP... 

Start off with GKoTG, 2 ghoul kings, Crypt haunter courtier, 2 min units of crypt horrors, 3 min units of ghouls, giving you a baseline of 1690p. Slap a varghulf in there, have 150p less than 2k and start going crazy by using those 6CP to summon in other units. 

Your general can now summon more ghoul kings (up to 3 with majestic horror if that remains the same) per turn until you reach 6 (for 4CP) or 3 units of Crypt horrors/flayers  because a regular battle can then generate up to 12 CP for an FEC lists. Or hell, summon 2 units of crypt horrors with a GK to go with it on one flank or even the opponents backline if he's left a big enough gap per turn for up to 3 turns in a row. 

You could be talking about summoning in an additional 1500-2000p in a weird snowball effect? That's why I'm quite curious how they are going to change this faction. 

Just a little add to the summoning discussion: Everyone is talking about summoning in matched play, but it is a real mess in narrative, where there are no reinforcement points. Narrative may not be as concerned with balance and always heavily reliant on cooperation between players, but even for such a game mode, I find the original rules still too wonky.

21 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Someone on FB mentioned a potential issue with the command points from being undercosted. It looks like faction specific summoning is becoming free, but what about scenery like the balewind vortex? Will reinforcement points be removed, or will someone be able to start with 1900 points (+2 CP) and then fill up those extra 100 with a summoned balewind? Time will tell, but I am curious.

That wouldnt work anyway.  Currently you have 1900 points on your army + 100 reinforcement points, equaling 2000 points.  Right now you cant get triumphs from doing that so no reason you could get CP.

45 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Ah! Then I'm eagerly awaiting day 13 :D

I was kinda hoping for a mention of how BoK's gonna deal with all the crazy magic heading our way. Or if there was gonna be any changes to pts/warscrolls. 

Other than that I think the new edition will be good for my guys in red. With synergy heavy heroes being a bit more protected and a way to limit shooting with getting into melee. And using several command abilities will be awesome.

52 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

This is somewhere between genius and madness. It certainly gives a new perspective on both backgrounds and reveals even more stuff about the mortal realms. But at the same time, I'm not sure children's books set in the grimdark future or a gritty fantasy world where everything is tailored around brutal murder and utter destruction (in 40k on a larger industrial scale than WW 1 & 2 combined) is the best idea. 

Think of these books as the hobbit, compared to Lotr. I think it is great. Also Darkoath as the primary antagonist certainly suggests a new battletome is incoming. You want little Timmy to go and buy the figures after reading the story. I am looking forward to reading these with my kids.

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Anyone notice the points?  1895...

There isn't a unit that ends in 5 currently..

Points per model ?

This is probably unpopular, but i'd love to pay for my equipment instead of automatically taking all the best things per unit.

9 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Remember how angry people were with the death of the Old World and the new AoS. Nerd anger is usually misplaced. 

GW mishandled the end of fantasy and the introduction of AoS. Simple as. The situation was a fumbling mess of the Kirby era and took a year before things got sorted. The anger was justified

20 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

This is probably unpopular, but i'd love to pay for my equipment instead of automatically taking all the best things per unit.

I'd love to see a a dual full points with war gear/power level system that they do with 40k(and put the power levels on the warscrolls), but I'm doubtful it will happen.

Archived