LVO 2022 Predictions

Kronos

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

How often did he mention the skaven?

None I’m afraid.

However he never touched on UnderWorlds or Warcry releases so those are still wild cards to fill this year.

Personally I’m expecting Clans Eshin to pop up later in UnderWorld’s Harrowdeep since they’re both on the map and their clans set-up in Ulgu to learn it’s sneaky shadow magic.

Would be nice if it’s there they eventually do a overhaul on chameleon skinks and a shadows war box with Eshin since their origin is from the templeships absorbing shadow magic while sailing through that Realmsphere’s orbit. Replacing their Azyrian starlight physicality with something akin to the dark void between the stars instead.

[Quote]”the first temple-ships that spawned Chameleon Skinks did not sail through the light of Azyr, but rather in the penumbral gloom of Ulgu. This interaction allowed the shadows of the realm to seep into the temple fleet's spawning pools, resulting in the unique abilities of the Chameleon Skinks. Perhaps as a result of this, Chameleon Skinks find it easy to become Coalesced in the realm of Ulgu's swirling mists”[/Quote]

Edited by Baron Klatz

10 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Its odd that everyone is talking about Nighthaunt being a sure thing after the new year trailer, but not Daughters of Khaine. Did everyone convince themselves that the DoK hero in the trailer was Dark Eldar? Because she's really not.

For me it's because I was predicting Nighthaunt as an upcoming tome even before the model tease, while I would have previously been fairly sure that we should not expect anything new for Daughters for a few years. So I interpret the Nighthaunt model as their new hero to go with their tome update, but I have no idea what to think of that DoK model. That makes me more open to believe that it could be Cursed City related or some kind of limited anniversary thing.

• Like 5

Chaos Dwarfs, the Nighthaunt cruise ship/funerary barge, and some vague reveal of a new faction. I'm also hoping for some Old World news (either Araby or Tomb Kings), but that might be a bit too much. 

For 40k I'm expecting the big Chaos Space Marine revamp, as well as the new cultists and Chaos Knights. World Eaters or Emperor's Children battle tome preview. We may also see a new Sisters of Battle hero (they somewhat previewed it in the Nachmund Gauntlet article). Necromunda will get a new gang previewed, hopefully something chaotic or ash wast nomads. Horus Heresy plastic starter set, and new power armor kits.

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

For me it's because I was predicting Nighthaunt as an upcoming tome even before the model tease, while I would have previously been fairly sure that we should not expect anything new for Daughters for a few years. So I interpret the Nighthaunt model as their new hero to go with their tome update, but I have no idea what to think of that DoK model. That makes me more open to believe that it could be Cursed City related or some kind of limited anniversary thing.

I guess I'm assuming that new edition means that everyone will get a new book sooner or later, and the order they come out will bear little to no resemblance to who actually needs one!

Since it mainline AoS titled it most likely just battletome reveal and/or more one off heroes. Don’t think there going to be anything for the AoS sidegames like Underworlds or Warcry. Off chance there a teaser or hint of what the next big release for AoS but with how heavy 40K it been it seems unlikely right now.

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

None I’m afraid.

However he never touched on UnderWorlds or Warcry releases so those are still wild cards to fill this year.

Personally I’m expecting Clans Eshin to pop up later in UnderWorld’s Harrowdeep since they’re both on the map and their clans set-up in Ulgu to learn it’s sneaky shadow magic.

Would be nice if it’s there they eventually do a overhaul on chameleon skinks and a shadows war box with Eshin since their origin is from the templeships absorbing shadow magic while sailing through that Realmsphere’s orbit. Replacing their Azyrian starlight physicality with something akin to the dark void between the stars instead.

[Quote]”the first temple-ships that spawned Chameleon Skinks did not sail through the light of Azyr, but rather in the penumbral gloom of Ulgu. This interaction allowed the shadows of the realm to seep into the temple fleet's spawning pools, resulting in the unique abilities of the Chameleon Skinks. Perhaps as a result of this, Chameleon Skinks find it easy to become Coalesced in the realm of Ulgu's swirling mists”[/Quote]

Are you sure this source can be trusted?

sounds like heresy to me

I am going in with very few expectations but still slightly higher than others.

For sure we will get the Idoneth Tome announced.
I feel like we will likely see the Fyreslayer tome, but if we don't then I think they will be souped and the book will take a little longer to release.
If we don't get the Fyreslayer tome reveal I think we will possibly see the new Nighthaunt hero and an anouncment for their book.
Finally We might get an exclusive AOS mini for some sort of store or tournament event... it will be an infantry hero with the head of an enemy from an army we have yet to see killed by an exclusive Stormcast mini... maybe a vampire or an ossiarch skull.

Well New model definitely yes, LVO is a big event so I would dare say AoS will get model reveal for getting a slot in the show unlike the last online event

how much new models they are going to reveal is up in the air. Is it just one or is it a bit more then that is the question

9 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Fyreslayer and Deepkin battletome

BUT also teases to their future new units too that’ll release alongside the tomes.

I’m putting a lot of faith into the leaker that predicted Fury of the Deep when no one else did and he said afterwards he saw a playtester with 3 new Deepkin units & 2 Fyreslayer ones. “I hope you guys like short stack crab cakes” -his tease on them.

So let the Ur-hopium flow with Magma Queens and Battle Crabs! :D 

the end teaser will be NightHaunt too for their glorious new tome(wishing for cool new sub-factions now that the ghosts have settled down with the Necroquake over) and Soul Wars independent rereleases.

Edit: oh for wild card I’d say Sylvaneth teaser for insect cavalry based off the clean bug leg rumor engine.

Mate if that leaker is legit and IDK and Fyreslayers are getting new units that's going to be ****** massive news and we can all rejoice!! I sure hope it's true, especially with the Crabs!!

OT my expectations are the exact same as everyone else with IDK and Fyreslayer tome reveals alongside the Nighthaunt model with more info coming soon.

My hopium is that we get a tease of more models in the future, even if it's just snippets and perhaps a look at where the narrative is going to go. And of course OGOR REFRESH!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Are you sure this source can be trusted?

sounds like heresy to me

He’s got a good track record so far.

Predicted Red Harvest, Fury of the Deep and even called Nagash getting a new Warscroll and being playable with the NightHaunt.

Besides that I give him credit for a sensible rumor list with no clickbait “whoa Chaos duardin and Dawncrusaders soon!!” But just Deepkin & Fyreslayers with Sylvaneth down the line lead by a Lady of Vines and NightHaunt release with a probable Gloomspite vs Slaves to Darkness box towards year’s end. 

Barring some extras like Cursed City expansions and more Realm Rules battlepacks it sounds like a quieter year for AoS to gather it’s feet after the having to juggle so many big releases while the world was on fire.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

None I’m afraid.

That's not really true. That leaker post that weeks after the IDK vs Fyreslayers rumour was a "fact" (Whitefang seal).

I'm only expecting IDK, Fyreslayers battletome and the Nighthaunt + model.

14 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

I guess I'm assuming that new edition means that everyone will get a new book sooner or later, and the order they come out will bear little to no resemblance to who actually needs one!

Personally, I have some assumptions about how GW decides what tomes to put out. This is all just educated guessing, but I think it's plausible. At least if we don't think that GW just draws faction names out of a hat, in which case all bets are off, anyway.

• As a basic principle, battletomes are updated in order of age. The oldest battletomes get updated first, perhaps with some variance (second oldest jumps the queue because it's otherwise convenient). Books get updated about every three years in this way.
  • GW seems to do about 3 to 4 large scale kit releases for AoS a year. Maybe that's limited by production capability or maybe it's a marketing thing, but I think that pattern more or less holds up. Those large releases result in exceptions in the otherwise chronological update schedule.
  • Those exceptions can take the form of a book jumping the queue like Orruk Warclans most recently did. Or they can manifest as a delay, when an army is schedules for a large-scale update, but a given year is already seeing too many other releases.

In the case of Daughters, I don't see them getting a big model release any time soon. They have one of the newest books, just having received an update with a bunch of support in the beginning of Broken Realms. So I don't know why they would be in line for a new battletome at this stage. I could be wrong, though. Lumineth and Hedonites have shown that it is possible for a faction to get two battletomes only a year or so apart, after all. So another big DoK release might be in the cards. What I would find puzzling, though, if DoK getting only a tome and a model. Because that decision would have had to be made at before the 2021 DoK tome released, and I can't see the reasoning behind it in that case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Personally, I have some assumptions about how GW decides what tomes to put out. This is all just educated guessing, but I think it's plausible. At least if we don't think that GW just draws faction names out of a hat, in which case all bets are off, anyway.

• As a basic principle, battletomes are updated in order of age. The oldest battletomes get updated first, perhaps with some variance (second oldest jumps the queue because it's otherwise convenient). Books get updated about every three years in this way.
  • GW seems to do about 3 to 4 large scale kit releases for AoS a year. Maybe that's limited by production capability or maybe it's a marketing thing, but I think that pattern more or less holds up. Those large releases result in exceptions in the otherwise chronological update schedule.
  • Those exceptions can take the form of a book jumping the queue like Orruk Warclans most recently did. Or they can manifest as a delay, when an army is schedules for a large-scale update, but a given year is already seeing too many other releases.

In the case of Daughters, I don't see them getting a big model release any time soon. They have one of the newest books, just having received an update with a bunch of support in the beginning of Broken Realms. So I don't know why they would be in line for a new battletome at this stage. I could be wrong, though. Lumineth and Hedonites have shown that it is possible for a faction to get two battletomes only a year or so apart, after all. So another big DoK release might be in the cards. What I would find puzzling, though, if DoK getting only a tome and a model. Because that decision would have had to be made at before the 2021 DoK tome released, and I can't see the reasoning behind it in that case.

Interesting analysis. I guess we'll find out. Though my guess is that this week won't tell us anything that far ahead, and if they do announce something big, it will come completely out of left field. We shall see!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The supposed Witch Elf being a Cursed City expansion makes the most sense to me.

She resembles a normal Sister of Slaughter too much to be a new kit or Hero whilst still looking unique, but both Underworlds and War Cry have seen dedicated DoK releases very recently. Add to that Cursed City's roster largely comprising of Order characters and the whole 'blood' theme running through the game, it would fit imo.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I’m a Nighthaunt player, so may have some bias, but I expect it to be announced that the next book will be Nighthaunt along with whatever model the New Year preview teased.

I then expect a new unit to be teased for Fyreslayers and Idoneth but no book announcement for either yet. 

I think NH will jump them because it’s a Death book, which they haven’t released yet this edition. They also have already showed a new model for it. 

They have not shown anything else for Idoneth or Fyreslayers yet, just a clue that more is coming soon. I’m hopeful both armies receive a couple new kits, and that could give the AoS Preview more model weight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm so much more excited now for the Preview at the chance of something new for IDK and Fyreslayers!! If anything new is shown for Fyreslayers those fans are going to swarm on it!!  

It is better if you low your hype level. I think that Baron Klutz is mixing legit sources with fake sources... A lot of fake rumorus are using Whitefang hints or other confirmed like the Red Harvest content rumour to obtain some virality.

The Red Harvest source never said anything about IDK or Fyreslayers. The original post only refers about Warcry 2, NH vs LRL box and Sylvaneth with Lady of Vines but without Kurnothis.