Gristlegore still got it? Just won 100 player event in Belgium

Ben

29 minutes ago, Karragon said:

Gristlegore never lost it, they're just monumentally boring for your opponent to play against.

The FAQ nerf put them in a pretty good place power wise, strong but not overbearing, they're just soooo booooring.

A lot of that comes from a lack unit choice.

Yet I still sometimes like to take my Ghouls out for a feast day now and then (which usually ends with me getting a whopping since I am out of practice and therefor forgetting half their rules xD)

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

A lot of that comes from a lack unit choice.

Yet I still sometimes like to take my Ghouls out for a feast day now and then (which usually ends with me getting a whopping since I am out of practice and therefor forgetting half their rules xD)

Oh I don't mean FEC in general. I was running FEC to tournaments almost all of last year and both I and a majority of my opponents had a good time, Feast Day + Horrors is loads of fun or Blisterskin + Flayers. It's just Gristlegore that's problematic. It's the same problem as Slaanesh. Here let me attack you with 1600 (2 GKoTG fighting twice) points of my army before you get to do anything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karragon said:

Oh I don't mean FEC in general. I was running FEC to tournaments almost all of last year and both I and a majority of my opponents had a good time, Feast Day + Horrors is loads of fun or Blisterskin + Flayers. It's just Gristlegore that's problematic. It's the same problem as Slaanesh. Here let me attack you with 1600 (2 GKoTG fighting twice) points of my army before you get to do anything.

But thats not how it works. 

Its just the general that attacks first and only in a turn where he charged now. 

I‘d LOVE to play against an army focused around big scary monsters. 

Don‘t know why it would be boring to play against. 

1 minute ago, Phasteon said:

But thats not how it works. 

Its just the general that attacks first and only in a turn where he charged now. 

I‘d LOVE to play against an army focused around big scary monsters. 

Don‘t know why it would be boring to play against. 

Your general fights at the start of the combat phase, twice if you feeding frenzy. Then you go to normal picking order and pick another GKoTG and fight twice with it with feeding frenzy. Essentially 4 activations on your turn before your opponent gets to pick, if they've got anything left in combat at that point

• Like 1

Firstly I'd like to say congratulations to @ChippyRickwell deserved victory, I hope you got your massive hammer home safely!

FEC are still very strong I've played Ricky's list a few times and it's brutal. I really think we need to see more shooting heavy lists, it doesn't matter how powerful something is in combat if you can shoot it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tooooon said:

So wait, how does Ghoul Patrol play these days? Been out of the loop for a while, so not sure if much has changed with it

It doesn't "play". It's there because it's the least expensive way to take battalion giving your list invalueble extra CP and artefact.

2 hours ago, Karragon said:

Your general fights at the start of the combat phase, twice if you feeding frenzy. Then you go to normal picking order and pick another GKoTG and fight twice with it with feeding frenzy. Essentially 4 activations on your turn before your opponent gets to pick, if they've got anything left in combat at that point

Assuming you get the charge, otherwise your general will be killed before he striked. 

Or he gets shot by KO/Tzeenth fly by. 

I see this list as a challenge, there are enough counterplay options to make it an insteresting match up. 

I was just disagreeing with the point that its „boring“ to face that list. 

13 hours ago, Tooooon said:

So wait, how does Ghoul Patrol play these days? Been out of the loop for a while, so not sure if much has changed with it

IMO it's ok- thing is with arch-regents you get 20 ghouls coming on any board edge anywways. So it's really to lower drops and get another artefact more than that actual ghouls. 

5 hours ago, Phasteon said:

I think its funny that the „viability“ of armies is measured in tournament placements, as those placements alone are not purely dictated by an armies capability. 

A bad army will never be able to place in an environment where everyone is taking the most powerful lists.  Even an ok army will almost never be able to place in that army.  The greatest players in the world also usually always take the strongest lists they can, or if not THE strongest, A strong list (viable) because this is a game of probabilities and if you aren't taking a high probability list you aren't placing.  As such that is how one can tell what is viable or not.  

Even poor players can do well with strong armies, particularly if they are playing other poor or middling players because the math in this game is very powerful and has a high impact.  I've seen tournament placing strong players take middle of the road armies and get beaten by weak players playing very strong armies, pretty much every time that experiment happens down at the store.  What you rarely see are big tournament results showing weak armies placing high overall, even with the best players in the world.