Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, NotAWzrd said:

Does anyone know what the reason for Ymetrica having a variant colour scheme is? 

As far as I know there is no special reason. Ymetrica hs been the main faction so far, maybe that’s why? Or they just thought this would also fit.

I don’t think there is a lore reason or something like that. 

For the Alarith temple we have the Stonemage, the Stoneguard and the dual kit battle cow.

Do you think we will also have three units for the wind temple? So far we have the cloud mage and the Camel Cav unit.
Maybe a phoenix or a ballista would fit the desert/wind theme imo. Cant wait to find out more about the 2nd wave :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

For the Alarith temple we have the Stonemage, the Stoneguard and the dual kit battle cow.

Do you think we will also have three units for the wind temple? So far we have the cloud mage and the Camel Cav unit.
Maybe a phoenix or a ballista would fit the desert/wind theme imo. Cant wait to find out more about the 2nd wave :)

Fox Spirit would round out Wind Temple at three units, same as Alarith, but GW has also been teasing Blademasters, so I think the Lumineth release will probably be bigger than most people expect. Maybe a Vanari Blademaster unit, artillery piece, and generic martial hero to release alongside Wind Temple.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

As @madmac mentioned, if we go by the Battletome, the Wind Temple are cloud riding mages (could be also a unit or both), a fox-faced spirit of the wind (named spirit is also mentioned, so could be dual kit again), and some kind of ranged cavalry unit. It doesn’t say anything about camels, could fit with the desert theme, but if we go by the example of the Alarith, a fox-faced wind spirit would mean some kind of long-legged fox cavalry. Doesn’t have to be that of course, they could just venerate foxes, but don’t use them as beasts of burden. 

In addition, the cavalry unit we saw didn’t look like it’s part of the temple (no wind runes, but sun symbols, the armour also looks Vanari style, but hard to say from the small part they showed). The colour scheme on the other hand looked similar to that of the cloud mages, so maybe it’s the wind temple cavalry unit. Otherwise maybe a Vanari hero?  

Then, we could get Blademaster unit. Having the Bladelord out there and it being teased in Broken Realms at least makes it a possibility. Maybe also with a hero attached (Loreseeker?)

I don’t think we’ll get an additional artillery piece, but the wind spirit could be one. It has a bow that one-shotted (well kinda) the Scribes. Could be a teleporting artillery piece. 

I’d be disappointed a bit, if we don’t get the full temple. Anything extra would be awesome. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 3

On 1/8/2021 at 10:10 PM, NotAWzrd said:

Does anyone know what the reason for Ymetrica having a variant colour scheme is? 

I wonder if it's just to show that just because you're from a particular great nation, doesn't mean all your units have to dress exactly the same.

Just like in the old High Elves heraldry books, even from the same nation different units could have different trim, different shield design, different cloak colours, etc.

I have got a rules question regarding Myari's Purifiers.

They all got the Ymetrica Keyword in their warscroll. However, it might be great playing them in an Syar or Zaitrec army. Stacking -1 to hit buffs could be great fun.

I assume they cannot get those nation keyword? Will all the rules get applied?

I think Myari and the Warband will each get a seperate aetherquarz reserve?

This is under the Lumineth Great Nations rule:

If a model already has a Great Nation keyword on its warscroll, it cannot gain another one. This does not preclude you from including the unit in your army, but you cannot use the allegiance abilities for its Great Nation.

So basically, you can take Myari's Purifiers in a Syar nation, but they won't gain the Syar keyword and therefore won't benefit from any of the SYAR allegiance abilities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I have got a rules question regarding Myari's Purifiers.

They all got the Ymetrica Keyword in their warscroll. However, it might be great playing them in an Syar or Zaitrec army. Stacking -1 to hit buffs could be great fun.

I assume they cannot get those nation keyword? Will all the rules get applied?

I think Myari and the Warband will each get a seperate aetherquarz reserve?

To reply to the other part of your question, yes they each get an Aetherquartz, as it says on the Warscroll that they are a seperate unit. 

Sadly, like with many of the Warbands they have chosen the keywords carefully in a way to make it really difficult to use them in AoS. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kozokus said:

Super secret : the camels you all seems so see everywhere might be order aligned Mindstealer syphranx with riders. they comes from Hysh after all and nothing says that they where ALL corrupted by Tzeentch.

Yup, that's also a possibility, would fit with the fox-faced wind spirit. People are also talking about that. They'd have to look a bit different though, because of the "long-legged", and the pelt seems different. But it's a possibility. 

3 hours ago, xking said:

How do you know they are camels?

It's really just a theory, but based on the shape and design of the mount's neck, it appears to be some sort of dromedary or llama/alpaca-type creature (assuming it correlates to any kind of real-world creature at all.)

The overall shape and design doesn't seem to line up with the Sphiranx (they have a very built fore-body and long, thick, shaggy neck) but that isn't necessarily conclusive as the Mindstealer Sphiranx is supposed to have been corrupted by the power of Chaos, and may have mutated from its base form.

My personal preference would be that the mount is an uncorrupted Sphiranx, as it's a preexisting part of the lore that we haven't seen and is a natural tie-in for the army. It's also an intelligent creature that could have a unique bond with it's rider/companion (echoing the relationship between Teclis and Celenar, even if this one lets people ride it into battle.) Unfortunately, I feel this is the least likely based on what I can make of its design.

The camel theory is based largely on the swoop of the neck and the fact that you can just make out the shape of its head around the 19 second mark on the trailer, coupled with the fact that there's a lore snippet in the LRL battletome featuring a desert-base Wind Temple that discusses the cloud riders and long-limbed mounts. It's hardly conclusive, and even if it's nearest the truth I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the AoS design team used a camel as the base design and then Aosified the ever-loving heck out of it (which is ultimately what I personally suspect we're dealing with.)

The llama/alpaca theory is based largely on the swoop of the neck (again) and the Lumineth's unique design aesthetic choices thus far (see yak mountain-cows.)  If this is the route they went, then they again likely modified the original creature into something truly unique.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 2

What @OkayestDM mentioned, plus Tom from a Warhammer Weekly mentioned that, so a lot of people will talk about it. The colour, neck part we see, “long-legged” and desert make it a possibility. 

If we go by the Alarith it could be some kind of fox creature. 

And then the rider doesn’t even have something to do with the Temple. Nothing on the small part we see hints at a temple specifically. 

So right now, it could be almost anything. The dragon/phoenix picture shown in the Lumineth Battletome also has a very long neck. 

19 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

It's really just a theory, but based on the shape and design of the mount's neck, it appears to be some sort of dromedary or llama/alpaca-type creature (assuming it correlates to any kind of real-world creature at all.)

The overall shape and design doesn't seem to line up with the Sphiranx (they have a very built fore-body and long, thick, shaggy neck) but that isn't necessarily conclusive as the Mindstealer Sphiranx is supposed to have been corrupted by the power of Chaos, and may have mutated from its base form.

My personal preference would be that the mount is an uncorrupted Sphiranx, as it's a preexisting part of the lore that we haven't seen and is a natural tie-in for the army. It's also an intelligent creature that could have a unique bond with it's rider/companion (echoing the relationship between Teclis and Celenar, even if this one lets people ride it into battle.) Unfortunately, I feel this is the least likely based on what I can make of its design.

The camel theory is based largely on the swoop of the neck and the fact that you can just make out the shape of its head around the 19 second mark on the trailer, coupled with the fact that there's a lore snippet in the LRL battletome featuring a desert-base Wind Temple that discusses the cloud riders and long-limbed mounts. It's hardly conclusive, and even if it's nearest the truth I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the AoS design team used a camel as the base design and then Aosified the ever-loving heck out of it (which is ultimately what I personally suspect we're dealing with.)

The llama/alpaca theory is based largely on the swoop of the neck (again) and the Lumineth's unique design aesthetic choices thus far (see yak mountain-cows.)  If this is the route they went, then they again likely modified the original creature into something truly unique.

Aren't Mindstealer Sphiranx mages who have been transformed as a punishment or something.

1 hour ago, Blackthorn said:

Aren't Mindstealer Sphiranx mages who have been transformed as a punishment or something.

I did a little looking into it and none of the online resources clarify whether or not they were originally human. It talks about their corruption by Tzeentch, which honestly doesn't help beause change is one of Tzeentch's shticks. There's apparently a lore-blurb on them in the STD Battletome (pg.  46-47?) but I don't own that one so I can't confirm anything.

I feel like I read somewhere that they were  originally "noble creatures" from Hysh, but perhaps I was just inferring more than was actually written.

3 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

I did a little looking into it and none of the online resources clarify whether or not they were originally human. It talks about their corruption by Tzeentch, which honestly doesn't help beause change is one of Tzeentch's shticks. There's apparently a lore-blurb on them in the STD Battletome (pg.  46-47?) but I don't own that one so I can't confirm anything.

I feel like I read somewhere that they were  originally "noble creatures" from Hysh, but perhaps I was just inferring more than was actually written.

It might have  wen the word “mystics” which made people think they were human. But as far as I understand the text, they were always a similar creature. But it’s not really clear. 

D1477BB5-C502-4D62-8C37-A97956C5B4DA.jpeg

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

It might have  wen the word “mystics” which made people think they were human. But as far as I understand the text, they were always a similar creature. But it’s not really clear.

Thanks for the lore text!

I'm of the mind that if they were originally human, the GW writers would have made a point of mentioning that they were transformed into their current form to really emphasize how much they were altered by Tzeentch's corruption, as opposed to merely mentioning the third eye. It's hardly conclusive though; as you said the text isn't clear one way or the other.

Edited by OkayestDM

Awesome post @LuminethMage
This makes me ask “what are they!?!” also.

It calls them “Leonine Creatures”,  and “order of Hyshian mystics”, and Teclis used them as “custodians of treasures”.   But then it says the eye was bestowed upon the “creatures”. 
Maybe they are/were a semi intelligent/aware being/creature but not a “humanoid” type?  Thus being able to be directly corrupted by Chaos?  (I’m new ish so not sure exactly how this corruption works. Is it different for animals than for “people”? )

In AoS are there other “animals” that have a connection to the Aether?

also, I’d love for this to be a new non corrupted model/unit. The model is awesome.  I’m not a fan of a “camel” but a weird long necked feline type with ram horns that can “pounce upon and crush foes” ?  Take my money! So much cooler that the Mountain Yak style. (This feline face could be construed as fox like as well.) 

But isn’t it huge!?  It comes on a 90mm oval base, like the SC Fulminators/Decimators/etc kits.  Imagine he LRL getting a huge cavalry unit like that!?! Maybe as been said above, that not all were corrupted and Teclis saved/helped them?

although after another look at the video, the “neck” of the mount doesn’t look like a sphyrinx.....

Edited by Wyliekyote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1