Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

So what do you guys think, how many kits are left?

The Vanari Auralan Wardens make it sound like there are other Vanari units (similar to Namarti Reavers and Thralls).

The Dawnriders come in sets of 5, so there could be enough space in the roster  for a more elite cav unit?

More generic heroes are a given. 

EDIT: more generic HEROES, not units... 

Edited by Gecktron

11 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

The Vanari Auralan Wardens make it sound like there are other Vanari units (similar to Namarti Reavers and Thralls).

The Dawnriders come in sets of 5, so there could be enough space in the roster  for a more elite cav unit?

More generic units are a given. 

I suspect we might get another centrepiece model. If you look at recent new armies there have normally been two big kits. 

Idoneth - Eidolon and leviadon 

Gloomspite - Mangler and Troggboss 

Bonereapers - Mortarch and Catapult

Lumineth - Teclis +??? 

Hopefully a dragon? 

Presumably they will need some generic heroes too. Probably one military guy and one wizard at the least. Unlikely to see more than two named characters. 

I would think the spears might have another build option with swords possibly? 

• Like 1

About 8 other kits seems a reasonable guess. Mages, non character Eltharion leader, new ranged unit, sword masters, hopefully chariots and few others. I wonder if Teclis will be a dual kit.

I like what they've done with them. Not really feeling Teclis but Eltharion is great.

6 minutes ago, LeSwordfish said:

I believe the concept art included mounted archers, so I would imagine there will be an alternate build for that.

There's also an elf with a bow that's direct towards the viewer at about: 0:05 in the video.

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

Interesting design aesthetic, battleline reminds me of Greek hoplites. I’m actually surprised they aren’t more fantastical in appearance given GW’s designs for the more recent armies. These are fairly tame in comparison. Elegant, but with a familiar old world elf vibe

• Like 1

For now my prediction mostly holds true btw - I think that you will be able to use these new spearmen and cavalry both in AOS and revived fantasy. And I think it's safe to say that old HE models should be playable instead of the new ones if someone would want not to buy those gorgeous looking models to save money and use old kits instead.

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I suspect we might get another centrepiece model. If you look at recent new armies there have normally been two big kits. 

Idoneth - Eidolon and leviadon 

Gloomspite - Mangler and Troggboss 

Bonereapers - Mortarch and Catapult

Lumineth - Teclis +??? 

Hopefully a dragon? 

Presumably they will need some generic heroes too. Probably one military guy and one wizard at the least. Unlikely to see more than two named characters. 

I would think the spears might have another build option with swords possibly? 

The vanari riders have a dragon flag so I REALLY HOPE FOR A DRAGON

please?

• Like 3

Oh cool! Archers! Yes!

I’m such a huge fan of these dudes! I’ll keep putting exclamation marks every sentence! 

I think they’ll get an elite unit, some big beasty, like a dragon or massive eagle thing or something, and maybe another elite beasty unit, like great eagles or lions or something. Then a few generic heroes as others have said.

• Like 1

So I've held off on committing to a second army for a while now - and having seen these models, I'm glad I did, because something about these is really doing it for me. The aesthetic is definitely more in line with classic WHFB than most other recent armies (which is obviously intentional, both in- and out-of-universe), but I'm personally okay with that; if I want units with a true AOS vibe, I've got my Stormcast. I even like the Teclis model, though I can understand those who aren't as enthused. Here's hoping the rest of the kits are as high quality as the ones we've seen here!

One thing that does make me a bit nervous is the color scheme - I love the clean white look they've achieved on the armor and cloaks, and I definitely want to replicate it... but I've also found shading and highlighting whites to be extremely challenging to this point in my hobby career. But hey, I was gonna have to learn eventually, I suppose.

• Like 2

They are really nice, maybe Teclis is a bit rare but they are going to be my mixed old-new army. I love elfs and I was thinking of making an old army with high elfs so this Lumineth are perfect because (for now) I feel they not feel like other army if we put together with some old high elfs... 

So time to get ready my spire of dawn pack and some other archers and Silver helms

I hope they have a bolt thrower, and charriot, and of course a Dragon.  Would be cool that they make the old units redone and add some ultra fantastic ones 

6 hours ago, Gecktron said:

More generic heroes are a given. 

EDIT: more generic HEROES, not units... 

First of all, I'm mega-excited with this release. High elves were my first love in Fantasy and I have only collected CoS to use my Phoenix Guard (And Mawtribes because I also had some Ogre Kingdoms), but didn't want to invest in a "pure" AoS army till the new "high elves" were released. And, oh boy, those units. And that Eltharion!

With that said, and following the pattern of Idoneth and Ossiarch releases (which I think are the latest completely new armies) my guess would be:

Dual kit: Dawnriders/new "ellyrion reavers"

Dual kit: Vanari Auralan Wardens (Spears)/"new archers"

Behemot: Dragon

War machine: new repeater bolt thrower

Elite unit: New "swordmasters"/new "elite archers"

Generic mage + Kit for mounted or dismounted lord (like the former elf noble)

This, along with Teclis and Eltharion, would mean 13 warscrolls and around 9 kits, which I think was more or less the size of both Ossiarch and Idoneth releases. On top of that, an endless spell and a piece of scenary and we are good to go. I also think that, as somebody said in the rumours post some time ago, Tyrion will come later next year (or even in 2022) with a new "chamber" of warriors for the army, after they have given updates to armies who need a refresh of their lines. I also hope that we can combine Lumineth with the other "-eth" and Phoenicium. Aelf horde, here we go!

Man I was hoping the last thread would just be renamed. Ah well time to Haunt this one now. 

I hope there is a new dragon kit and a new mounted lord kit, possibly riding an eagle or griffon / sphinx, something to keep up with the mounted knights. I also hope there is a war machine bolt thrower, a monsterous Calvary / dragon unit and some sort of mage captain. I do wonder if they will follow the Sacrosanct chamber and disciples with having basic units have their own power up or spell to make them better. 

Outside of models, I am a bit nervous about the knights. I wanted regular horse knights since the empire knights where discontinued, but I hope the rules for them can match the monstrous Cav that came out. It seems that the riders in modern day fantasy need their mounts to back them up with attacks unless they make the riders absolutely godly on the charge.

(btw new drinking game: everytime someone says hope take a shot of elvish wine 😉

6 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

When do we get new informations?  Do you think between LVO or after it?

Well, considering the most recent info release was yesterday during LVO, I think after it is a fair bet that will be after it. 😉

But, depending on the release I think we will have more info between now and adepticon. If I am remembering correctly and using them as an example, I think the Ossiarchs where released without ties to any major tourney, so maybe those are not things to go by completely.

by the way, does it look like the Wardens are on 25mm bases? because if they are then It's making me wonder if GW has learned a lesson after the idoneth release. The namartii are on very large bases for a horde unit, which lead to their decline on the table top in hordes and thus a decline in model sales because they cannot engage enemies as a horde unit.  Considering the ossiarch Mortek Guard are on 25mm and people absolutely love them, and considering that the wardens look to be in the same vein, I'm thinking GW had a change of design style just to avoid another Namartii type fiasco in the game, which is pretty fascinating to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Well, considering the most recent info release was yesterday during LVO, I think after it is a fair bet that will be after it. 😉

But, depending on the release I think we will have more info between now and adepticon. If I am remembering correctly and using them as an example, I think the Ossiarchs where released without ties to any major tourney, so maybe those are not things to go by completely.

by the way, does it look like the Wardens are on 25mm bases? because if they are then It's making me wonder if GW has learned a lesson after the idoneth release. The namartii are on very large bases for a horde unit, which lead to their decline on the table top in hordes and thus a decline in model sales because they cannot engage enemies as a horde unit.  Considering the ossiarch Mortek Guard are on 25mm and people absolutely love them, and considering that the wardens look to be in the same vein, I'm thinking GW had a change of design style just to avoid another Namartii type fiasco in the game, which is pretty fascinating to me.

I hope that too, but looking at the image the free space on the base is too much to be 25 mm in my opinion. I wish I'm wrong

130ebc40-665x386.jpg

8 minutes ago, Alessio said:

I hope that too, but looking at the image the free space on the base is too much to be 25 mm in my opinion. I wish I'm wrong

130ebc40-665x386.jpg

At the same time, as long as they don't forget that every other spear in AoS has a 2 inch range they should still be better than the namarti. Plus, looking at their stance it looks like their feet are fairly close together. comparing it to the mortek guard, they look like they have around the same amount of negative space. when looked at the same angle. 

Or I could be full of carp. Still, these guys don't look as swol as the namarti, so they could be on 25mms. I know when I saw the previews for the Ossiarchs I thought the mortek would be stormcast sized instead of the size they actually are.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

At the same time, as long as they don't forget that every other spear in AoS has a 2 inch range they should still be better than the namarti. Plus, looking at their stance it looks like their feet are fairly close together. comparing it to the mortek guard, they look like they have around the same amount of negative space. when looked at the same angle. 

Or I could be full of carp. Still, these guys don't look as swol as the namarti, so they could be on 25mms. I know when I saw the previews for the Ossiarchs I thought the mortek would be stormcast sized instead of the size they actually are.

definately 32mm bases :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

definately 32mm bases :)

Eh, even if they are I'm sure the spears have a long enough reach to be used in two ranks at least. I thought the same for mortrek but again I was wrong. This could be an argument till released, but I hold out hope they do not have a namarti situation on their hands.