Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

Only thing I'll be looking to get is a box of Tomb Guard, Sepulchral Stalkers and Necrosphynx. I was considering the core box (because the dragon separate is likely to be in the £70-90 range), but at £175 for primarily ancient sculpts, it's a hard pass.

• Like 1

As someone who likes the old sculpts and been trying to collect Tomb Kings and Bretonnia for the past few years, I am perfectly fine with these prices over how much they go for on secondary markets, used most of the time even. A few months back I gave up on getting a Necrosphinx and the Stalkers cause the cheapest were double this price and already half-painted or missing bitz. So I'm excited to actually get these at least somewhat sane prices NIB lol

10 minutes ago, Sathrut said:

Only thing I'll be looking to get is a box of Tomb Guard, Sepulchral Stalkers and Necrosphynx. I was considering the core box (because the dragon separate is likely to be in the £70-90 range), but at £175 for primarily ancient sculpts, it's a hard pass.

Thats what is making me iffy. Its a load of arguably poor sculpts with some nice new ones for a very high price. I am tempted as I would like to see what I missed and tomb kings are very interesting but yikes on the price.

19 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Is £175 for the tomb kings worth it? 

Rulebook alone is £42.50 separately. The Bone Dragon seems to be inflating the price a lot over the Bretonnian one, so I imagine the overall set will be a decent saving... even if the initial cost is a high one to swallow.

62.50 for 20 Tomb Guards is very high, too high for me TBF...

Then if we look at an old-but-modern WFB range still available : Dark Elves

• 10 Corsaire : 25 euros
  • 10 Dreadspers : 32.50 euros. 
  • 10 Black Guards : 45 euros.

Tomb Guards would be the equivalent of Black Guards, and yet GW did not just apply the "elite price" (doubling it)... At least that.

So when do we think GW will release the rest of the Bretonnian line of models? Both the new models (Lady Elisse and the Knights on Foot) as well as the older sculpts such as the Trebuchet, Questing Knights, Hippogryph Lord and Green Knight? 

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

62.50 for 20 Tomb Guards is very high, too high for me TBF...

Then if we look at an old-but-modern WFB range still available : Dark Elves

• 10 Corsaire : 25 euros
  • 10 Dreadspers : 32.50 euros. 
  • 10 Black Guards : 45 euros.

Tomb Guards would be the equivalent of Black Guards, and yet GW did not just apply the "elite price" (doubling it)... At least that.

I can live with 62,50 euro for 20 Tomb Guards. It's still expensive, but it's a kit from 2011. Compared to a simular kit, that's even older (2008) the Soulblight Grave Guard kit which cost 42,50 euro for only 10 miniatures, it's a much better deal.

I wish it was cheaper. But again we know that these are old kits, but a majority of GW customers have no idea that this is an old kit. So it can't be much cheaper than AoS, as that would be bad for the sales of AoS.

The box art for the TOW sets is incredible, the Tomb Guard looks still very nice. It simply can't be cheaper, because of it would make AoS look even more expensive. 20 Tomb Guard for 62,5 euro or 50 euro for 5 Vanari Bladelords. Which don't have the cool Egyptian theme. 😉 Is already not ideal to have those kits next to each other on a shelf.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Haha 1

Just now, RyantheFett said:

Man just saw the U.S. prices...... not the best. The fact that a good chunk will only be able to get from GW itself is also pretty sad.

Isn't it better now over there? Here in Spain it is easier to get stuff like Forge since they joined the webs.

its a shame the price finnally so high. i was especting 150/170 for bretonian box(doing a calcule of the old price with the increase of 5€ that fantasy boxes got in aos and then around 40% disscount due to be a starter box)

When we tougth was 180€ yesterday i got a bit sad but i was fine and i was going to buy these boxes of empire,dwarfs,wood elfs and high elfs.

Now 205 is a bit too much,i guess i only gonna get the dwarf box because they are my favourite army and forget the other armys

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, michu said:

no, it's 30 euro less

You know what’s the sad part.

the swiss franc is currently almost at an equal value to the British pound

and I’m certain considering the experience I’ve had lately that I’ll be paying the prices as if the dollar is at an equal valye of 1 to the swiss franc for those kits🤮

Edited by Skreech Verminking

16 minutes ago, Doko said:

its a shame the price finnally so high. i was especting 150/170 for bretonian box(doing a calcule of the old price with the increase of 5€ that fantasy boxes got in aos and then around 40% disscount due to be a starter box)

When we tougth was 180€ yesterday i got a bit sad but i was fine and i was going to buy these boxes of empire,dwarfs,wood elfs and high elfs.

Now 205 is a bit too much,i guess i only gonna get the dwarf box because they are my favourite army and forget the other armys

In the end it is all about the random currency exchange GW does for us because those 155 pounds would be 180 €.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Isn't it better now over there? Here in Spain it is easier to get stuff like Forge since they joined the webs.

Oh yeah I’m really digging the mew website just for that.

Last time I was at my local store they told me that they are now capable of ordering from forge world, so while the website isn’t that amazing it did bring something great with it

Edited by Skreech Verminking