AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

@AHexInScarletRed there are still some subtle stories in the setting such as some of the horror stories

https://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-horror/whh-aos/he-feasts-forever-eshort-2019.html

https://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-horror/whh-aos/the-hunt-eshort-2019.html

Indeed I think when it comes to more subtle horrors its where GW is going to develop that arc of the story telling. Esp when regular battles and major event stories are already chock full of horrors and chaos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

@AHexInScarletRed there are still some subtle stories in the setting such as some of the horror stories

https://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-horror/whh-aos/he-feasts-forever-eshort-2019.html

https://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-horror/whh-aos/the-hunt-eshort-2019.html

Indeed I think when it comes to more subtle horrors its where GW is going to develop that arc of the story telling. Esp when regular battles and major event stories are already chock full of horrors and chaos. 

Oh, that's awesome. Thank you! I'll check those out. 

10 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

This is not how we behave on TGA. This is a warning, do not act like this towards another member as there is another way of saying this. For example:

@Dr Ben We’ve not seen the book yet so have no idea how this is actually represented. If it is just priesthood, then you can tailor the background in your army to how you want it to be. Also you could give GW feedback about the army and what you want to see. But let’s get the book first 😉

Thanks for the comment Gaz. That is a good response.

• Like 3

Brainstorming ideas based off what we know.

Fluffy CAs

- armywide 5+ ignore pain(ala necrons). this may be a ward or built in resurrect/resummon or even both. With supporting modifiers in items and characters. They have to be just as tough as nighthaunt if they want to be the elite of undead.

- ignore battleshock. Elite troops. plus the fact they will be very expensive troops so unlikely to need to take many if at all.

Mortek guard. Gotta be expensive and tough compared to GG. Im thinking there is going to be a lot of sequitor fighting styles in this army because they have multiple personalities/owners. They may even rock 2w and be very expensive. The biggest question mark is their movement. Skeletons rock a disastrous mv4. not sure if these guys will follow suite. 3+/4+/-1/3a.

Deathriders. I honestly cannot see these guys better than bloodknights. Vampire > construct. Knights for the most part are not statistically good in AoS unfortunately. 

Bonereapers. Probably take an ogre, make it better, tougher, add the army rules. then add 3 abilities that can be switched on or off. im expecting 3+, 4+ 3a. -1, 2d and stances like +1a, -1 to be hit, reroll armor saves, reroll hits and wounds

Morghasts.  Im expecting a point drop to around 80

Crawler. this is huge. Im expecting this to be like 36" range. D6mw + X per 10 models. They specifically stated it destroys fortifications. So might have an effect on custom scenery.

katakros- im expecting the Morathi x damager per turn cap rule. I also expect some amazing CA and CP generation.  Wouldnt surprise me if he got a bonus to turn order.

Edited by soots

25 minutes ago, Neck-Romantic said:

Katakros could also end up like the Necron character that deactivates enemy special rules too; could be fun..

*poof* enemy players cannot alter fight activation orders

Anything that raises a middle finger to Slaanesh is welcome to me...if that middle finger is large enough to be seen from space so much the better

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Austin said:

I keep seeing the 25mm base size rumor for infantry doing the rounds, which seems off based on the pics from Nova.  25mm would be interesting and helpful to conversions based on existing skeletons I suppose, so that could be nice.

It already got corrected to be 32mm bases shortly after though. It just didn't reach everyone on the internet yet. ^^

• Like 1

I'm sitting here working out how I'm going to wait until possible mid to late october for these shiny new models whilst at the same time trying to work out how I can afford any in that month! :P GW has darn well mucked up my army building and buying plans for the rest of the year with this release! Though I really hope they get a few more models for their launch. I know GW can balance up smaller armies now quite well for AoS, but I'd really like to see a touch more variety - a hint of those grand mighty armies from the Old World returning once again. Gloomspite got a fantastic release for that with a huge variety of models. I really hope that Bonereapers gets similar treatment. 

A couple of infantry, a few big things, a couple of leaders and casters etc.... #My minor worry is that GW's tease of "not all the models yet" turns out just to be coffincarrying guy (as technically they've not "shown" that model as a photo so us yet only in the video) 

Just watching the video and the photos so far I can see

Infantry swords and shields
Infantry spears and sheilds

1 example of a duel handed sword, but this could be a leader sculpt, if not then its a 3rd form.

Cavalry with spears
Cavalry with swords

Bone catapult appears to have two kinds of ammo. Either sculls or what looks like some kind of soul casket. However I couldn't see any different on it save for the ammo so this could purely be a decorative thing; or an in-game change that basically isn't too important to model (ergo yes its ideal but as its the only difference either magnets or counts as).

Now GW has been doing infantry with different weapons on different profiles as of late to try and make armies appear bigger than they are. Slaanesh got it with their mortal seeker riders being split into two different kinds. GW has said they do this so that each unit can be distinctly different with abilities, stats and points; though thus far I've not actually seen them do it and the only difference has been weapons. 

If they made the units mechanically different outside of the weapons for the Bone Reapers that could make them get more mileage out of a smaller model release. 

Coffin Bob was pictured in the display cabinet at NOVA. So I would say that barring them putting him out by accident then he has been shown.

It's a safe assumption that the trebuchet kit will build into something quite different. 

Whether we get any big monsters is the real question for me. I am really, really hoping that we do.

Also, we seem a bit lacking in Heroes at the moment.  I'm dog tired right now but so far it's just Krataos and Coffin Bob, isn't it?

1 minute ago, Souleater said:

Coffin Bob was pictured in the display cabinet at NOVA. So I would say that barring them putting him out by accident then he has been shown.

It's a safe assumption that the trebuchet kit will build into something quite different. 

Whether we get any big monsters is the real question for me. I am really, really hoping that we do.

Also, we seem a bit lacking in Heroes at the moment.  I'm dog tired right now but so far it's just Krataos and Coffin Bob, isn't it?

The flying one with the Scythe, too. 

Yeah I was hoping we'd get another leader, but that's partly because visually the other two leader type models appear to be support/caster type leaders and the one with the casket could even be a unique hero. A generic warrior leader would be good to add. Something to lead the armies when the general isn't on the field. 

The Bone Catapult making something else makes perfect sense, though it will be interesting to see what! 

On 9/2/2019 at 12:39 PM, soots said:

katakros- im expecting the Morathi x damager per turn cap rule. I also expect some amazing CA and CP generation.  Wouldnt surprise me if he got a bonus to turn order.

This. CP generation is insane in the new armies (gloomspite) which has completely countered their old weakness of horrible bravery.

I can also see battleshock resistance around heroes coming into play. 

My wish list for unseen bonreapers stuff includes:

Generic fighty hero

Big, non-flying monster that could reasonably double as new warshpinx rules - this could potentially be a dual kit with the catapult, if it has a variant build with warriors in a howda in place of the seige engine.

Ranged attack variants of the stalkers, and maybe the cavalry as well (giving counts as rules options for bowshabti and old stalkers)

1-2 additional named characters for more personality/variety/drama

Morghasts with new & improved warscrolls as a native part of the faction, updating the Legion of Nagash warscrolls in the process

Morghast hero, possibly as one of the previously mentioned named characters

actually good endless spells

signature faction terrain apart from the necropolis fortifications in the reveal video.  That stuff looks cool, but also super expensive, and way too big for every game use.

Legion of the Necropolis variant faction rules combining bonereapers and, at the very least, deathrattle factions in a single allegiance with legion style faction rules.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2

It would be cool to have a huge massive beast. A big, rare and epic monster made all of bones like a giant skeleton or a massive Dragon or something that explodes our minds. Giant centipede, giant bug, giant crab or giant duck toy or a brutal teddy bear made of bones and freaking things 

Edited by Hoseman
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2019 at 6:26 PM, Overread said:

Yeah I was hoping we'd get another leader, but that's partly because visually the other two leader type models appear to be support/caster type leaders and the one with the casket could even be a unique hero. A generic warrior leader would be good to add. Something to lead the armies when the general isn't on the field. 

The Bone Catapult making something else makes perfect sense, though it will be interesting to see what! 

After Kurdoss turned out to be the fighty one in Nighthaunt, I don't judge on appearances if they are going to be fighty or casty heroes!