AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

26 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

They state quite clearly that Ironjawz got their own rules, BS got their own rules and then a 3rd options to combine them, why would they release an Ironjawz book then? Not going to happen. Hope they have something interesting up their sleeve to "compensate" for nothing new, Ironjawz being such a narrow but new model line seems like a huge miss to not expand on. 

it probably be like 40K supplement codex where they go and release a new tome specifically for Ironjawz if they made more models for them.

Orruk Warclan (don't really like the Tome name either) probably be a soup tome that incorporate more different Orruks groups (like returning Greenskins)

4 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

"Check back on Saturday the 5th of October to pre-order everything here – and stay tuned for more previews of Cities of Sigmar and Orruk Warclans throughout next week."

Hopefully an interesting week ahead

They changed / fixed it to the 28 th september !

• Like 2

As unlikely as it seems, I'm hoping The Great Waaagh allegiance is a lowkey parallel to CoS with an improved Stoneklaw Gutstompa's allegiance. I doubt it, but that would include both Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz together and the fact it comes out alongside CoS is an incredible coincidence. I'd love to see Greenskinz buffed, especially now that the Megaboss's command ability seems to be +1 to hit rather than stacking extra attacks. 

I expect all warscrolls to be changed, proably ardboyz the least and the warchanter/megaboss/Mawkrusha the most. I would not be surprised if the warchanter form IJ gets some "prayers" like Khorne Slaughterpriests as they seem to fit the same kind of role. I don't expect them to just still be +1 to hit, that seems too basic these days, but guess time will tell soon enough now.

1 hour ago, Batch said:

So you guys think this will be removing the waaah to give units extra attacks? It made more sense to make them hit with more attacks, not more precisely. 

With the allegiance getting waaagh points, I think that's where the extra attacks will come from 

What I'm hoping for is something like bloodtithe points.

"When you activate a unit to fight gain 1 waaagh! Point. These waaagh! Points can be spent to gain permanent boosts for your army.

10 WAAAGH! Points: all friendly warclans units gain +1 attack with every weapon.

8 waaagh! All friendly warclans units become bravery 10 and no longer take battleshock tests

That would be very cool, stop the explosive 1 turn and it's over and represent how as orruks get stronger the more they fight.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Malakree said:

What I'm hoping for is something like bloodtithe points.

"When you activate a unit to fight gain 1 waaagh! Point. These waaagh! Points can be spent to gain permanent boosts for your army.

10 WAAAGH! Points: all friendly warclans units gain +1 attack with every weapon.

8 waaagh! All friendly warclans units become bravery 10 and no longer take battleshock tests

That would be very cool, stop the explosive 1 turn and it's over and represent how as orruks get stronger the more they fight.

This could be a really cool system. I'm expecting fight twice rather than extra attacks - Seems to be the trend with armies moving forward. Cities of Sigmar got a CA to pile in and attack as well.

21 minutes ago, Knight Scáthach of Fimm said:

Gotrek was good for five minutes before Bonesplittas show up

Yeah, funny how gotrek literally kills everything and then there are those mad  naked green-things ignoring the most overpowered artefacts in the whole game.

I especially love how those gitz can literally ones shot Morathi in combat 

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah, funny how gotrek literally kills everything and then there are those mad  naked green-things ignoring the most overpowered artefacts in the whole game.

I especially love how those gitz can literally ones shot Morathi in combat 

Gorkamorka, I didn't think about that. Her ability is "negate any wounds past 3 per turn".

So... just shoot her LOL.