AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

I’m disappointed to say the least, I don’t like the bonesplitter appearance or style. My fear is that this means no new Ironjawz models for a while,  shared terrain and endless spells and also no new “normal” orruks.  We’ll see what it’ll end up being but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Edited by Warfiend
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Warfiend said:

I’m disappointed to say the least, I don’t like the bonesplitter appearance or style. My fear is that this means no new Ironjawz models for a while,  shared terrain and endless spells and also no new “normal” orruks.  We’ll see what it’ll end up being but I’m not getting my hopes up.

yeah I feel a bit disappointed too, I not saying it lazy but I feel like they didn't have to soup them together just to get to their tome goals faster

Well since the "death" of Greenskinz, could always use Greenskinz as Bonesplitter count-as if you want a more traditional looking orruk force? Hordes of normal orcs back by elite black orcs of yester year.

(and you know to be fair old O&G had savage orcs with night goblins, a smattering of wolf riders, a black orc here and there, the odd snotling pump wagon if you felt lucky)

I wouldn't worry too much about the combined force being too powerful? I mean it seems balancing 2 'factions' in one book is a lot easier than skaven (who have moulder and eshin in a bit of a rut). I mean when has more options ever been bad! (stop lookign at me SCE...)

• Like 1

Consolidation was always the most efficient option, wasn't it? I told myself when I started up Bonesplitterz that the best case scenario for 2.0 was a mixed book ala Gloomspite, because it increases my unit options and modelling prospects while keeping things tidily in one allegiance.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, soak314 said:

Consolidation was always the most efficient option, wasn't it? I told myself when I started up Bonesplitterz that the best case scenario for 2.0 was a mixed book ala Gloomspite, because it increases my unit options and modelling prospects while keeping things tidily in one allegiance.

Well Gloomspite only one allegiance was really well though out, the other three weren't really optimize with the keyword bingo

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I don't think they look good as a combined force, so I'm sticking with Ironjawz allegiance. My ladz wouldn't hang out with a bunch of puny little naked looniez either.

Given that there are 3 different allegiance options I think it will be good for anyone who has one but wants to start building into the other.  Additionally savage orruks would be a very welcome alternative to ardboys and the wurrgog prophet is still a good caster. 

Honestly I can only see this as a good thing as both provide the other with something they are lacking.

• Like 3

Also, who's up for speculating about warscroll changes. I'll start.

All IJ get +1 wound because we're tougher an arder dan dem humies an stunties. 

Ggs spears getting +1 rend and damage on the charge.

Brutes getting extra rend.

Mawkrusha fists now do 6 damage instead of 3.

Weirdnob gets 2 casts.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Given that there are 3 different allegiance options I think it will be good for anyone who has one but wants to start building into the other.  Additionally savage orruks would be a very welcome alternative to ardboys and the wurrgog prophet is still a good caster. 

Honestly I can only see this as a good thing as both provide the other with something they are lacking.

Yeah there will be three allegiance options, I plan to stick with the Ironjawz allegiance and I hope Ironjawz will get some new warscrolls and minis  either with this Battletome or in future. I'm sure mixing the big armoured ladz and the loonie naked gitz will appeal to some, and it'll no doubt give more options from a gameplay point of view, but they just don't look good together aesthetically to me personally.

1 minute ago, novakai said:

it depend on what the mixed allegiance ability is, I have a feeling it going to have a limitation of You must have Gordrak in the army for that allegiance to work type deal.

That would ruin it tbh. I suspect it will reduce the battleline options and maybe get a different broader allegiance ability.

So brutes/the only battleline for ironjawz

8 minutes ago, DanteeChaos said:

Are we getting a terrain and endless spells like other 2.0 factions did? 

Unknown how that will work at this stage.

Quite possible that we will get 'generic' Orruk ES and Terrain that fits both armies.

E.g. a Fist (or Foot) of Gork (or Mork) Endless spell fits both IJ and BS.

42 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I hope Ironjawz will get some new warscrolls and minis  either with this Battletome

Very doubtful as Malign Portent Herald releases have pretty much set in stone who gets (significantly) new models and who doesn't outside of 1 new model from VS boxes (and of course endless spells + terrain)

"but slaanesh!"

All 40k compatible models so that doesn't exactly count.

So there is a picture of a savage orruk riding an wyvern from white dorf which is promising.

IMG-20190720-WA0005.jpg.7bcf97c2df1248a23fa77d194773bf28.jpg

Also we are definitely getting terrain and endless spells, let's be real there is no way they aren't milking that cash cow!

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 5