The Rumour Thread

28 minutes ago, shinros said:

Well one thing is obvious it's death. I think it's deathrattle, not tomb kings. Looks like GW are getting around to it. 

Really!? First thought was sereaphon for me. But now people say death I can see that as well haha

3 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I think this is obviously part of the brand new DEATH faction GW are releasing later this year made up of the skeletal remains of Slaanesh mortal followers.

How can he do that when we most likely don't have any? 😜 You need actual corpses to make undead.  

• Like 1

Going to be a negative nancy and say those bone tendrils remind me a lot of the Chronos/Talos Dark Eldar kit :P.

On the Tomb Kings picture I'll just say that army had some absolutely amazing plastic sculpts and I'm still flabbergasted to this day that GW decided to trash them. They could have at least given those plastics the Flesh Eater court treatment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Qayin said:

Entitlement basically. Even if we do get mortal units they're going to complain about something else. I keep seeing this issue posted at least twice a day on Slannesh FB. Gets really tiring

Ok you’ve convinced me. My entitlement (bc I was expecting these models for free) was out of control and now I will open my wallet and be happy with whatever GW makes or doesn’t make. 

1 hour ago, AaronWilson said:

If only you had a massive range of armoured warriors, unarmoured warriors, armoured knights and skirmish horsemen at your disposal to use :)  All who are mortals 

Oh this is a good point. Nobody pointed out yet that all those existed prior to this release, or that the other Chaos gods have more options. Given that I can’t argue with your logic. Great new release with new armored warriors, armored knights, and skirmish horsemen. 

1 hour ago, AaronWilson said:

It must be a tough tough world where you don't get  the plastic soldiers your heart truly desires. We won't agree on this matter, have a good day my friend. 

And with a closing argument like this, how could I fail to see the error of my ways. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JPjr said:

The mystery derpens...

Sometimes I wonder if GW  make new products just so that they can release these absurdly funny videoes. Can’t wait to see the scene with Duncan dodging brushes thrown at him in slowmotion...

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think the entitlement thing is a bit harsh. This is the first time there has ever been a standalone Slaanesh army book so I don't think it was that unreasonable to expect at least a unit as part of that same release. This isn't a re-release for 2.0 or even a rejoining of an army that had been broken for other books like Skaven and Legions ot Nagash so the lack of dice, units, reboxes of existing units like Hellstriders (battleline with no AoS box and rectangular bases still) does seem a little odd and doesn't fit the blueprint of any other recent NEW army releases that I can think of. They've gone very character heavy and filled gaps in the range that I'm very happy with but I can totally understand people who assumed we were seeing week 1 of a 2 week release feeling a little let down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

I think the entitlement thing is a bit harsh. This is the first time there has ever been a standalone Slaanesh army book so I don't think it was that unreasonable to expect at least a unit as part of that same release. This isn't a re-release for 2.0 or even a rejoining of an army that had been broken for other books like Skaven and Legions ot Nagash so the lack of dice, units, reboxes of existing units like Hellstriders (battleline with no AoS box and rectangular bases still) does seem a little odd and doesn't fit the blueprint of any other recent NEW army releases that I can think of. They've gone very character heavy and filled gaps in the range that I'm very happy with but I can totally understand people who assumed we were seeing week 1 of a 2 week release feeling a little let down.

Yup I didn't want to mention the clear lack of dice unlike the other chaos gods because that might have appeared...petty. ; / Hellstriders are likely going to be reboxed, but overall if mortals don't get anything we only have three mortal models. Still holding out that GW has got the mortals hidden away for week 2 or something. 

Edited by shinros

Wishing but not really holding breath for anything else Slaanesh wise now. The stuff is great but for a Lord Of Chaos this is really mediocre to almost insulting to Slaanesh fans. Khorne, and nurgle had multiple new boxes and units and Tzeentch was tzangors and other models.Unless this is just o tide over for when the big guy/gal escapes then I’d be slightly more ok with it.

Im talking for a first time AoS release not just a 2.0.

Edited by King Taloren
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, King Taloren said:

Wishing but not really holding breath for anything else Slaanesh wise now. The stuff is great but for a Lord Of Chaos this is really mediocre to almost insulting to Slaanesh fans. Khorne, and nurgle had multiple new boxes and units and Tzeentch was tzangors and other models.Unless this is just o tide over for when the big guy/gal escapes then I’d be slightly more ok with it.

Yeah this is pretty much my view at the moment. 

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

What I most hope for are proper Chaos Warriors though, maybe with lots of god-aligned bits. Frankly only Tzeentch and Slaanesh need them as Nurgle and Khorne got their own variants. Plus Slaanesh and Tzeentch share some visual cues in their armor (like more elegant trim, more pointy overall shapes and the like). Keeping my fingers crossed...

Yes, if they actually release a proper Warriors/Chosen kit and a proper Marauders/Darkoath kit, I believe we’ll be fine.

And to everyone who says you can always use StD, I say definitely. When they replace the current models.