The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, polarbear said:

I wonder if there was a change of schedule behind the scenes and the AoS Tzeentch stuff wasn't ready to go yet in its entirety, so they moved the 40k Tzeentch up, hence the big AoS release gap and strange reappearance of Tzaangors. Who knows though.

I saw on another forum that the battleforces are going to be limited? Ugh! Tough decisions ahead...

That seems likely, though it's mostly conjecture. The talk of Tzeentch has been going around for a while, and from the sprues it looks to me that Magnus was supposed to share at least one with a Lord of Change. Perhaps they were finishing up some mortal Tzeentch stuff but it needed redoing. Or, if it was rules rebalancing, I'd say they should take their time :) 

• Like 1

AoS release gap might have been planned. Drop GHB and the Season of War, then the releases dry up. Gives GW time to write suitable fluff for all 2017 releases.  Speculation though. It's not like GW would have struggled to rebox some stuff and dump a book if they just have it lying around.

• Like 2

I think the AOS dry spell is because they wanted to push 40k at the end of the year to make the bottomline look good. They spent a lot of money on the AOS revamp and creating new products like board games and multiple new armies, they need to visit their 40k cashcow and make back that money to keep their investors happy.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I think the AOS dry spell is because they wanted to push 40k at the end of the year to make the bottomline look good. They spent a lot of money on the AOS revamp and creating new products like board games and multiple new armies, they need to visit their 40k cashcow and make back that money to keep their investors happy.

Or in other words 40k fans also deserved a bit of new&better GW.

• Like 3

I think what bothers me most is the combination of the long gap and the lack of communication. After Silver tower came out, I decided I wanted to do an Arcanites army, assuming they would come out soon. In July the Sylvaneth came out and I was very tempted, but I didn't dive in because I assumed the Arcanites would come along soon. Now in December a VERY tempting Slyvaneth box set is out, but they teased Arcanites so they must be soon, right? 

As someone who only gets a couple of hours hobby time a week I cannot buy a new army every month, but had I known in July that the next Battletome would not come out until 2017, I would certainly have bought a bunch of Sylvaneth in July and the December box set too. Instead I have bought nothing and found myself playing titanfall 2 instead of painting and playing AOS.

There are hints of a change in policy but is not enough. I would love it if they came out in January and said Ok This  year we will do 5 new battletomes in Feb, March, June, August and September. We will also do one new board game in May. They need not give any more info than this but it would let people like me make much more confident purchasing decisions, and avoid the disappointment of getting the white dwarf each month and seeing no new AOS stuff.

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

So preorders for the new £100 Battleforce boxes are now up on the New Zealand site, with conformations that they'll contain exclusive battalion warscrolls. No word on if they'll include matched play points and unlock giants for Ironjawz players though!

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive?N=2510756053+3252425321&_requestid=590871

Also some gorgeous new modular Lake-town terrain for the Hobbit that wouldn't look out of place in an Old Worldy part of the Mortal Realms:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/The-Hobbit?N=102332+3252425321&_requestid=589529

Lake-town House Multi-pack
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

They had these houses at Warhammer Fest a while back. They're lovely but I feel they're a little small for the super heroic looking AoS minis. 

Should be perfect size for my Freeguid still, gonna build a whole town out of them ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bottle said:

Should be perfect size for my Freeguid still, gonna build a whole town out of them ??

I'll be keen on the results you get. That kit looks perfetct for a (long term) project I'm planning, but I am really concerned about the scale. I have some scattered LotR bits and they are tiny even compared to Empire Troopers.

But the Magnus muscles have energy sockets and have cables and wires showing through holes in his skin. It's definitely 40k. I don't think this will be the same body as the Lord of Change. See here:

IMG_1280.JPG

He does look like Sylvester Stallone though.

Edited by Percivael
  • Like 5