The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Yeah man! It’s your priorities!* liking the Slaves to Darkness style better than Darkoath! Pffft, you must not have your pension in order as you don’t prefer the same thing as me! 

You can clearly see, based on two loose hero models and some teased artwork, that Darkoath will be awesome! Even if you prefer faceless warriors marching perfectly in sync crushing all underneath their daemonic metal feet, to half naked Conan models...

dang, does this mean I need to get my priorities straight as well ?

*not taste, priorities ;) 

** all sarcasm, just in case it didn’t drip through enough. 

Yeah the "reevaluate your priorities" line from that guy was pretty awkward and bizarre. That's a good summary of the image of Slaves to Darkness/Chaos Undivided as they are now and many people prefer it over, as you say, half naked Conan models, which is all we've seen from the two miniatures and sole piece of art so far. Very uninspired looking models that lack any sort of Chaos specific flare, they look like they could be from any other Fantasy setting. Of course this is entirely subjective and my opinion, I just said that I would prefer them to be their own faction.

• Like 2

I keep hearing about a nerf to the Daughters of Khaine. Does anyone have any concrete knowledge of any coming nerfs? 

I'm new AoS and GW generally, so I'm not sure how nerfs usually get implemented. Points changes? Ability changes? FAQs to the BT?

I ask since I'm in the middle of building up a DoK army. I like that they are competitive, but mostly I love having an army of angry murder ladies in bikinis stabbing zombie dragons and hulked out orruks to death with daggers. AoS is freaking awesome! :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cash4u said:

Yeah the "reevaluate your priorities" line from that guy was pretty awkward and bizarre. That's a good summary of the image of Slaves to Darkness/Chaos Undivided as they are now and many people prefer it over, as you say, half naked Conan models, which is all we've seen from the two miniatures and sole piece of art so far. Very uninspired looking models that lack any sort of Chaos specific flare, they look like they could be from any other Fantasy setting. Of course this is entirely subjective and my opinion, I just said that I would prefer them to be their own faction.

My post was intended to be more lighthearted ribbing than an actual serious point.  You are free to like what you  like, obviously.

That being said, it does blow my mind that someone could look at the major elements of the Slaves to Darkness line (an army filled with bland and lifeless models), and think "yeah, that's a product line that needs to be preserved." 

Although in a way, I suppose I do agree with you - I prefer that Darkoath and StD remain isolated as well, if only so that the StD models don't stink up what could be something that actually looks cool

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 1

The only nerf is one people suspect will happen based on Daughters current high standing in the rankings at several major competitions. However no one has any firm rumour or news from GW itself - its purely speculation. Point changes are often the most common, but sometimes it might be an ability changes how its worded or it might be a combination. 

1 minute ago, mikethefish said:

Although in a way, I suppose I do agree with you - I prefer that Darkoath and StD remain isolated as well, if only so that the StD models don't stink up what could be something that actually looks cool

I am glad we are on the same page then, lol.

The aim is for a January faq, however it isn't known if there will be point increases at this time. 

Dark oath is an update to what people liked about chaos undivided in old warhammer. Esp gives an insight into life in the realms for humans living outside of order, tribes that grew up under the age of chaos. Maybe more "human" than the god specific bloodbound, blight Kings etc. 

59 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

My post was intended to be more lighthearted ribbing than an actual serious point.  You are free to like what you  like, obviously.

That being said, it does blow my mind that someone could look at the major elements of the Slaves to Darkness line (an army filled with bland and lifeless models), and think "yeah, that's a product line that needs to be preserved." 

My reaction was meant in the same way. Get your priorities straight is a bit of a weird thing to say in my mind.

But back to the serious stuff: 

you think the meticously kept clean armour of the chaos warriors will stink up the place more than this guy...?

15943704-1653-4E75-8476-C34B2624CD95.jpeg.c821eb7f9cf3a94eb3b4f17aca43fb35.jpeg

my chaos warriors of Slaanesh smell like roses thank you very much

Edited by Kramer
Typo

I can see that happening - I think GW is going to push excess a little away from just "sexual" into more areas so adding music into it as a general type of "pleasure" is a great move. It adds to the faction and I think could branch it out a bit more without actually losing anything at the same time. 

A daemonete playing a harp with claws is funny.

I would like to know or to try to know if maybe next year we will have something else in the first months apart from Darkoath, slanesh  and Moonclan. How much time goes since we know a rumor and it appears on shop?? like when we knew there will be sea aelfs? that sentence I think it was "they are like kayric acolytes with spite revenants heads..." and "theres a shark and a big turtle" I know is too soon but I wanna all aelfs out :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

A daemonete playing a harp with claws is funny.

I would like to know or to try to know if maybe next year we will have something else in the first months apart from Darkoath, slanesh  and Moonclan. How much time goes since we know a rumor and it appears on shop?? like when we knew there will be sea aelfs? that sentence I think it was "they are like kayric acolytes with spite revenants heads..." and "theres a shark and a big turtle" I know is too soon but I wanna all aelfs out :)

Deepkin were rumoured about a year before release, but that's rare. There was little about DoK until right before they came out. 

I expect wrath and Rapture in Nov so if I'm off about the herald we will know soon. 

49 minutes ago, Kramer said:

My reaction was meant in the same way. Get your priorities straight is a bit of a weird thing to say in my mind.

But back to the serious stuff: 

you think the meticously kept clean armour of the chaos warriors will stink up the place more than this guy...?

15943704-1653-4E75-8476-C34B2624CD95.jpeg.c821eb7f9cf3a94eb3b4f17aca43fb35.jpeg

my chaos warriors of Slaanesh smell like roses thank you very much

Absolutely LOVE that miniature and its aesthetic. I personally hope Darkoath will be a possibility to play evil humans without mouths or eyes in weird places

• Like 1

While I welcome new barbarians, I think "generic cool, evil knights" are like 5 times cooler than generic Fantasy barbarians (no matter if inpsired by Frazetta or Brom) with a Chaos twist - to each their own I guess but I think it's unfair to say the basic Chaos Warriors are a bad concept because the minis are showing their age. The StD minis just suck, the concept is still great. Basic Chaos Warriors made me start Warhammer in the first place. Give me tzeentchian Chaos Warriors like those painted by Adrian Smith and I wouldn't ever ask for more in regards to Chaos (truth be told, I got everything else already, including lots and lots of Tzaangors). But I'm happy for everyone else if Darkoath fills the gaps for those that want em - I'd just like to see new CW sculpts akin to the Varanguard. Don't give a damn about half-naked barbarian rabble. ?

• Like 1

In my humble opinion i am confused by the Darkoath.

We already have half naked barbarians run charging into opponent lines in Khorne.

I don't see at all how aditional naked barbarians charging into enemy line bring anything to the table we don't alrady have.

Somehow it appears more logical that Darkoath is kind of a Slaves of Darkness renewal and they will be combined.

Just my own 2 cents

• Like 2

To be honest I don't really see a place for Darkoath in form of melee chaos as well. Khorne and StD already took that role. What if Darkoath are never gonna be a full faction? Just a few support models, a warband and a mention in the lore? 

I have no idea how are they supposed to step out from Khorne /Beastclaw raiders theme. 

I like the two current Darkoath models okay, but after seeing the Shadespire artwork my thoughts became "Oh cool, generic uninspired barbarians that exist in every fantasy game ever made." I'm much more a fan of the StD stuff, even if the models are super dated.  I always thought of Chaos Undivided as more slavering masses of Beastmen, followed by ranks of disciplined Chaos warriors and rampaging marauders. Not a bunch of generic barbarians.

I imagine Chaos Undivided to look a lot more like this (also it shows it's not that hard to convert awesome looking marauders and warriors):

image.png.35588ed3de2e743cb57ade29edfde6e5.png

Edited by Sabotage!
  • Like 1

I also heard the Slaaneshi harp herald rumours. I can't give the exact source, but I was told about it by someone on a Facebook Slaanesh page who said they got it from a person who works at GW (when I asked for specifics, they said no as it would put the person's job at risk). Not the most solid rumour, but I believe that this is where it came from :P  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I also heard the Slaaneshi harp herald rumours. I can't give the exact source, but I was told about it by someone on a Facebook Slaanesh page who said they got it from a person who works at GW (when I asked for specifics, they said no as it would put the person's job at risk). Not the most solid rumour, but I believe that this is where it came from :P  

Oh?!  It would be neat for some new characterful Heralds. 

If I were to choose how the Darkoath should become, they'd build upon the Norse foundation.

They'd be barbarians not bereft of positive feelings and such, but wild, hard folk growing up in a culture that came to be under the rule of no false gods but the great Gods of Chaos. To them, dealing with these would be normal. To them, not dealing with these would be foolish.

But they'd be no pawns. They'd haggle, bargain and struggle with the gods and their hardships, sometimes oppose them, sometimes worship them but never defy their absolute power.

And the gods, pleased by mortal pride and struggle, would watch them, ever intrigued, ever curious.

Woe upon those that bore them.

• Like 1