The Rumour Thread

I'm so hyped ! 

I decided a couple of months ago to just forget about the " no battletome : ****** army" and go deep into brayherd because I just loved the models. 

You can't imagine how happy I am about that choice. 

Also : you can see on the bottom right of the page it's the October 2018 White Dwarf. 

Does that mean the release is due  in September and that they go a focus in October ? 

Edited by Saiken
  • Like 1

I want to start a new army (still waiting for KO upgrade), and I really wanted the flying gobbos to be a thing. So, since we have 0 rumors about thems, and KO are a bit boring with their play-style, hope to see the BoC having new and interesting mechanics.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I want to start a new army (still waiting for KO upgrade), and I really wanted the flying gobbos to be a thing. So, since we have 0 rumors about thems, and KO are a bit boring with their play-style, hope to see the BoC having new and interesting mechanics.

I am also waiting on some sort of KO revival. The army is pretty dead, such a shame for imho the best looking army in AoS

• Like 3

1 hour ago, michu said:

As @Skabnoze already said, Night Goblins (now Moonclan Grots) and their allies were always a mainstay of comedy in Warhammer. This Troggoth perfectly fits. Wait for darker color scheme and then you will see the potential in this sculpt.

Well, I haven't liked the "older newer"models either (but I love the old stuff like the old stone trolls)  so it fits the theme :) I agree thst it will look better with darker and less cartoony colur scheme, but I still think it's bit too busy, which is common to most of the new models.

Another separate issue that I have wirh models nowadays (not just GW), is that all of then are very "specialized" and while they look nice as separate pieces, the fact that they are always the same models will have the effect that when you have seen a single army, you've seen them all. Especially with the ranges being so small. For example ironjawz suffer from this. 

But each to their own, I'm sure that many people love the model and the cartoony style seems to be the style that sells nowadays. I'm fine with that. I have enough projects anyways :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Saiken said:

Also : you can see on the bottom right of the page it's the October 2018 White Dwarf. 

Does that mean the release is due  in September and that they go a focus in October ? 

Good spot. There I was thinking we would be getting them in a couple of weeks. The available now tag suggests we will get their preorder in late September. With Rogue trader probably taking just one week, we may even see the Moonclan first. 

If this is really a battletome + endless spells only release, then I will start praying every day for a similar one for high elves. Just a few rules in reward for running phoenix temple alongside order draconis, eldritch council and swifthawks in one army would be enough.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2018 at 11:54 AM, xking said:

So I just went and took a look at the online store for Beastmen, and every single model is direct order only.  Do we think that will change, because otherwise it seems like a very weird choice to not put those models back in stores or make new models.

Edited by RuneBrush

I'd guess it's because they're being re-boxed on round bases, and hopefully in bigger units with a saving overall, like they did with Stormcasts and Slaves to Darkness. I'm kinda peeved that GW haven't started shipping the direct only minis with round bases now that they're semi-required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trayanee said:

If this is really a battletome + endless spells only release, then I will start praying every day for a similar one for high elves. Just a few rules in reward for running phoenix temple alongside order draconis, eldritch council and swifthawks in one army would be enough.

Mate chuck wanderers in there as well

Fantastic news! I for one am glad it's not a shared battletome with Darkoath or other hornless chaos factions. The herdstone model is fantastic and unexpected, I'll definitely grab that even if I'm planning my own custom herdstone. I'm super grateful for all of this even if there are no new unit models, when I started my Brayherd army last year I wasn't expecting any kind of support for a loooong time, but now almost everything I wanted for the faction is coming true! ? So hyped for September now.

• Like 2