The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Qu'attendez-vous de l'histoire de Dawnbringers d'aujourd'****** ? Nous devrons bientôt entrer dans le territoire du Chaos. J'attends une histoire sur Khorne, Varanguard ou Darkoaths.

We have time ahead, the 4rth edition lauch box is on the 16 may, today they can stop here and retake one or two weeks later.

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Priority Roll article for 4.0. Nothing new here, just more marketing talk and another reiteration that it'll stop you selecting Battle Tactics if you take it. Also a tease that list building/composition has changed somehow, but that'll be in another article. 

Isn't this the first time they've said that outright?

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Priority Roll article for 4.0. Nothing new here, just more marketing talk and another reiteration that it'll stop you selecting Battle Tactics if you take it. Also a tease that list building/composition has changed somehow, but that'll be in another article. 

If I win the priority and let my rival to have a double turn then he will score less

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If I win the priority and let my rival to have a double turn then he will score less

No, it's only if you willingly take the double, not if you give it to your opponent:

"when you choose to take a double turn, you give up your opportunity to pick a battle tactic for the turn"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Unfortunately it says you only give up the battle tactic if you "choose" to take the double. No Skaven shenanigans here. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

when you choose to take a double turn, you give up your opportunity to pick a battle tactic for the turn"

I would wait to see the actual rules before applying any textual interpretation

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Am I the only one who feels 80% of all these articles sum up almost nothing? I would preferred for them to start later rather than having a daily post that gives 0 value.

It has communication value, people talk about the game and argue on stuff, which is just good for GW at this point: it allows to build the interest and hype longer

But yeah it has very little value for the players unfortunately...

The only thing I got from today's article is the information that the initiative and priority rolls stay the same, only there is a small drawback for taking a double turn (and we already knew that last part, so really only the first part is new info)

The double turn propaganda is insane: Repeating the same opinion doesn’t make it true xD

But hey let’s add another 3 justifications which are necessary since everybody loves the double turn and there’s no reason not go love it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It‘s very hypocritical.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The double turn propaganda is insane: Repeating the same opinion doesn’t make it true xD

But hey let’s add another 3 justifications which are necessary since everybody loves the double turn and there’s no reason not go love it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It‘s very hypocritical.

Just play I go you go in your home games, dude. Literally the easiest thing in the world to house rule.

1000%, if they removed the double turn we would be seeing nothing but "going first is too strong, alpha strikes are too strong, shooting is too strong" every day.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Just play I go you go in your home games, dude. Literally the easiest thing in the world to house rule.

1000%, if they removed the double turn we would be seeing nothing but "going first is too strong, alpha strikes are too strong, shooting is too strong" every day.

My post is not about that. It’s that their botched attempt at propaganda that annoys me.

• Like 6
  • Confused 5

Calis and Toll are back (again) for this week's Dawnbringer Chronicle.

As the drums of war continue to beat a pounding rhythm against the walls of Hammerhal Aqsha, Callis and Toll answer a desperate summons from the Guild of Arcanogeologists in the latest instalment of the Dawnbringer Chronicles. The horrors of the Kingsblood Curse have kept the ever-vigilant witch hunters occupied until now, but their attention can finally turn to other matters… though it may already be too late.

nsbMkQP5JWrW4Vl0.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

35 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Am I the only one who feels 80% of all these articles sum up almost nothing? I would preferred for them to start later rather than having a daily post that gives 0 value.

It is egregiously slow and unhelpful. We still haven't seen either a new model (from a model making company) nor what the new warscrolls will look like (probably the most major component of the new edition).

Someone definitely spent time thinking about how long they could drag out each bit of info.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flippy said:

It seems that there is some misunderstanding here regarding this modular build. From what GW says, you may theoretically plug out one "module" (e.g. magic or terrain) but the game is not meant to be played like this. This is how the game should be played and what they design the rules for:

image.png.db86105e445878561a2da914f9a22bc4.png

The real idea here is that you can plug out the "magic" module and plug in the "seasonal magic" module instead - and same goes for any other module. Any discussion on how the game will function without "commands" or "command models" is probably irrelevant - the game will simply not function as intended without them, unless you use the proper "replacement module". The "battle tactics" are the only truly optional module.

Thank you! Your post made it clear to me and it sounds rather good if it is balanced and still work as intented after a year into the edition.

Edited by Tonhel

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

It is egregiously slow and unhelpful. We still haven't seen either a new model (from a model making company) nor what the new warscrolls will look like (probably the most major component of the new edition).

Someone definitely spent time thinking about how long they could drag out each bit of info.

I don't even play, but even for someone like me, who knows 0 about the rules, it adds no value. Because it is not a post made for completely newbies (like the lore one) nor one going into deep content made for actual players. It is just sitting there in the middle of nowhere just to tick the daily post task.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

My post is not about that. It’s that their botched attempt at propaganda that annoys me.

Yeah I couldn't help but roll my eyes at it. "By far, the number one answer to the last question is this: ‘not the double turn!’". Please. I don't know a single person in real life or a single YouTuber that would respond like that. The only people I know that actually stick up for it are on here, in real life it's resigned ambivalence at best with the majority disliking it in one way or another. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 10

Eh, I always treat these pre-edition articles kinda like press releases, they're mostly fluff with the occasional point of interest mixed in there.  They've got ~3 months to fill, they're not gonna rush at it.

They could've at least let us peek at a clanrat or something though, mind you.

• Like 1

They are very much designed for casual readers who aren't hanging off GW's every word and WarCom post, which is fair enough when there's a large, quiet majority who are that way, but it would be nice if they did actually have some meat on the bones for the people like us who are 'in the know' to chew on as well.

• Like 1

It's hard to know how impactful this will be until we see how impactful battle tactics are.

If Battle Tactics work the same as they do now this functionally kills taking double turns.

Right now you basically have to scpre a tactic every turn in every game. Taking a double and not scoring a battle tactic is just self sabotage.

• Like 1