The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, EntMan said:

Not if you're a Wanderer ☹️🌲🧝‍♂️

Probably going into Warhammer Old World and/or Kurnothi. and the Old World would mean there would be the full-ish range returning.

I can see the KO just getting that character - not what I would want but expected from that Rumour engine.

The list looks like a good guess and some had been discussed here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Branchwraith is still available. Just doesn't have rules anymore.

So it is, weird! 

So since the original purge during the transition of warhammer to AoS, has anything been discontinued without being replaced? (excluding the Underworlds warbands which are in range rotation). 

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

So it is, weird! 

So since the original purge during the transition of warhammer to AoS, has anything been discontinued without being replaced? (excluding the Underworlds warbands which are in range rotation). 

Dont know if this is a correct answer but the normal orks and grots got removed after the grand alliance tomes.

12 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

So it is, weird! 

I'm sure I've seen "last chance to buy" used in the past few years. But can't now for the life of me remember what it was used for?

Hmm, maybe it was for stuff they were taking away for reboxing?

Iirc, the most recent warband removals they didn't say anything about rotating/them ever coming back.

25 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'm sure I've seen "last chance to buy" used in the past few years. But can't now for the life of me remember what it was used for?

Hmm, maybe it was for stuff they were taking away for reboxing?

Iirc, the most recent warband removals they didn't say anything about rotating/them ever coming back.

About 20 boxes of factions that are now CoS had been put on last chance to buy.

Most of those were already "temporarily unavailable".

GW obscured that status purposefully, up to the Warshrine going briefly to "no longer available" before being put to "temporarily unavailable" until they finally sent out the mail.

Just before the culling I tried to buy two kits that were not listed as unavailable, but they just were not added to my cart, whichever way I tried.

Whitefang mentioned that is was complex.  I wonder if the warscrolls will get removed but not the models. For instance you could mix and match all the spearmen from the old factions, but they all fall under one new generic spearmen warscroll. I totally get reducing the number of warscrolls for the army. Especially, if its meant to be mixed arms. 

It could look really cool to have a unit compromised of different models but with the same profile. 

Think about having a calvary unit mixed with models of Drakespawn Knights, Dark Knights, Wild Riders and Sisters of the thorn, but they all share the same warscroll for ease of the game.  Would be really thematic and people could get creative with what their units would look like. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

37 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Whitefang mentioned that is was complex.  I wonder if the warscrolls will get removed but not the models. For instance you could mix and match all the spearmen from the old factions, but they all fall under one new generic spearmen warscroll. I totally get reducing the number of warscrolls for the army. Especially, if its meant to be mixed arms. 

It could look really cool to have a unit compromised of different models but with the same profile. 

Think about having a calvary unit mixed with models of Drakespawn Knights, Dark Knights, Wild Riders and Sisters of the thorn, but they all share the same warscroll for ease of the game.  Would be really thematic and people could get creative with what their units would look like. 

This would be awesome.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ogregut said:

So it is, weird! 

Almost everything from forgeworld, about 20 boxes from now CoS in 2019, chaos familiars, the original Silver Tower heroes, quite a few Greenskin units, some things in Death.

I think about 40 boxes in total. I expect the rest of Forgeworld, Mortis Engine and quite a few resin or metal things are also on the chopping block.

41 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Almost everything from forgeworld, about 20 boxes from now CoS in 2019, chaos familiars, the original Silver Tower heroes, quite a few Greenskin units, some things in Death.

I think about 40 boxes in total. I expect the rest of Forgeworld, Mortis Engine and quite a few resin or metal things are also on the chopping block.

The original Silver Tower heroes are mostly still available. Only the Sigmarite Priest and the Tenebrous Shard(?) are discontinued currently.

But yeah there has been further cullings since AoS began.

14 hours ago, The Red King said:

The notice will be an overnight move of the entire range to last chance to buy and then they'll pretend they definitely never painted them right into the narrative reboxed them in AoS boxes and actively sold them to people.

Before the Cities book was published we had about three months notice about the kits being discontinued, if memory serves. I seem to remember the notice being given some time at the start of the summer holidays and the book came out in October.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Before the Cities book was published we had about three months notice about the kits being discontinued, if memory serves. I seem to remember the notice being given some time at the start of the summer holidays and the book came out in October.

I might be misremembering and thinking of High Elves before Lumineth, but I seem to recall them announcing last chance to buy AFTER they were already sold out

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ogregut said:

So it is, weird! 

From the Grand Alliance Order absolute soup of microfactions, I think something like 35 kits have been discontinued before the Cities of Sigmar book. A lot of little elven factions, some other units from remaining ones, like s*tloads of dwarven artillery, Warriors, Thunderers, Quarrelers (they would have been effectively duplicating with the Freeguild Guard, Handgunners and Crossbowmen), or Freeguild Militia and the General on a horse. That was definitely the biggest single cull in the whole history of AoS to date.

1 minute ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I might be misremembering and thinking of High Elves before Lumineth, but I seem to recall them announcing last chance to buy AFTER they were already sold out

If we're talking Swifthawk Agents, While Lions etc, I'm pretty sure they were cut before Cities. I'm not massively invested in any of the elven factions, so forgive if I don't remember all the names precisely, but whatever there was left of the HE from the WHFB that went into the AoS with Compendiums was either cut/trimmed or made it to the Cities. So Lumineth hasn't replaced anything in AoS that was still in use just prior to them being released.

Don't think it has been covered here, and off topic admittedly, but Henry Cavill is producing and starring in a 40K series!

Hopefully this opens doors for fantasy to get some play in the future!

Edit, looks like I was indeed late to the party on this news, apologies!

Edited by Goatforce
Correction
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Beliman said:

It seems that Henry Cavill is in talk with GW for a war40k series for Amazon as an executive producer.

Some people are saying that he will play a role in the series too.

Not sure how it will end

https://investor.games-workshop.com/2022/12/16/agreement-in-principle-to-develop-film-and-tv/

They've confirmed Amazon are scoping out something in the 40k Universe. 

Considering how much Amazon spent on limited rights to Lord of the Rings, this should be a nice boost for GW. At the very least the stock market agrees and GW shares are up 13% so far this morning. 

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

It seems that Henry Cavill is in talk with GW for a war40k series for Amazon as an executive producer.

Some people are saying that he will play a role in the series too.

Not sure how it will end

I know it’s not AoS of wfb but this would be amazing, Amazon have seemingly unlimited funds so in theory it can’t look bad and the living custodian onboard?! Sounds like a fan boy wet dream but hey if it happens I’m watching!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Syf said:

I know it’s not AoS of wfb but this would be amazing, Amazon have seemingly unlimited funds so in theory it can’t look bad and the living custodian onboard?! Sounds like a fan boy wet dream but hey if it happens I’m watching!

Yep, and with Cavill as an executive producer you know he will be doing everything he can to keep the series lore-accurate!

• Like 3

I personally enjoyed Rings of Power and I know Amazon have also produced great stuff like The Boys, but with Henry as a Producer and with this being GW, I hope Henry and GW have the reins here to keep it as lore accurate as possible.

You know what, I'll enjoy anything that is produced for what it is. I hope it'll be amazing, and it sounds like it should be.

GW with Henry producing, at least someone who is a fan and that's all I ask, but with an infinite budget machine like Amazon, could just be what a machine like Warhammer requires.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jetlife said:

hmm that confuse emoji says otherwise

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I am surprised they haven't pulled a Drukhari and just range rotate all the resin/metal models out of the webstore, to be honest. Of course, they could have a surplus of stock of most of the outdated WHF models that they don't feel like they will get sold out anytime soon as the 40K stuff will. probably why AoS hasn't been hit with range rotations outside of underworld warbands.

22 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I personally enjoyed Rings of Power and I know Amazon have also produced great stuff like The Boys, but with Henry as a Producer and with this being GW, I hope Henry and GW have the reins here to keep it as lore accurate as possible.

You know what, I'll enjoy anything that is produced for what it is. I hope it'll be amazing, and it sounds like it should be.

GW with Henry producing, at least someone who is a fan and that's all I ask, but with an infinite budget machine like Amazon, could just be what a machine like Warhammer requires.

I can’t say much about the rings of power.

I personally watched the first episode fel asleep after the first ten minutes, woke up at the end when barney Stinson started flirting with the beardless dwarf woman, and just asked myself if I missed the part where any rat people stole those beards before hand.

I didn’t care too much too watch the rest as the conversation in the first ten minutes seemed unlimited boring, and the philosophy of a ship looking up into the skye, to be able to swim, didn’t really click much to me.

While I do enjoy philosophy very much, this really just sounded stupid.

(it kinda reminded me of an adult who wasn’t interest in answering the question of his child, so he went: it’s magic!!).

But if Henry cavill is leading the whole expedition, then yes in all means go on amazon.

ps: also if there js any lesson I can give amazon when making a series/movie in the 41th millennium, then that that is the point of time where all people no matter what color, gender or mutations (some not all are welcome, I believe the person calling himself jean stealer might not have a great time with his three arms in the imperium)

Are all considered equally as cannon fodder. We all die for the emperor as equals, and are correctly enslaved equally in his name, till our last duty ends as meatshield in battle.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This will be a massive hit or miss. Amazon has a history of crazy big creative freedom far off from the source material aside from just the name. Some shows are great while most have die hard fans fuming.

For me as long as they dont use any already established material and try to carbon copy it ill be happy. The 40k universe is so vast that Amazon can just make up whatever it wants for a good story...just as long as they stay away from anything already established including every named character in the setting then it should be fine.

I've enjoyed watching Rings of Power more than I thought I would, still when I looked into the story from the book afterward, I've realised there are many things that were unnecessary twisted in the show which could be the cause of trouble in the next season.

If amazon is doing a series of 40K, I hope that  they have learned from their mistake and will respect the lore of 40k as much as possible. I also hope that, with Cavill behind the bar, we will  avoid another Witcher catastrophe. 

Edited by Sigmarusvult
  • Like 1

Well, things fall into place for this favorably. I believe this will have the chance to be actually decent and I was always worried about a live-action movie or series - Amazon learned that thanks to the backlash of ROP that the writing quality is more important than budget, I think everyone learned thanks to Henry leaving the Witcher that you don't mess with the source material and with Henry being this involved, I think it will handled with lots of care, especially because GW are stern in this regard.

I truly hope they will capture the bleak nature of it all and will present it in a grown-up fashion and they will present us with the themes and ideas of the 41st millennium and not shoehorn in contemporary commentary. Sometimes the writing from GW is amazing, sometimes it's a bit "childish", so I really hope they can bring their A game when sifting through it and focus on the best parts so that this will become a home run.

• Like 3