The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Will my Dwarf Soup call actually pan out? Would be nice, I need a hit to cherry pick after having my OBR and Beasts predictions basically invalidated by the last two Tome Celestials. Although I also called KO not being part of the Dwarf Soup book, so I guess I'm just wrong either way.

Honestly, IF we take two relatively small miniature lines (Kharadron and Fireslayers) and toss in all the old Dispossessed, and then bring in 2-3 new units, a hero or two, and a Dwarven Avatar to tie it all together, and spice it up with new rules, I'm game. 

Dispossessed anvil units with Fyreslayer hammer units, supported by Kharadron artillery, could make for an awesome force when combined with a modern, well thought out inegrated rules set. 😁

But my guess is we'll actually get three separate armies crammed in one book, with an Orruk Warclan Big Waagh style rule so you can kind-of play them together. 🤔

• Thanks 2

So we have the new avatar with an alternative head option. The new Nighthaunt librarian and a Aelf of some sort. I hope i am wrong, but the Aelf is giving me a bit of a lumineth vibe, hope they decide the expand on one of the other pointy eared factions instead that need it more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The Nighthaunt clearly resembles a Librarian or someone Nagash has cursed for all eternity to read his enemies bedtime stories, so frightfully boring that they literally bore them to death. 

Causes mortal wounds if you actually read your opponent a bedtime story before you attack with this character. 

It's other ability is that your opponent is not allowed to look in their battletomes, yours and the rulebook while the model is on the table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The Nighthaunt clearly resembles a Librarian or someone Nagash has cursed for all eternity to read his enemies bedtime stories, so frightfully boring that they literally bore them to death. 

Causes mortal wounds if you actually read your opponent a bedtime story before you attack with this character. 

It shushes you so you can't use command abilities in its presence

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I hope i am wrong, but the Aelf is giving me a bit of a lumineth vibe, hope they decide the expand on one of the other pointy eared factions instead that need it more.

Nah, the head-crest is way too small for LRL xD

however, the bird confuses me: It reminds me a lot of the Nomad Prince. So I am guessing it is for a new Warband.

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Nah, the head-crest is way too small for LRL xD

however, the bird confuses me: It reminds me a lot of the Nomad Prince. So I am guessing it is for a new Warband.

Could be a new wanderers hero too. If dispossessed get souped into a dwarf book it could make sense for wanderers to get souped into sylvaneth  and we had that cryptic whitefang rumor. Could be wanderers vs skaven, which could make more sense than sylvaneth vs skaven since I'm not sure how you'd make the contents much different than looncurse. AFAIK wanderers haven't been featured in a box set for all of AoS.

• Like 1

Could mean a preview of a roadmap for battle tomes. Idoneth and Fyreslayers next, then Night Haunt and Lumineth with their new heroes revealed in the stream.

Alternately what if it's a new Duardin character and the silhouette is making it look more slender than it is?

I think it might be an eldar corsair? Possibly a wanderer model? Looks like a feather in their hair - maybe a riff on the old wood elf falconer model possibly to go with the sylvaneth? The corsair idea is because they are supposed to be more flamboyant than other eldar. [probably more of a long shot]

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 2

These are preview of diferents games,one is for 40k the avatar of khaine,other for aos the nighaunt hero and the last must be for warcry or shadespire and maybe be the city of sigmar band and this is the wanderer hero of the band.

I dont think be for aos as they showed allready something for aos in that picture

Just now, Doko said:

These are preview of diferents games,one is for 40k the avatar of khaine,other for aos the nighaunt hero and the last must be for warcry or shadespire and maybe be the city of sigmar band and this is the wanderer hero of the band.

I dont think be for aos as they showed allready something for aos in that picture

Warcry and Underwolds are not listed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Could be a new wanderers hero too. If dispossessed get souped into a dwarf book it could make sense for wanderers to get souped into sylvaneth  and we had that cryptic whitefang rumor. Could be wanderers vs skaven, which could make more sense than sylvaneth vs skaven since I'm not sure how you'd make the contents much different than looncurse. AFAIK wanderers haven't been featured in a box set for all of AoS.

Actually that's a good call out. I was baffled by the idea of a random (not-IDK) elf model, but if we are getting a Sylvaneth vs Skaven battlebox than a new Wanderer hero reveal makes perfect sense.

Sadly, none of the shadows are dwarves...

28 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

That might be some aetherwing. And that model on the right looks like some tree considering those legs but that head…

Good catch on the blocky tree body. Could be the rumored Lady of Vines for Sylvaneth. 

A Ylthari 2.0 with the tree body but spite limbs that just resemble an aelf.

image.png.281a03dd45d66e47d0dd305596f86024.png

Would aesthetically go with the new Warsong who combines some Sylvaneth ethereal spites with a hint of Lumineth icons.

(edit: unless of course it’s more Aeldari. With 40k, Killteam AND Necromunda on the menu they have a lot of knife ear spots to fill for both those shadows)

As for the NightHaunt I wonder if he’ll be connected to the Death book rumor engine? I had a theory they might act as Death’s version of Bluescribes as creatures that wander the infinite Realms to collect any knowledge. In this case to rebuild Nagash’s destroyed books he lost in his invasion of the Realm of Light?

Edited by Baron Klatz

46 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Considering how egomaniacal is Nagash that poor soul is cursed to read the Nagash certifified Biography  again and again (from the beginning in the old Nekehara till the Necroquake times) until the enemies will cut off their ears to stop earing.

From the trailer that miniature seemed "big" so hoping it's sort of monstrous cavalry(maybe atop a ghost ship like Charon?) but who knows.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Good catch on the blocky tree body. Could be the rumored Lady of Vines for Sylvaneth. 

Would aesthetically go with the new Warsong who combines some Sylvaneth ethereal spites with a hint of Lumineth icons.

(edit: unless of course it’s more Aeldari. With 40k, Killteam AND Necromunda on the menu they have a lot of knife ear spots to fill for both those shadows)

As for the NightHaunt I wonder if he’ll be connected to the Death book rumor engine? I had a theory they might act as Death’s version of Bluescribes as creatures that wander the infinite Realms to collect any knowledge. In this case to rebuild Nagash’s destroyed books he lost in his invasion of the Realm of Light?

Doesn't look like a Revenant to me honestly. That arm is definitely sleeved and Revenants don't wear shirts for obvious reasons. I wouldn't expect a tree spirit to need a Falconers leash either, but it would fit a regular elf, or a Kurnothi possibly.

Could also be a Kill Team Corsair I suppose, I know nothing about those guys but still a space elf with a regular bird and a falconer leash seems a bit...odd.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Afraid the model on the right is very definitely an Avatar of Khaine, they showed the pose in a video earlier today, the hand is in the exact same position, looks like it'll have head options.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Afraid the model on the right is very definitely an Avatar of Khaine, they showed the pose in a video earlier today, the hand is in the exact same position, looks like it'll have head options.

You're right. Even that bark-y looking bit on the leg matches.

Edited by boyadventurer

I'm assuming the mini on the left is Necromunda or Killteam seeing as there is no Underworlds or Warcry being shown and on the right is the Avatar of Khaine model, especially seeing as how they just had an article on the old one being retired.

That centre mini is definitely the Nighthaunt mini from the snippet. Makes me wonder if Nighthaunt might jump the queue for a Battletome because IDK and Fyreslayer minis need more time...!?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

They’re heeeeere! (Imagine that spooky little Girl from the Poltergeist sitting next to her tv as the green ghosts sip into the bedroom)

BB593AC8-7ED8-4B53-B422-A5051AB2B56B.jpeg

Left to right:
Kurnothi Aelf,
Nerdy Nighthaunt,
Avatar of Khaine aka bebe in Malerion 

But in reality I would not be shocked if that nighthaunt is not tied to some kind of Cursed city expansion

Edited by Neverchosen